TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you love that everyone else hates?

^Well, even though WDW's TM is a mirror image, it seems to run a good deal slower. However, I did ride Disneyland's last week, and I will say it was running GREAT! It was probably the best ride in the park that day; usually I prefer SM and Matterhorn, but BTMR was really hauling A$$.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as steel coasters, I still like my Boomerangs. The first drop still gets my stomach every time.

I agree! That hang time when it releases from the catch is great - I love that feeling! Can't wait to try the one's at Hershey and Carowinds with the new restraints. I only remember getting head-banged on one and that was the one at Geauga Lake (now at Carowinds).

I'm also a fan of the Georgia Cyclone! It is rough, but AWESOME airtime. Rode it a couple of weeks ago and it had actually improved on the rough factor.

Ninja at SFoG - rode in the GASM train relocated from New Jersey. AWESOME! You can still feel the whole structure rocking around, but it was actually re-ridable.

Disaster Transport - I don't get the hate. I had a BLAST on this and laughed my butt off during the entire ride.

Thunderhawk at Dorney Park. Violent ejector airtime FTW!

I forgot about Thunderhawk...I have only ridden it twice in the front seat and loved the air I got on it!

Count me in as one of the rare people that likes this coaster!

Everytime I go to SFGAdv, as we make our way through the carnival plaza, I have to - HAVE TO - ride Superman. But no one in my group ever does! I don't know if it is because it is a short ride, or what... When we went to Orlando, everyone ran on Manta! No love for Superman...

The Beast is a coaster that kinda fits in this category for me. I find that the Beast is a ride that a lot of people really hate because so many people really like it, it probably has more love/hate critics than any other coaster out there. For that reason Ill consider the Beast a coaster I love that I know a lot of people hate (or atleast don't really care about all that much).

I used to like Windjammer before they took it down because if I remember correctly it was either that or Revolution that was my first looping coaster. Also, this is not a commonly hated one but I love it so... my favorite coaster at disneyland is the matterhorn. Its rough as hell, but the violence of the ride makes it oh so fun! Once it was raining so I rode with my hood over my eyes for fun... one of the craziest experiences I've ever had on a coaster.

My list...

1.) TwoFace (Invertigo) from SFA. I heard people bitching, moaning, crying and wailing about this ride everywhere- and not once did I have a bad ride on it- in any seat. Smooth, fast, thrilling, nice PozGs at the base of the loop. A great ride all over, and it was sad when they plugged it.

2.) Vortex at GA/PGA/CGA/Parkinglotland: Again, a favorite of mine- smooth, fast, and with enough 'jump' to it to make it worthwhile- and for that matter, exciting to me. It's still one of my 'must do' in CGA/Parkinglotland's dwindling arsenal.

3.) Batwing/Project Stealth (SFA and CGA/Parkinglotland again)- Would the haters please get a life here? Intense, great speed, grey-out Gz in the loop, and a funky ending to it make it a highlight ride for me. Too bad craptacular crapacity make these two dogs overall.

4.) Wildcat, HersheyPark (Pre-MilF trains)- I -LOVED- the Pissy Pussy with the old PTC trains on it- Rough, powerful, some nice slamming around, good rattling and a personality that's second to none made this my #1 wooden coaster. On a warm. wet day, those trains could make you REALLY feel every inch of the ride- and as much as the MilFs have made it more 'traditional', I miss the PTC cars. That was one ride where screaming "Who's your DADDY" made sense!

5.) While I'm on the subject: PTC CARS themselves: Quit yer bitchin, folks. They're good cars. And they are -light years- better than Morgan Rolling Stock. If you think PTC cars are bad, Go ride SDGD for a few minutes, then complain about a PTC coach.

R.D.

I have to say also QR, that Wildcat is my favorite woody, and certainly rivals tons of world class steel coasters. I don't remember riding on the old PTC's, but the Millenium Flyers really help the ride fit in with it's theme being an old Bobs style coaster set at the turn of the century.

I also have to say I enjoyed Mean Streak, a rough ride doesn't bother me at all, the more I'm moving, the better I like it.

And Boomerang coasters.. They don't bother me either, Hershey's is smooth in my eyes, obviously not the smoothest, but it's smooth enough to where you can actually enjoy the ride.

For me it was Villain...I had heard the horror stories about it's roughness, and although it was a bit in tbe back, that was fine...i was getting thrown around, and expierenced for the first time...standing air...Shame it's gone now, would like to see how it would have held up now.

The Hurlers before trims. Maybe horribly designed, but the curves were insane and the airtime sweet. KD Shockwave. All the Vekomas, especially the SLCs. All these are rides that when they run fast and rough, speed, energy and madness transcends roughness and they become worth it.

As for steel, I freaking love Lightwater Valley's "The Ultimate". Love, love, love. It's such a mind trip, the gentle trip out in the ungodly-long train, swooshing through the meadowlands. The string of caterpillar-like bunny hills leading to the second lift. The yards and yards of track that just sit on the ground and do pretty much nothing. The sheep grazing in the meadows surrounding the ride. The second lift hill that takes about 20 minutes to get to the top, and the insanely slow turn at the top of it with the odd fence covered in underwear. All of this nonsense and cheekiness is forgotten when that long train finally leaves the lift and drops into the woods for the trip home. My god, what a brutal, insane, poorly-designed, improperly-banked maelstrom of unpredictability that is! There is just nothing right about it and yet that's what I love most.

I'm glad I saw this and looked up a video, your description does it justice. Strange coaster with all the track right on the ground except the lifts, I wondered why this isn't done more often.