TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

*in best singsong voice* Let's all go to the lobby, and buy ourselves a treat...

On a lighter note ( ), I just came back from getting a haircut. Now, I'm going to Cedar Point on Sunday, so you can imagine the irony when I see the license plate in front of me at the light read "CEDARPNT". Keep in mind, this is in Ontario... I thought I could get that license plate in a few years! Maybe I can get "CP IS#1"?

You know your friend needs a new girlfriend when he starts e-mailing you a recipe for pot roast.

I had inadvertantly left out a couple of ingrediants......so here goes.

I made this in my Cuisenart Crock pot that tends to cook things a little to high of heat. So if you use a crock pot other than the one that I had used......use your normal settings.

I was feeling a little creative lastnight in the kitchen and have come up with my best pot roast as of yet. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Ingredients as follows

One 2lb. Pot roast

One large onion quartered

4 med-lrg carrots cut into 1/2 inch to 3/4 pieces

3 stalks of celery cut into the same

3 cans of stewed (italian style) tomatoes

3/4 cup of GOOD Balsamic vinegar (only Balsamic will do)

1/2 cup of Dijon mustard (Grey Poop on)

1 12.oz bottle of a fine bodied, yet tasteful brew (Budweiser of coarse)

2 tablespoons of Worechestshire sauce

1/2 tablespoon of Garlic powder (about six or so fresh minced)

1/2 tablespoon of Tyme

1/2 tablespoon of Basil

1/2 tablespoon of ground Corriander seed

and last but not least ..... 1 Bay leaf

1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne pepper

Fresh cracked pepper to taste

2 teaspoons of Kosher salt

Make sure to put the roast in first.....All the veggies second followed by the spices THEN the tomatoes with the juice from the cans. Cook it on LO for 6 1/2 hrs by timer then let it sit on warm for another hour or so. I set mine on LO....at 9:00 am and came home early at 5:00pm and it was done perfectly. Hope you like it

So my friends and I just got back from the Better Than Ezra concert at UMO (University of Maine - Orono) and I gotta say, that was a great concert. The best part was when the lead singer asked for someone to come up on stage and started looking around the audience, so the 6 of us started screaming and pointing at our friend katie and they picked her. So she got to go up stage and hit a cowbell during one of their songs. At the end she got to keep the drum stick and after the entire concert we went around back to their bus and met them in person and got autographs and pictures. First time I met a famous band in person.