• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Etnaland.thumb.jpg.5d7afffd63bd5e05752546ae5ea639a5.jpg

Etnaland Facebook Page presents some new photos:

01.jpg.2b48b61f830bff0629f1bf8c09550fc6.jpg

Seems they finish the building process...

02.jpg.d6313e640b5fb2c207441f1ee756c899.jpg

time for Testruns on "STORM"

and they show us the next coaster project (a S&S Mine Train says RCDB.com):

649870671_MineTrain01.jpg.032e9f4b3d2ce8a0b1b50d10f30be69b.jpg

552260806_MIneTrain02.jpg.0870667a0f1344950ca5299a5d6c2d2e.jpg

1815038994_MineTrain03.jpg.a47b9bdc88058b25beaf99d52c5a3a59.jpg

I find some rumors about an "Haunted School" Darkride by Gosetto (on "THEPARKS.it" homepage):

La ditta Gosetto ha fornito alcune informazioni sul dark ride di Etnaland prevista per il 2012.

http://www.gosetto.com/#/NEWS

Schools out for summer? Not at Etnaland. The Italian theme park on the isle of Sicily is to open a new dark ride themed around a haunted school.

The interactive attraction, supplied by Gosetto, will feature eight classroom scenes, each dedicated to a different academic subject. Riders must answer exam questions to accumulate points during the ride. But before they start riders will have the chance to quell any pre-exam “nerves” by visiting the bathroom!

Gosetto will not only provide the ride system but also the theming throughout the attraction. Twelve 4-seater rotating ride vehicles will be used, themed as school desks. Construction is due to be made on site soon following test runs at the Gosetto factory in the north of Italy

The theme will be a school populated with 8 scenes

HD1.jpg.c727c230d156a68cb505ad043acc0c15.jpg

hd2.jpg.14bb5d241277d3d4f1d90865ffc1527a.jpg

hd3.jpg.c447ebc41cae3fa608440f933bb7d951.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've always defended Mack in the "Mack ripped of Intamin with their Launch coaster" debate. But this time I think it's a bit to obvious. A very similar design, and even the same amount of cars on the train! (who looks gorgeous by the way).

602564_10150950504203751_679749431_n.jpg

It`s really OBVIOUS that someone took a look at the Intamin Megalites...but maybe it was the Park asking for that kind of Layout ?

Anyway...I think the price was not the reasons for choosing Mack as mack is more of a high end fabricate AFAIK...it`s no Vekoma, guys

This mixture of basically a megalite-layout plus inversion plus the comfort of those AWESOME (!) mack trains...nothing wrong about it

This really looks like fun! It is certainly no Intamin, though,even though it looks exactly like an Intamin.

All I can say, though is poor Intamin! They came up with the wing rider first, only for B&M to come up with it later, and sell more. Now, they have the launch coasters and mega-lites, of which I believe Mack is ripping off.

One thing I have noticed is how companies with noteriety for being unreliable tend to be the more innovative companies, like Vekoma and Intamin, while reliable companies tend to wait for other companies to come up with ideas, only to just build on them? However, since this is the way engineering improves, I guess there isn't anything too negative about this. Yet, I do believe this is something that should be considered.

Storm looks like it will be a cool and awesome ride by looking at that video. Congratulations to Mack and Etnaland for putting together this cool ride. Although it definety dose look like Mack and Entaland looked at Intamin Megalites. Hopefully we see more of theses and that they take off better then the Megalites (more then 4 and not all in Asia).