TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How did you spend "The Rapture?"

I started off in TPR chat, where I saw and heard some things I may have preferred not to, but still had a good time.

Isn't that pretty much all TPR chats though?

Oh, totally! That's what keeps me coming back (but not too often).

I ended up in a heated online discussion with a fellow coaster enthusiast.

"Heated" as in "OMG, baby, you're so hot!" or "heated" as in "OMFG I hate you so much I want to you burn at the stake!!!"

Both.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Red Bull Soap Box Derby in Downtown Los Angeles. It was awesome.

Then, to guarantee that I will not be floating away from this awesome planet, I made sure I was at Long Beach Lesbian & Gay Pride Festival with my boyfriend at 6pm, just in case

Afterward, we finished the night off at the Yard House.

Soap Box wipe outs, almost naked go go boys, and the worlds largest selection of mediocre beer. A good day indeed

Oh, and we did this ALL on public transit. Eat that, "I hate LA'ers!"

So let's see, in order of beginning to end:

I started off the day in TPR chat where I viewed two very disturbing photographs that will leave me having nightmares for at least a week

Mowed a yard

Whored out a kiddie coaster

Completed a PTR

Ended the day in a heated online discussion with a fellow coaster enthusiast

Edited by chadster

I slept through the Rapture. I was hoping I didn't wake up dead. I did have a crazy dream where I was at an amusement park. I then proceeded to go over my friends house and celebrate my being alive.

I was sitting with my friends speculating as to whether the witness protection program would accept doomsday prophets who are scared of having the cr@p beaten out of them by people who found out he was a fraud.

I spent my day like I did any other day: Go to work, come home, throw a yo-yo around, play a video game, eat, sleep...and laugh at the self proclaimed experts and their followers. I don't want to really bring religion into this or push my beliefs but there was a line from the Bible saying that no man shall know the day or the hour...apparently, this guy "knew" the exact hour...6:00PM.

Really, I think I probably should have just watched Jurassic Park mainly for the Raptors. Raptor, Rapture, they both sound and look alike, word-wise. Instead, I messed with one of my yo-yos that is called a "Duncan Raptor."

Was sending replies as rapidly as I could for the Post Rapture Raves and Parties that I was invited to. Was in Macon, GA so was hoping to see ALOT of just clothing on the ground with all of the Bible belt people.

Was terribly dissappointed with the whole thing...I was hoping to loot and party and ended up in meetings all day.

Started the morning out being chased by my kids spraying me with the water hose. Proceeded to go to our community theatre and help install chairs. Well, I didn't do any installation (manual labor? no thanks!), I just changed out the number plates. Fun stuff. Then we had a theatre meeting that afternoon. Got some food. Went home and put the kids to bed and had a few drinks with friends in the backyard. Then I spent the rest of the night listening to my husband puking from having one too many drinks with friends. All in all a pretty good day.

I was in a basement, tearing down a drum kit, installing new heads, retuning the whole thing, cleaning it up, and setting it all back up again. I figured the basement was the safest place to be.

And I had beer.

I went shopping and the gym and was back home by 5:30pm. I placed an order for some BBQ and got it after 6pm. The cooks must have gotten raptured because they they ascended before they put the sauce on the meat. So I went back the next day and got some sauce so i could actually enjoy my meal.

This guy is not giving up! Looks like there will be more rapture parties to come.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_apocalypse_saturday

OAKLAND, Calif. – As crestfallen followers of a California preacher who foresaw the world's end strained to find meaning in their lives, Harold Camping revised his apocalyptic prophecy Monday, saying he was off by five months because the Earth actually will be obliterated on Oct. 21.