TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

We are renovating the house, and we came upon a container loaded with really old pictures. As we went through them, we found two pictures of me on roller coasters I never knew I rode, including one taken when I was three years old! So cool to know that I've been rocking roller coasters even before I got into them! Even better to get my count two points closer to the 200 credit mark.

^Don't you just LOVE that? I was so stoked to find pictures of me riding my first roller coaster (even though I already knew I had the credit). I just wish I could find more of me on carousels (unfortunately the ones I remember best anyway are the only ones I've found photos of) and some at local carnivals.

I got A's and B's on all my finals for the third quarter, including an 8- on my AP English 11 essay!

That 8- is the highest grade I've gotten on any piece of writing in this class, and was the highest grade among my classmates for this essay. For those not familiar with the AP scale, a 9 is the highest score one can achieve; an 8 or 9 is absolutely COVETED.

So yeah, I feel pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I can just ***BARELY*** see Marineland's S&S Drop tower from my favorite place to study in my college. (I'm at University at Buffalo, and my favorite place to study is at the top of one of the 130 foot pharmacy buildings.) I mapped out the general area of where to look via Google Earth, I just need to borrow my roommate's binoculars to be absolutely sure which of the teeny tiny blips in the flat tree line is Sky Screamer.

I got A's and B's on all my finals for the third quarter, including an 8- on my AP English 11 essay!

That 8- is the highest grade I've gotten on any piece of writing in this class, and was the highest grade among my classmates for this essay. For those not familiar with the AP scale, a 9 is the highest score one can achieve; an 8 or 9 is absolutely COVETED.

So yeah, I feel pretty good.

Congrats! I took AP English Comp. in 11th grade and I know how hard those essays can be! An 8- is spectacular!!

You'd better take the exam. If you're getting an 8 on your practice essays, that's a good sign you'll do well on the exam! Good luck!