TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

dumb·bell

ˈdəmbel/

noun

plural noun: dumbbells

a short bar with a weight at each end, used typically in pairs for exercise or muscle-building.

shaped like a dumbbell.

modifier noun: dumb-bell; modifier noun: dumbbell

"a dumbbell molecule"

North American informal

a stupid person.

I just broke a glass. I don't care about breaking it, but it happened right after I washed it and that made it really annoying!

I did that a few weeks ago with a full glass (thankfully of water)! The worst part was that it shattered and sent barely-bigger-than-glitter-sized pieces flying everywhere.

^ Huh. I too broke a large glass votive candle holder, for an outside bamboo-made patio lantern.

I picked it up, and it just fell apart on me! Happened a couple of days ago. It's being recycled.

HOURS of Playland, Vancouver:

May 5 — June 10 Sat & Sun 10am to 6pm

May 21 - Victoria Day (Canada) 10am to 6pm

June 15 — June 27

Sat & Sun 10am to 6pm

Mon to Fri 10am to 3pm

June 28 Closed

(Part 1)

So I was reading some reviews from Texas De Brazil, a churrascaria restaurant that I LOVE, and these are all ACTUAL COMPLAINTS that led to 1 or 2 star reviews

-- the acoustics are too loud / too noisy

-- They give you too much meat.

-- The sushi sucks. They only have one kind.

-- They ran out of candles (for my free dessert). Who runs out of candles?

-- They sat us next to the soup so there was a loud clanging noise whenever someone got soup.

-- Meat so raw it was blue.

-- We were all hungry an hour after we left.

-- A glorified Old Country Buffet.

-- Lighting is too dim.

-- The Gauchos were coming to the table fast and furious.

-- No fruit or smoothies available.

-- For the amount we spent on one dinner we could have bought a week's worth of groceries.

Seriously? Online reviewers are dumb. I will never open a business. PLEASE never go out to eat ever again.

^ Those ARE pretty stupid complaints and when I see a review start like that on Yelp, I immediately skip over it.

With that said, however...I have been to three different churrascaria restaurants and was not overly impressed considering the steep prices. While the buffet offerings at all three were great, the meat was too overcooked/dry & tasteless for me at all three.

Maybe I just hit them at the wrong time, but I was fairly underwhelmed and likely won't go back to another. If I am going to shell out $45-50 for meat, I would rather go to Salvatore's or Buffalo Chop House instead.

Get yourself together man. Move to Philly. Buy a loft. Start a noise band. Get six or seven roommates and eat hummus with them. Book some gigs. Paint. Smoke cloves. Burn down an Applebee's. Listen to Animal Collective. Start some kinda salsa company.