TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

I won free concert tickets to see one of my favorite bands, Larry and His Flask, play a show with polk(my abbreviation for Folk Punk music) combined. It was honestly awesome... I logged onto facebook and the status said "next five people to comment on this get free tickets to tomorrow nights show" and I noticed it was posted thirty seconds ago and I was the fifth and final person! I love indie radio stations though... Complete Control Radio is on Star 98.7 on Saturdays from 10 to midnight and I don't think a lot of people think the two are seperate so less than 2000 people like them on facebook! Very happy right now!

I cannot believe this really happened to me.

Just over two months since having gone completely digital I was asked for the permission to have one of my photographs used for a book cover.

-Flyingscooter aka Mark William Darus.

Robb and admins: This is not a plug for anything. All i want to do is share my good news with everyone.

I think I may just have a girlfriend... we at least have a date which I know usually means nothing, but our circumstance is a bit different. She lives in San Francisco and I live near LA but she comes here relatively often to go to Disneyland... which is sort of how we met through Micechat. We have been talking a lot and it looks like I finally get to go to the city of San Francisco for something school related. I know we are just starting out but I actually feel a connection... our conversations have been amazing and we are interested in very similar things. I will post back here if it works out but I am VERY happy right now... dates are few and far between for me and like I said... I feel a connection with her I have not felt with other girls.

Soooooo happy!!! I sent Gaga a message thanking her for following me on twitter, hoping but not expecting a response. The response I got was "Anytime babe! Stay strong! Xoxo" OMG. I about hit the floor! So happy I could die!!

~Matt

I'm not even a fan of hers, but damn...that's pretty chill of her to do. Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

So it's the night before Halloween! I am going to be on a college campus and it is apparently free Locos Tacos(Doritos tacos) day and knowing my usual party state of mind I will probably want one! I also am going to drink and carve pumpkins with my sisters... seems like a sketch combo but I won't have too much... I swear! I have been getting over someone recently and it has gotten me down for the last few weeks but I finally feel "good" and I am ready to party my ass off for my first major college "party holiday."

I better see some people from the great state of Colorado posting here in the next few hours! Congratulations guys even though I can't say I am not a little jealous. Oh well, I toast my lighter to you and to the idea of having it become legal in California... even though it is already sort of legal in California.

Also congratulations to Obama... I would have preferred Gary Johnson, but out of the "big two" I would prefer Obama over Romney any day.

Gojira and the Devin Townsend Project are coming to Sacramento in January!

After being super disappointed to miss Devin in San Francisco earlier this year with three other bands I really don't care for, this just made my day to find out about. I just recently started listening to Gojira, but I'm loving them, seeing them live and being able to buy a couple albums at the show will be awesome.