TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

Had a good day. Pretty late but that's okay. Not committed to doing much more this week, now that The Day is closer.

Everything needed to be done before the 25th seems to have happened w/o too much stress involved. And thats great. For a change with me, lol.

I'm actually planning to go downtown on Tuesday "just because" and just stroll thru the indoor malls while everybody goes crazy last-minute shopping. Fun fun fun...

Hee hee hee, my kind of a good time, LOL! And if I DO see something (hopefully massively ON SALE, being so close to It) that's worth buying, I'll have my little wallet of cards ready and able, heh heh.

Happy Week it feels. Even the weather isn't too crappy for us. Wet but still tolerable temp-wise.

Mmmm. Solstice Greetings everybody!

^It is. You first have to download a system update (if you don't have the most current version). Then, you have to make a Playstation Network account (unless you have one). Finally, you have to go to the Playstation Store and enter the code on the back of a PSP game card (you can buy them at several places that sell video games), or browse the store and buy something you like. If you buy a game via a PSP game card, you have to redeem the code by entering it into the 'redeem code' section of the store (a task in itself with the rather weird PSP typing system, it hasn't changed on the Go). Enter the code or buy the game from the store, and then you have to download it. This part isn't that much of a big deal, but you have to make sure the system doesn't go into sleep mode while downloading. I had to go to my barber's (yes, barber's) house twice in order to download Gran Turismo PSP, and it still hasn't worked. The main problem for me is that I don't really have a source of wireless internet, and I'm having a lot of trouble hooking up our router. It also takes a long time for some games to download; my 940 mb GT PSP takes at least 1 1/2 hours to download. So you need patience, the newest system version, and a wireless internet connection in order to get anywhere. Sony really made a 'jump off a cliff and pray to God there's a deep river at the bottom' decision with the PSP Go, but so far they're looking at landing on solid concrete with the complication of operating the system.

^ That one on PCH up here in Ventura County? That's the only one I know of. I've been up and down that a few times.

Today was lunch at Carl's Jr. with Diana, then we went to the store to get stuff that she's making to take to a New Year's Eve party. I'm not sure what I'm doing later (maybe SFMM's New Year's Eve party?), but it's always nice to spend time with your kid. I say that a lot here, but I enjoy it so much.

Eric

^It is. You first have to download a system update (if you don't have the most current version). Then, you have to make a Playstation Network account (unless you have one). Finally, you have to go to the Playstation Store and enter the code on the back of a PSP game card (you can buy them at several places that sell video games), or browse the store and buy something you like. If you buy a game via a PSP game card, you have to redeem the code by entering it into the 'redeem code' section of the store (a task in itself with the rather weird PSP typing system, it hasn't changed on the Go). Enter the code or buy the game from the store, and then you have to download it. This part isn't that much of a big deal, but you have to make sure the system doesn't go into sleep mode while downloading. I had to go to my barber's (yes, barber's) house twice in order to download Gran Turismo PSP, and it still hasn't worked. The main problem for me is that I don't really have a source of wireless internet, and I'm having a lot of trouble hooking up our router. It also takes a long time for some games to download; my 940 mb GT PSP takes at least 1 1/2 hours to download. So you need patience, the newest system version, and a wireless internet connection in order to get anywhere. Sony really made a 'jump off a cliff and pray to God there's a deep river at the bottom' decision with the PSP Go, but so far they're looking at landing on solid concrete with the complication of operating the system.

Seeing that you are posting on TPR, I have a solution to your troubles.

1) Install Media Go (The software that came with the PSP)

2) Sign into your PSN account.

3) Download Gran Turismo onto your PC.

4) Plug the PSP Go into the computer.

5) Transfer GT onto the PSP.

And I have found it untrue that the download is interrupted by the PSP falling asleep.

On topic: I got my PSP Go! And its 2010, so, more roller coasters! YES!