TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

In 9 days, I'll be moving across the country to start my new job. While I am extremely excited to get my career going, I can't help but think "typical" that I'm moving away just as my home park is getting an RMC; also, I'll be four hours from the nearest amusement park. Whelp, you win some you lose some, at least now I have an excuse to get out and travel. I already have a bunch of weekend trips lined up. Something tells me this is going to be a great year!

I'm slowly but surely falling back down the rabbit hole that is object manipulation. I've learned a new juggling trick for the first time in five years, I picked up a replacement string for my diabolo, and I got an acrylic contact juggling ball that I have no idea how to use yet.

Also, I may or may not be attending a fire spinning meetup in Davis next week... Exciting stuff!

"The Man Who Came to be Dinner" is one of the funniest Simpsons episodes i've seen in the last 5 years. As soon as the episode began with the Ramada Inn "Are we there yet" shtick, I knew I was watching a special episode. All the theme park jokes in the first act are ungodly hysterical, and once the main plot involving Kang & Kodos begins, the laughs kept on getting louder. Plus, Rigel 7 has it's own legit alien language just like Futurama! While it does steal some of the symbols(Such as an M on Futurama being a T on The Simpsons), it's great to see the wit of Futurama appearing more often on The Simpsons, as this was the case in THOH25 this past October. I cried laughing, and even really started crying, because this episode does have some very sweet moments. It's got many references to classic Simpsons episodes, like Old Money & Deep Space Homer, plus one semi-dated Hunger Games joke, but it's not as bad as you may think it will be. But I must admit, the jokes about Disney buying Star Wars were relatively dull. If you like The Simpsons, watch this episode as soon as possible.

I'm pumped this weekend for football! I hope there's some chance that my Panthers can beat Seattle. I'm also rooting for the Ravens in the NFC (and not because I like them, but because I hate the Pats with every fiber of my being). Also, as much as I hate Dallas, I want them to win. If by some miracle, the Panthers beat the Seahawks, I'd like to take my chances with Dallas over Green Bay.

PANTHERS KEEP POUNDING!