TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Etnaland, (Italy) to get Mack Mega Lite Coaster

I could not find this thread anywhere, sorry if it is already existing.

Anyways, here we go...

(5/4/11) According to the latest word at RollerCoasterRevolution, Etnaland is said to have confirmed that a Mega Light Coaster from Mack is in development.

Source: http://screamscape.com/html/small_international_parks.htm#Etnaland'

Etnaland's website: http://www.etnaland.eu/

Mack's Mega Coaster: http://www.mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/mega-coaster/c-mc-info/index.html

- I assume that this one will be without inversions!

So, this is Mack's take on a Mega Lite! Should be very interresting how this turns out!

All i know is that it's gonna use the same trains as the ones at Blue Fire (Europa Park, Germany)

Edited by ernierocker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, they're building this in Sicily! I can only imagine how messed up that water park is. Sicily is on my short list of places to visit. So, I'll definitely get out to see this place if this coaster gets built.

I've not been on a Mega Lite but from what I have heard they are awesome...

I have been on blue fire Megacoaster and it is pretty much joint first for me along with Nemesis, because of its restraints and an amazing feeling you get launched and inverted with them. I have no doubt this will be incredible.

Edited by RollerCoasterSmi

Mega-lite is just Intamin's way of saying Mega Coaster below 200 ft.

Blue Fire's official ride name is Blue Fire Megacoaster, so Mack is probably referring to Blue Fire on it's website. I DO agree that it gets confusing at times though, especially when two other companies classify Mega coasters as coasters 200 ft +.

So would we consider Manta at SWSD a Mega light if Blue Fire is a mega?

Technically yes if we're going by Mack's description... I'd probably classify it as a family launch coaster like Pony Express or Italian Job.

• 6 months later...

I've heard so many things about this: I have heard it will be launched, yet I have also heard it won't be launched. I have heard it will have one inversion, yet I have also heard it will have no inversions.

It seems TPR is going for the no launched, no inversion theory. Whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it will be a good coaster.

I've heard so many things about this: I have heard it will be launched, yet I have also heard it won't be launched. I have heard it will have one inversion, yet I have also heard it will have no inversions.

It seems TPR is going for the no launched, no inversion theory. Whatever it turns out to be I'm sure it will be a good coaster.

In the Mack part of Robb's IAAPA video's the guy from Mack confirms it will be a gravity coaster, and that it will open summer 2013. As it is the parks first coaster I'm expecting it to have no inversions, but I also read somewhere that one barrel roll was to expect.

I'll wait to see how this turns out but I'm not sure I would call this a Mega Lite just yet. th

That's what I thought as well, seems like the Mega Lite name is just something all fans have made up for it, and does not come from the park themselves or Mack.

• 4 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the grave. Screamscape has a bit to say on the matter:

2013 - Mack Launched Coaster - Rumor - (4/6/12) New details about the Mack coaster coming to Etnaland can be found at ParksMania this week, including the layout of the ride. It will be 800 meters long, 32 meters tall and feature a 70 degree first drop. The coaster has been named The Storm, and is expected to be ready for the 2013 season.

Layout:

If you ask me, that looks like the best placement of an inversion that I can think of for this type of ride: Right at the end where nobody would expect it!

Whoa! That looks awesome!

So it really is pretty much a Mack version of an Intamin Mega-Lite. That's what I had imagined. I wonder how it compares price-wise to an Intamin Mega-Lite.

*Edit: On closer inspection I see there is a barrel roll in there right at the end. Sweet.

Good to see they have kept the best part of Bluefire (last inversion). BF is not really thrilling but I was really surprised at the pure FUN it delivers. I'm sure we can expect excellent coasters from Mack if they decide to go the intense way

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...