TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Elissa & KT Visit Legoland!

^A friend of mine, who liked Star Wars back in the 1970s, said that he rewatched the original flick last week and decided that it hadn't aged well at all. I just look on them as dumb fun.

I think Empire has aged better than the other two, but it has been a few years since I've seen any of the original Star Wars trilogy. The second trilogy is beyond awful, especially Attack of the Clones.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!! Someone else that doesn't know a damn thing about Star Wars and could care less! I love you Elissa! People always look at me retarded when I say I hate Star Wars and they call me a blasphemer. Sorry but Sci-Fi isn't for everyone.

Agreed!

I love Legoland. Great TR Elissa - KT is getting soo big.

Thanks for all the kind words. In regards to pricing I really don't think it's outrageous for what you get. Especially from a kids point of view.

Food prices are also MORE than reasonable. I was actually shocked that I got a Combo meal (Hot Dog, Large Fries, Medium Drink) for $8. Look up any Cedar Fair pricing and you'll see that's a steal!

We haven't been to Legoland since (I think) 2004/2005 ... going to go in a few months, looking forward to it.

Will be interesting to see what the kids think of the park now that they are past the target age. I'm thinking we'll spend more time in Miniland than we did when they were little.

Great TR!

I went back in 2006 for my 16th birthday, and had a blast. Then again, I still have all my old legos! haha

And SW is cool, but definitely not for everyone! Some people, like myself, like it for the books more than the movies

Nice trip report. I'm glad to see the things at Legoland are improving since my last visit. I visited several years back out of the blue with my family, and half the rides were under maintenance at the time, and the food prices were silly expensive.

On a really weird side-note, I've probably touched 5-15% of the bricks they used to build those displays. My Mom's got a store where she sells Legos brick by brick, and she's gotten quite a few purchases from the guys who build those displays. Now I'm not actually sure those bricks went into the development of the displays, but just to the display builders personal collection and what-not. But I do like to think that those pieces are in there! And I'll give them credit, the people who build those displays are incredibly talented Lego sculptures. I don't even think most of those displays were made by people who work at Lego, but that Lego hired the fans that were well known for making great displays.

I'm doing the Pendleton Mud-Run on the 11th so we will be there on the 12th.

Completely off topic... didn't know they still did mud runs. I grew up on El Toro and Tustin when they were still active bases, great memories of spraying off a muddy platoon of Marines in the garage.

Back on topic. I'm a Star Wars fan and the area is ok, but not great. I don't see that it brings much to the park really. However Star Wars Days at Legoland is one of the best events I've ever been to. Can't wait for that in June.

I love Legoland, its amazing and the food and even merchandise to me has great pricing. The one day admission is a bit high, but there are great deals throughout the year and if you are local and get the year round its not that bad. I do get tired of Legoland but only because we've been a million times over. Haven't been to the waterpark yet, but it looks really great for the age group its geared to. Every time we try and go it becomes a freakishly cold day and it looks like tomorrow is no exception... maybe a run to Belmont is in order instead.

Great report, glad you guys had a good time. Love my local park. I will sometimes grab lunch there and ride technic to clear my head before I go back to work a mile away.

I REALLY need to make it out to Legoland...... It's the only park in Cali I haven't been to.

Same. Although, I am not sure if I want to pay $80 for a few credits and a couple decent water slides. Maybe I'll go at another time.