TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you love that everyone else hates?

I think people underrate Silver Bullet at KBF. I've been on Raptor at CP and Batman at SFMM just for reference. I like Silver Bullet the best. Raptor's transitions aren't quite as smooth and Batman is over with so quickly it's hard to judge. Silver Bullet is smooth and at a length where it's not too long and at the same time not too short. Excellent ride!

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Lochness Monster catch a fair bit of flak but I personally loved the ride for it's quirkiness and for the little pops of airtime that are present throughout the ride, especially in the second to last row.

KD's Grizzly was another coaster that I found to be quite enjoyable, especially at night, even though it doesn't seem too loved.

Along the same lines I think that Legend deserves more than it gets despite its airtime shortage.

I also must say that I love Silver Bullet at Knott's Berry Farm. The ride is not very intense but is a really fun ride overall. I always hear people saying how much better Batman at SFMM is but going on both a few times a year I have always felt that Silver Bullet is the better ride. I also think Silver Bullet is cool because of it's rare overbank on an invert (may be the only one) and it's helix over water.

Call me crazy, the original rattler and Texas Giant! The rattler was just so scenic and beautiful and had all the escence of a classic would coaster built onto a quarry wall. I'm excited for the iron rattler, but I will miss the old one. As for the Texas giant, NTAG is incredible, but the old Texas giant was great. It was a tad jerky but that's what wood coasters do, and the layout was great.

For steel coasters, i'm fine with going on an SLC...i'll even ride it 2-3 times a day depending on the coaster lineup. Maybe 5'4" is the perfect height for SLC's?

Boomerang's - Fun ride and I don't mind a little shake. CW's is better than LR's and DL's

For wooden ones, its just rough coasters that I seemed to like for some reason

Mean Streak - Bad Ass Layout and drops (please don't ban me) and only a little shake after the re tracking

Predator - Not bad, ok airtime and even less shake than mean streak

Mighty Canadian Minebuster - Very very underrated ride, like Hurler and Magnum XL-200

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have to go with Mantis. I rode it last month, and it was my first stand up. I was very nervous since I have heard so many bad things about it, but I really enjoyed it. I didn't have any problems with my man area, and minimal head banging.

We also got stopped on the mid course brakes for about 15 min on my last ride. Not sure why, but we had a good laugh about it, and made the best of it. We waved to the people on the train as they passed through Boneville below. Many of them waved back too, it was fun!

I really enjoy Ghostrider; however, I can see why people complain about it since from what I hear, it used to be a lot better. I first rode it in 2008.

On the contrary, everyone seems to enjoy Blue Streak (CP) and I had terrible rides on that thing both times I went on it.

Iron Wolf for sure, when it was announced it was being removed I remember a lot of people saying good it hurt me blah blah blah. I personally found it to be a pretty smooth ride, then again it might have been because i'm young and spry.

Also Demon from the same SFGAm it was my first looping experience so it has a close bond with me. It still one of my favorites not as much for the ride but the scenery around it. A lot of cool tunnels and rock structures, plus it has it's own theme song (even thought it's not played much anymore). I know that it will be on the chopping block if SFGAm looks to build a newer coaster, but i'm having hope that if in the future the decide they want to build a premier launch, that they will use the former structures of the Demon, maybe even called it the same name.

My favorite coaster is Millennium Force, and while it does get ranked well in polls and some other enthusiasts like it, I think there's definitely a good portion of us that don't. It's not as intense as some newer Intamins but it's so smooth and has an amazing view.

Wing coasters are another type of coaster only I seem to like. I rode Wild Eagle and GateKeeper, and both of them are in my top ten. Wing coasters aren't forceful, I get it. I just love being out on the wing and exposed while flying through the air like that. Only complaint I have about them is the restraint stapling in Wild Eagle's back left seat and GateKeeper's infamous camelback hill. Other than that, both rides (specifically GK) are amazing!

I have two: King's Dominion's Shockwave and Grizzly. I thought those were some of the best rides in the park, and Grizzly is #6 on my wooden coaster list, short to Voyage, CP's Blue Streak, Cornball Express, Kennywood's Thunderbolt, and HW's Legend.

Le Monstre at La Ronde is my #3 wooden. It rates terribly bad at Mitch's, but I really enjoy it. I love the layout, the second drop is CRAZY (especially on track 1) and I don't find it very rough, compared to what others said about it. Of course it isn't forcdful and aitime packed, but I still love it !

Also my only two rides on Mean Streak were not that bad. I think I can explain that by : 1) I was on the first and the second row on the two rides, and 2) I had read so much stuff about it beeing a terrible ride I had very low expectations about it. So when I rode it I was like "hey, it's not a top 10, but it's not THAT bad !"

EDIT : just thinked about it, although it doesn't seem hated, I don't think most peoples like Intamin/giovanola bobsleds. I've been on the Alpine Bobsled @ The Great Escape a lot and I enjoy it !

Edited by booink

I like Mean Streak but it seems to have a bad rap amongst woodie lovers

Me too! I love Mean Streak! Especially after Hades 360

I wouldn't say I liked it per say, but it wasn't AS bad as people say it is. Kings Island's Racer in the back is more painful than Mean Streak, and Son of Beast was even worse. I had fun when I rode it.

Wood: Grizzly at CGA. That ride is actually my first or second favorite wooden coaster (with Colossus @ SFMM). If nothing else, it's very re-rideable.

Steel: Some people don't really like Tatsu at Magic Mountain, but it's currently my favorite coaster out there. I'll probably enjoy other B&M flyers, too.

The American Eagle at SFGAM I don't get it what's the whole it's uncomfortably rough argument coming from i think it has a great feel to it a really sweet vibration at the bottom of the first drop and fun shaking in the big helix.The nice floater over the whole first drop and the two hills to follow, not to mention the ejector air at the exit to the Super helix fantastic. Maybe I'm just crazy i couldn't get enough of it the last time I was there I rode the AE 6 times that's with going all the way back to the entrance and then back to the station which is a hike!

The Demon also at SFGAM okay this could be a bad ride for kids or really tall or odd body dimension people, but for me all that I need to do to ensure a fun ride is brace in the corkscrew entrance which is pretty terrible to be frank. But I don't care about that the ride is a great change from the lightning fast loops on Batman and the awesome theme song, rocks, tunnels, and train paint jobs just make the ride special. The last time at SFGAM I managed 5 total rides all in the black train across the day with a wait no longer then 5 minutes.

image.thumb.jpg.79d842f94cd510a8cc03eb6a7cebaa9e.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.052fefe0c982902f5f490fa394aeecd7.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.becc643961d0f550c9d3b2d61c06a1a8.jpg

This was so close to being a good shot if only I wasn't being blinded.

image.jpg.e760a342575670262fb3923068f3a0bf.jpg

image.jpg.7c8738d60751377837ed2cb21fd7761c.jpg