TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Osama Bin Laden killed by American forces

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to the American military. This is like finding a needle in a haystack. There are huge crowds gathering outside the White House gates.

It's a shame he managed to survive in the Pakistani military town all this while. I am sure there are more than a few in the Pakistan government helping him all this time.

With these developments, and an open position, I expect Hollywood to give us a reality show based on this.. call it "so you think you can run a terrorist organization?" (after all, we do have millions looking for employment), and I'd imagine more Americans would watch it than those who vote.

YAY! Now can we get back to fixing the economy?!?

'Merica.

But seriously, this isn't quite the end yet, but hopefully the beginning of the end. Who knows how much longer it'll take for this to play out - it could be a few years, or it could be a lot longer. But the most important thing is that this is a massive blow to the organization, and after 10 years we finally have justice served.

This is a great moment for the USA and the world.

Osama represented the extremest view, as someone who would never be caught (because he was hanging out in some underground cave) which turned out to be BS because he was actually hanging out in some awesome mansion. Anyhow, some US trained Navy Seals (Who don't hesitate) came calling and took out the murdered of countless US civilians.

The future looks bright, (eventhough someone will replace him), at least the victims of 9/11 can feel some comfort in the fact that he is DEAD!

These terrorist have taken a hit tonight, and 'watch out' because the United States has many more of these scum bags on their elimination list!!!

I feel happy for the victims of 9/11 and their families, as this must give them some slight comfort to know that he is dead......

but am I the only one that thinks things aren't going to get ANY better in the way of terrorism?

Bin Ladin was just the face and commander of Al Quieda, he will have had MANY close to him pretty much planning and commanding all the attacks and one of them will replace him and well......you can kinda bet on them not being happy about their "leader" being killed

On a more serious note.

Al Quadia is still out there, they could be plotting something sinister. Like a "revenge" tactic. They will eventually have a new leader and he will replace Osama Bin Laden.

However, even tho knowing that. Every time something happens in the country, the president takes credit.

Well if Busch can get two years for saying "we'll get him" then Obama will easily be re-elected.

I'm also kind of intrested in seeing what Fox is going to say. They are pretty funny with this kind of stuff.

On a more serious note.

Al Quadia is still out there, they could be plotting something sinister. Like a "revenge" tactic. They will eventually have a new leader and he will replace Osama Bin Laden.

True, but when you join Al Qaeda you pledge allegiance to Bin Ladin. He's the charismatic leader who united all the Al Qaeda "franchises" and provided moral and financial backing. Without him you severely weaken them.

WIll they still be around? Yes. Will there be attempts at revenge? Yes, but remember 9/11 was a massive intelligence failure under a different culture. I suspect we'll see an embassy bombing.

For what this is to hurting Al Qaeda it's a moral victory for our troops, economy, and civilians.

Edited by testtrack321

Who is this Al Quadia?

Seriously guys, not even spelling that right makes you look even less intelligent.

I'm reflective over the news. Not celebratory. I'm slightly disturbed by the celebrations, as we're no better than those that celebrated when the Towers fell.

C'mon USA, act like you've been in the end zone before.

I'm reflective over the news. Not celebratory. I'm slightly disturbed by the celebrations, as we're no better than those that celebrated when the Towers fell.

Same - although, having some distance being in the UK helps.