TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

finally "won" the lotto. . . Austin Public Health announced that they were getting 4000 vaccinations in tomorrow, and they would open up the sign up site at 6:30 pm.

my Spouse and i both got online, and waited - they do it by assigning random numbers to everyone logged in, and then they just go in order to see who can sign up.

I lucked out with a very low number, and the spouse ended up with a number around 2800 - which was still ok, we reasoned, since they had 4000 appointments available.

we both now have appointments for our 1st shot of Vaccinations tomorrow - at the same site, within a 1/2 hour of each other!   (so we can go together to do it).

FINALLY. . such a relief to be able to get an appointment (it's been rough, since he's so high risk, and had thus far had terrible luck getting an appointment!).

• Like 6

Great for you guys! We have to wait until at least April or May till we get our first dose. Up here in Canada, they're announcing that the time period between the two dosages might be a bit longer, since they've found the first dosage is working significantly better % wise, and a longer time between doses seems possible. Which means a lot more people can get their first dosage, sooner.

Which is great! Whatever the case, we hope everybody IS getting their vaccine ASAP.

And to all you people who are against getting vaccinated... 🤨

• Like 2

Just finished doing my taxes, and it turns out I might get a few $$$ this time 'round!

As I get older I am finding, that filling out the forms by hand (& mind) is getting tougher every year.

But, I'm hoping I was good with all of it. 🤞 And mailing it in early, means they can check it quicker .....

...... and then the $$$ will go directly into my bank.  :b

• Like 2

well.. .

can't really post about it anywhere, because I know so many are suffering right now (certainly not mentioning it on FB).
but this thread does seem to be the perfect place.

so will just be vague and say that I got an unexpected bonus yesterday.     I mean, I knew the company had hit the goal numbers to give employees a bonus, but the actual number is the biggest I've ever gotten in 35+ years of working in the tech industry.

• Like 6

Bought $15 worth of scratch tix and my usual Poker Lotto ticket, today.

And so far, after scratching, I have won $28 and $6 in free tickets! 💰

And I still have the lottery draw tonight, so more $ might be won.🤞

It's the little wins that count, when all is said and done.

I finished my Master of Arts in Professional Creative Writing with a concentration in Professional Dramatic Writing from the University of Denver. Started in summer 2019 and finished mid March 2021.  Most of the work was done during the pandemic!

And I did this a full 34 YEARS after getting my B.A. 

Anything is possible!

Now (fingers crossed) waiting for my return to work call from Disney....

Classof2021.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

got literally ZERO work done this morning, but did manage to get ticket to CoasterStock at Kings Island, a Hotel Booked, a Rental Car booked, a Flight Booked, and time off requested for it.

pretty dang good, for something that was just mentioned to me as an idea that "you should attend, it's always very good" on Friday. . oh, and tickets go on sale Monday, so you have to decide quickly.

it's gonna be an adventure!  a park and city I've never been to.

and it made me very happy. . now, if Covid can just stay under control (sorta) for 3 months, so as not to screw up this trip (or Dragon*con in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend), I'll be VERY happy.

• Like 2

Got my first dose of vaccine!

Bit of luck. Someone heard this one site has recently had excess vaccines and been giving them out after 5. So we went and waited and sure enough they opened it up! Was a pretty large group but I managed to make it in. 2nd dose scheduled, so I will be fully vaxxed by the time I hit the parks :D

• Like 4

Just had a kind of EPIPHANY about my future with coaster riding, etc.

I am at "749 coasters ridden" at Data Base. That leaves 51 before I hit magic # 800.

And ...... Playland(PNE) is soon getting a Brand New COASTER, to replace where Corkscrew..... was.

So ...... I have to ride 50 coasters before making this Playland(PNE) Coaster my #800, thereby fulfilling

my Ongoing Coaster Quest, of collecting Milestone Coasters in a Different Country, every time!  👑

i.e. #100 Wales; 200 Japan; 300 Germany; 400 England; 500 China; 600 Mexico; 700 USA; 800 ... Canada?

... I also found out, I just WON $39, in a couple of free tickets and cash! And all for a $5 payment.

Life can be nice, once in a while, when you really least expect it. 💰

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 1st vaccine shot, a week ago! 🩹

IMG_2852.JPG.360d9d46c9499dd40299d95043eaf5e5.JPG

And they gave me a sticker! ...... "So exciting!" ***

*** As our Prime Minister (sort of) said, when him & wife got theirs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Booked my first theme park visits for the year today for Sunday 23th of May and another for 5th of June. So happy to visit a park again my last theme park visit was 24th of October last year, I also booked for 19th of December last year but parks closed just before that date. I still can't be too optimistic as the 17th of May we still need to hear if parks open at the 19th but signs are good so far, I already feel like I'm back and that is what counts the most right now.

• Like 1

my 2nd favorite All You Can Eat sushi place opened back up for indoor dining - meaning: you can order the AYCE instead of just separate "to go" rolls

it's not my favorite place (their AYCE includes Sashimi, Nigiri, and rolls - but their indoor dining is still shut down with to go ordering only).

so i'm in a sushi roll coma from Sushi Junai . . and so happy about it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...