TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont kno if this is a closing for good sign or not...but they did take the Batman out of the park, and they are relocating it to another park (as far as I kno [i read something about it I think]). But in my opinion since Batman was so high off the ground and it was probably the most salvegable ride at SFNO after Katrina, and they had intentions of reopening the park, why would they have took one of the most salvegable rides out of the park??? Its kinda contradictory. It just seems that they woulda kept Batman and gotten rid of the non-salvegable rides. See what I mean. And anyways from what I have read and heard all the flat rides are waste now anyways b/c of the flooding.

I dont kno if this is a closing for good sign or not...but they did take the Batman out of the park, and they are relocating it to another park (as far as I kno [i read something about it I think]). But in my opinion since Batman was so high off the ground and it was probably the most salvegable ride at SFNO after Katrina, and they had intentions of reopening the park, why would they have took one of the most salvegable rides out of the park??? Its kinda contradictory. It just seems that they woulda kept Batman and gotten rid of the non-salvegable rides. See what I mean. And anyways from what I have read and heard all the flat rides are waste now anyways b/c of the flooding.

Drumline, please read our posting rules before you post again, thanks:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21962

--Robb

Sorry about that Robb...wont let it happen again!!!

I agree with you RollerC since MegaZeph's frame is steel the wooden parts wouldnt cost too much to replace! But then again you would have to consider rusting on he steel and it having to be repainted too.

But if there is no considerable paint damage it wouldnt be too bad to repaint it!

I know the park has a slim chance of reopening or becoming a waterpark but I'm a little confused as to how people are saying that the city couldn't support it/another park. I know it wasn't doing well to begin with but some of the other tourist attractions in the city have bounced back without any problems since the storm... I think if the park wasn't damaged as badly as it was, it would be supported at least decently by the public.

^^The reason people are saying that is because when you go to New Orleans you go to the French Quarter, you have a coffee and beignet at Cafe du Monde, you get wasted on Bourbon Street. Tourists which support most of that city do not go to Six Flags!!!

Tourists which support most of that city do not go to Six Flags!!!

The city is so screwed up and will be for a long time. No one in their right mind would try to bring a park back here. Only half the population has come back. I could write a whole list of whats wrong and why it will never be right but i don't feel like it.

Although

The reason outsiders think the city is back is because Downtown and Historical French Quarter were basically the only areas not ravaged by the storm and flood. Of course thats where most all our tourism is and it is doing well these days.

For residence and the rest of the city is just a huge mess.

Probably always will be.

New Orleans could have benefitted from this disaster and come back way better than it ever was. I think that chance has passed.

New Orleans is pathetic.

This comming from someone born and raised here.

New Orleans should stay a small/medium sized town much like St. Augustine just for historical purposes. I don't expect New Orleans to go back to being the big city it once was.

New Orleans doesn't need a major theme park, if people want a day of fun, they can drive up to Baton Rouge and go to Dixie Landin' or to Kemah in Texas.

It was unrealistic to ever think New Orleans tourists were ever going to support the park. However, they had great success gaining 1-2 day trip tourists from Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida. In fact, sometimes I think those type of people were supporting the park better than locals. A park like that just cannot be a tourist destination especially for a city like New Orleans. Many people also forget though that New Orleans is a big convention town. Although convention season typically starts when the park is winding down for the offseason, that didn't stop them from doing park buyouts and events typically November-December. The not so harsh weather down here also helped that out. Many of you are just dismissing the park was destined to fail without the hurricane even hitting, but I don't think you all really know what you're talking about. It's the hurricane that did it in and the fact that it wasn't the best performing park in the chain.

IMO the park was still too small. It was new and there wasnt a single ride there that wasnt at any other SF park to make me wanna even stop there passing through. All parks are destination places if they have enough attractions and not the leftovers from other parks. SFNO was a sorry tired park like SF Astroworld. Each year SF had the park I was hoping that something was added that would make me wanna drive down for a weekend, but nothing was ever added worth driving to even if i lived there.

Come on. It's not like the south central region is booming with parks. We have Dixie Landin in LA, Kemah Boardwalk in TX, and Waterville USA in AL. No more Miracle Strip, no More Astroworld, no more SFNO. The region from Florida to Texas is pretty coaster starved and almost anything is an improvement. In fact, there are probably even less things to do (in general for recreation) thanks to the 2004 and 2005 hurricane seasons devastating the Gulf coast.

I think the park will come back just not as SF maybe as a privately owned park or something. SF would be stupid for coming back this long after the storm. They will just be spending money on a park with money that would be put to use for a short period of time. I still think that the park would bring in tourism because the only other kidfriendly and teenfrendly attractions are city park, audubon park, Lakeside Shopping Centre, Oakwood Mall, Elplanade mall, Clearview Mall and movie theatre, and other places such as Laser Tag and Paintball Planet. These are places that are fun for a short period. The park would be better as another city park and not a big corporation arena. The park would only bring in tourism for people who have young kids or teens who have no clue what to do. Other than that, the park would only be another place for us New Orleanians who would rather than go to a theme park than the other places where fights break out and crime exists.

Six Flags New Orleans can't return even if they wanted to. The rides are much too damaged and so the cost of fixing up the rides would be way to much. If they did fix up the park, then it would be very hard to get their money back because of the lack of money the company profitted on. The SFI would be retarted to rebuild here in New Orleans

• 3 months later...