TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dania Beach Hurricane Declares Bankruptcy

Can Mega-Zeph even be relocated at this point? I mean the tracking can be rebuilt...I'd like to see it happen, and slap some Timberliners on there...Shame about the Hurricane though...I haven't ridden it, but it looked like a fun coaster to say the least.

Thanks for the POV Robb, I noticed you posted it twice...

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you forget Uncle Bernie's???? .

LOL!

My dad and I drove to Uncle Bernie's to check it out. At night.

Easily one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

I may be stating the obvious, but how about Boomers take it over? I'm kind of gathering that Boomer's is run down a bit though. Is this even a possibility? It's right there and they have other rides too, correct? Do they own the land it sits on or lease it? Such a shame if we loose another woodie, one that seems to be fairly well regarded.

Absolutely breaks my heart... So glad I got to ride this sucker four times during my visit to "Hollywood" a couple years ago... and what a fun coaster it was... My partner and I were the ONLY ones on the coaster 3 of those 4 times... and the 4th time, it was only a mother and daughter riding along... so it truly is a wonder that it survived as "long" as it did... just wish there was some way it could be saved...

This is a BIG BIG LOSS for all of us. I'd see it from the airport each week, as I fly out for the week. I live here and only visited Boomers 1 time. I'm ashamed to admit that. I rode it that day 10 times and loved it every time! It was (and still is) my #9 in my top 10 of woodies. I hate hearing of a loss of wood in the morning. I was thinking of going this Sunday since my time in So. Cal is over and I need a "coaster fix."

Although we always wondering how they stayed in business since 99% of our rides on it over the year were just the 2 of us riding, it's a shame that it's finally happened. It was a great ride and I certainly hope that something can be done to save it.

Well, I'm glad I got the chance to ride it last Sept. and that I feel that I got my fill of it too. As I had previously worte here at TPR, I got to ride it nine times one night which included three rides in the front, middle and back. I must agree though that it is a little rough in some places and that I had the bruises to prove it from my legs hitting the inside of the car. But what a great location, right outside FT. Lauderdale and that it can be seen right off of 95. I hope it goes to a great company and stays in FL.

I had to stop at the Hurricane today, to pay my last respects. As I said in a previous post, it was my #9 Woodie. That's a pretty good Woodie for an old man like me! The "coaster god's" were even crying today when I arrived. It started to rain as I got out of my car to see first hand. The ride didn't have any of it's torn flags on it anymore, the gate was chained with no sign of life beyond it. They had a sign on the gate that said "temporarily down for maintenance. I spoke with the lady behind the counter (inside Boomers) and she said yes, it's closed and didn't know any more than we do right now. She said to periodically call to see it's status. At least that was something...

I hope I'm wrong but for now it looks like goodbye old friend...

^ (...& ^^^...) No monies. Probably something to do with the fact that no one is ever there riding it. At the very least, they need to sell a few rides every hour to pay the ride ops, not to mention maintenance fees, their lease, needing to turn some sort of a profit, etc. It was totally dead when I visited too (granted, it was raining occasionally, but from the other reports I gather that no riders and some rain are the norm). Again, hopefully Boomers picks it up at a bargain price, as I seriously doubt anyone is going to pay to relocate it when they could buy a brand new coaster for nearly the same price.

This is so sad

I live 10 minutes away from this coaster and it was my first woodie. Driving past it on I95 is easily the most interesting part of my commute to school.

The only other wooden coaster I've ever been on before was Gwazi, so that's not much to compare it to, but apparently this was a really great ride as far as woodies are concerned.

(btw...the animation in my avatar is a sped up POV on The Blender...the skyscraper ride that used to be at boomers that is also now gone)

I'm glad I got to ride it 22 times in a row before it closed. But yeah, the coaster never had a line and was always deserted. It eventually had to go bankrupt. What surprised me is the DBH wasn't owned by Boomers.

It was a great coaster, one of my favorites of all time.

Here's a few pics I have of it last time I went.

21975_282515609594_510164594_4453831_6606239_n.jpg

21975_282515639594_510164594_4453836_55346_n.jpg

21975_282515494594_510164594_4453818_6313484_n.jpg

21975_282515514594_510164594_4453819_2210633_n.jpg

21975_282515614594_510164594_4453832_6108167_n.jpg

226463_282515479594_510164594_4453817_3928811_n.jpg

This is very sad. Not completely unexpected, but still very sad. It's solidly in my top 20 coasters. I'm glad that I was able to get there 3 times and take around 30 laps on it. Hopefully it can be reopened or saved. It's a great ride with some nice pops of airtime. It's sad to lose the best wooden coaster in Florida and my closest coaster.