TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amusement Park Commercials

What are everyone's favorite amusement park commercials?

Also, does anyone else find it really annoying when a park has a commercial then puts a picture/video of a coaster not at that park in the commercial? I see it all the time with Dorney Park around here.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No in one of the old Kings Island commerical's. The year when Top Gun open,it had the some parts on the commerical of Batman that went upside down. An Arrow Swinger can't go upside down. I know Paramount owned Kings Island at the time and Arrow is out of buisness. Although the commerical made it look like it was an coaster that went upside down and it doesn't,but god that just makes me mad.

As of this year, I always found this a bit awkward and now incorrect:

This is the header from the email marketing CGA does...so I'd qualify this as 'commercial' material.

As far as parks using footage from other parks, I'm sure this is a common practice to reduce costs of filming everything from every park...so if another Cedar Fair park has a B&M invert, may as well use 1 invert, show the corkscrew or something like that.

Cedar fair seems to basically use the same footage for every park's ads. Then they just change the voice over and stats, such as "eight roller coasters" and "Over 75 rides and attractions." I find it annoying because at Valleyfair people ask where the "red coaster that hangs below the tracks and seats four-across" (silver bullet) is that they saw in the commercial.

As much as I hate it, I'm sure it saves them a crapton of money. Plus I'd rather they make/save a buck that way than do the coaster train ad wraps.

• 1 month later...
Also, does anyone else find it really annoying when a park has a commercial then puts a picture/video of a coaster not at that park in the commercial? I see it all the time with Dorney Park around here.

The Six Flags parks are notorious for using video footage of an attraction that doesn't even exist at a particular park.

The Six Flags parks are notorious for using video footage of an attraction that doesn't even exist at a particular park.

Actually, the newer Six Flags commercial are more regional featuring mainly rides from the park in that area. There a lot better than the break dancing Cedar Fair commercials

The other day I was talking to one of my supervisors and we went onto the topic of theme park brochures. He told me about Sesame Place and how much the park has changed. I went online and did a quick search of what the park looked like in the 80s and couldn't really find much footage.

Then I found this ...

This is basically news footage of Sesame Place's grand opening along with two commercials.

It looked like the park was mainly just a large playground with a building where they'd host computer games. The water slides seem to have been added later.

I also managed to find a bit of info about the Sesame Place theme park in Texas, which closed in the mid-80s because of competition from the surrounding theme parks. That park has long been demolished and it's now a Wal-Mart Supercenter.

EDIT: I can't get the video to embed into the site so I'll just post a link.

This is a Cedar Point commercial, with Silver Bullet and GhostRider snuck into it. If you watch this in YT, you will see that comments have been disabled. It wasn't always like this. Over a year ago, I made a comment asking why Talon was in a Cedar Point commercial. I found out shortly after that I was wrong, and the coaster was actually Silver Bullet. However, my comment still got the most thumbs up. I asserted many times that I was wrong, and most people were understanding. However, I saw people insisting Silver Bullet was Raptor, Iron Dragon, etc.

This began an argument, which is probably why the comments have been disabled.

I would say my favorite commercials are for Marineland. They've had the same jingle for as long as I can remember and it's catchy.

The classic commercial that I believe is still on the air:

Their slightly more modern Sky Screamer commercial:

What are everyone's favorite amusement park commercials?

I only really see Six Flags commercials here because SFDK is the closest park and occasionally I'll see SFMM commercials if I travel further south.

It really really REALLY bugs me when they show East Coast Medusa (which isn't even Medusa anymore! It's Bizarro!) in the commercials for SFDK. I actually prefer Medusa at SFDK to the [former] East Coast Medusa. SFDK's Medusa is a really great ride and there has to be SOMEWHERE that they can take a decent video of it. Why do they need to use the old SFGAdv videos in their commercials? >_>

But IDK if I've ever seen a Six Flags commercial for a park that DIDN'T use other coasters in their video. It's like they take a few videos of coasters, and then just put them in the commercials even if those coasters aren't in the park their advertising!

Nevertheless, I really like the videos of Shouka they have. I'm well-acquainted with the whale stadium and with Shouka in general. I would probably notice if they used old videos of Vigga, but I've never seen one.