TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sindibad Morocco by Walibi [2013]

€ 225.000.000 voor nieuw Walibi-park

In 2013 opent in Marokko het vijfde Walibi-pretpark de deuren. Het nieuwe Walibi-park zal openen in Cassablanca, op de site van het in 2008 gesloten Sindibad. De pretparkgroep ‘Compagnie Des Alpes’, die ondermeer eigenaar is van de Walibi-parken en Parc Astérix, pompt samen met vier andere investeerders maarliefst 225 miljoen euro in het project. Het 70ha grote Walibi Marokko wordt een heus resort en zal naast het attractiepark ook een hotel, dierenpark en museum tellen. Compagnie Des Alpes zal zeker 25 jaar lang instaan voor de exploitatie van het nieuwe park, de merknaam ‘Walibi’ zit alvast voor zeker 20 jaar vast aan het nieuwe pretpark.

Source: WalibiFans.be

English:

In 2013, the 5th Walibi Park opens in Morocco. The new Walibi Park will be in in Casablanca, the largest city in Morocco. Compagnie des Alpes and 4 other investors invest 225 million euros in the new park. "Walibi Marokko" will be a real resort and provides next to the park, a hotel, museum and zoo. The park will be 70 hectares big.

Edited by xRene1993x

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a market for this? Judging from the park index there are no parks in Marokko, but this could be because people havent been there... at least for parks. The only other real theme ark I can think of in Africa is Gold Reef City, which actually looks pretty awesome, but for most all photos I have seen it always appears at least somewhat dead. This is a seemingly weird idea though... I have never heard of or contemplated vacationing in Morocco... is it a tourist spot?

Good news! I hope the park will actually be built.

Yeah, Morocco is a huge tourist destination for Europeans. Especially the French and Spanish go there a lot, but also many tourists from the other European countries. Also, I bet the locals will want to visit the park, too.

Are you FREAKIN kidding me?? They should invest in their current parks! Walibi Belgium hasn't had a new coaster since 2001 (Vertigo doesn't count, it was demolished after what, one day of operations?), two of the four "thrill coasters" at WB are SBNO, a whole bunch of flatrides got removed, and what do we get after all these years? New characters, fml.

The only thrill rides at WB atm are a vekome woody, an SLC and a drop tower. That's It!

Are you FREAKIN kidding me?? They should invest in their current parks! Walibi Belgium hasn't had a new coaster since 2001 (Vertigo doesn't count, it was demolished after what, one day of operations?), two of the four "thrill coasters" at WB are SBNO, a whole bunch of flatrides got removed, and what do we get after all these years? New characters, fml.

The only thrill rides at WB atm are a vekome woody, an SLC and a drop tower. That's It!

I agree. It seems odd to make a gigantic investment in a new park when they refuse to reinvest in and properly maintain what they already have. I am very happy that they're rehabbing Turbine, but in general the Walibi parks seem very neglected. While other European parks are steadily adding rides and attractions, they're ripping them out or leaving them to rot. I remember the grounds at the Belgian and Dutch Walibi parks being good condition. The rides, not so much.

Though I guess a Walibi caliber park would be a welcome addition for a country like Morocco.