TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

26 years ago today, my 1983 Toyota Supra was stolen from the Glendale Galleria. I got it back about two weeks later with 1200 miles added to the odometer, but no other damage. The guys took my bowling ball, too.

That same car went on to be stolen two more times.

Eric

Today I had a job interview for a temporary job at IKEA at Corsico, Milano, Italy (probably one of largest in Europe) and I felt totally out of place. I'm a Space Engineering student with a First Level degree in Aerospace Engineering and I was surrounded by people wo had barely finished high school.

Why is it so hard to find a crappy job to get some money to go to parks during the summer???!

^ Perhaps for the same reason why a reasonably intelligent person like myself has a hard time finding a job to keep a roof over his head. I'm working a temporary job now for less than half of what I normally earn, but it's a job. The economy is one reason, and too many companies here in the U.S. are shipping a lot of jobs overseas because it's cheaper. Cheaper labor means bigger profits. You ought to see how many BMWs, Mercedes', Lexuses, etc. are in our lot. Guess where our products are made?

Eric