TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

^ It's in Japan....somewhere. Here's another one....

(EDIT To Add! We just got a near 1000 Bonus Miles added to our AirMiles account! Could be a CoVid thing. We're not sure about it, as it's listed as "Annual". Who knows? This may be a new thing they were making changes to, anyway, before CoVid- 19 started.)

(DOUBLE EDIT!!! I also bought $20 worth of lottery and scratch tickets, but only had to pay $10 from last wins I got. And.... won myself $18 cash and a free $3 ticket! Life can be good, in little way$.)

...I'm happy because my mom got better and no longer crying, Hurray!

Happy to read that, about your mother getting better.

And here's another Happy House photo I have found...

GypsyCaravan-1.jpg.8d0df9032a5e59ece6ca17e2418bc579.jpg

One of my fave traveling homes.

My most recent cancellation happened this morning. But, I'm getting a full refund. Not only for this but for two other entertainment things, too. Totaling nearly $500 (Cdn) back to my credit cards. Missing my shows but happy to get the credit cards....credited back.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought $15 worth of lottery and scratch tickets, earlier.

And won $17 and a free ticket!

It's the little wins that count, nowadays.

housse1_635x250_1425573919.jpg.d56c9bc730466e8f5ef95bf35664b13c.jpg

Home on the move. Thanks to "tiny house-Giant Journey" for their photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, all of the money owed back to me, from cancelled shows,

has been repaid. About $600 Cdn.worth of tickets.

I should be happy, but of course, I'm not really that happy.

I would rather have seen the shows than not see them.

But, my credit cards ARE becoming less ....uh.... demanding.

Happy Dance for that.

• 3 weeks later...

I had given David a gift of a return flight to Minneapolis (for a family reunion in June), by way of Toronto, using our AirMiles and paying taxes, etc. So the Toronto-Minneapolis part of the itinerary was cancelled, but I still had to deal with the Van-Toronto flight and back.

Turns out we can't get a full refund of the AirMiles or the taxes grrrrrr. But ~ it's all been put "on hold" for approx. 2 years, at which time we could "book another flight" etc. I didn't think this was a great result, until I realized that our trip to Amsterdam and Paris would be in September of 2022. And that open jaw flight (fly to Amsterdam, return from Paris), will have to be scheduled within a ten month period (I was told).

So.... we don't lose either the AirMiles (6206) or the taxes ($150 Cdn),

and can use them both as credit towards the Europe trip. Yay!

I am now content and happy about this result.

• 1 month later...

I was admitted into a Graduate Program at Brown University (yeah this fool who rambles about roller coasters and doesn't bother with grammar on the internet somehow got the Ivy League to take him....and I didn't even bribe anyone!)

Needless to say am super stoked, and I've already moved from FL to NJ for this month and Aug 1 I move to Providence, RI

After years of feeling stuck and NO avenue I tried panning out, finally gunna make the career changes I want.

OH and its nice to be back where a ton of parks are within 4 to 8 hours, unlike FL where it was 4 to the nearest

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My tire had a slow leak, they plugged it, and I had found this coupon online on the official site, and it actually worked and they didn't hassle me! Didn't even pull out my wallet.*

e731627813335d769a6b3bf7ebab0b97.jpg

*Yes, even with the asterisk there and "fees may apply"

2f03edf173807f6824b79d1b15a1dece.jpg

Edited by anonymouscactus

• 1 month later...

In the last few weeks, I have received several EXTRA Playland face masks in the regular snail mail! I would like to either thank somebody for so many extra masks (mostly the second BEAST masks they came up with), or maybe wonder that my initial actual order of masks got somehow 'stuck'. But that diesn't make sense, because this second new package sent to me was 4 Beast masks AND 1 Yellow Playland one. Not the kind of order I would put in, that way.

Oh, and this wasn't the first extra package I got! I got a first extro one (that make sense) a couple of weeks back, but still with my usual mailing label on it. Which reminds me, this second extra one's address to me was hand written on the envelope. Hmmm...

So....what to do? First, this is where I wanted to tell somebody about it, other than David, even if only through this forum. And second it IS a Very Happy Accident, if it's being done on purpose. And I appreciate whoever is doing it for me, with many thanks. Thirdly, I don't want to get any PNE/Playland/Office staff in trouble for favoring me with some extra masks, gratis.

So all that said....Happy Accident I am having,

with a lot of Beast masks, to send to friends in October!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something I forgot about, till today....

Happy Birthday, Ms. Bette Midler!

Stay healthy and happy. You are a New York Treasure, in your support of cleaning up neighborhoods' parks and play areas for children. Inspiring!

BirthdayTiara.jpg.4eb68abfab0651564cfffb9472419093.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit of "happiness pie" on my end...

This is my last semester of college. I graduate with my structural engineering degree in May. I am currently looking at job opportunities all over the country! From Florida, to Virginia, to Massachusetts, to Texas, to Michigan. The list goes on!

I was born and raised in California and went to school in Utah. It's exciting to think about moving to a whole new state, preferable on the east coast, with a lot more theme parks nearby! Plus having a stable job that allows me the opportunities to travel around much more than I've been able to do while in college.

So yeah. It's not much, but I'm excited about what the future holds for me!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Got two very nice phone calls, earlier today...

The first one was from one of the main board members of our annual Vancouver Queer Film Fest, Out On Screen. They got my Holiday Donation and just wanted to thank me for my continued support. Which was nice to hear. They also got a kick out of the "Cats In Wigs" card I sent the cheque in, heh. Made them have a good laugh, and whoever opened it, photo-ed the card and sent it on to other board members. Cool!

The second call was from across Canada, in Toronto, from someone with The ArQuives, which is our national LGBQT2+ archives and history place. I sent them a cheque in the New Year, so this was another call thanking me. We ended up chatting about a lot of Vancouver queer history stuff, including my and David's involvement with (original) Gay Radio (1978) in the city, and we were two of the original Board Members for our just-formed Community Centre  in1980 ... and other things David and I have both been involved, together and separately. From the mid-1970s to the late 1990's.

They were both lovely phone calls. Made my whole day, today. 🌈

• Like 4