TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

^ Are you a Blue Jackets fan?

I like Bobrovsky, hope he does good things for CBJ.

No, I'm a Rangers fan, but I find the guys on TSN (now they're coming to the US to do Fox Sports 1) hilarious when they scream it on air. And I agree, I hope he does well for the Jackets they deserve it.

Can you guys please give me some feedback on these lyrics I came up with?

"I know you see right through

All the times I've tried to hide the truth

I know that I've done wrong

I've tried my hardest just to please you

No I'm not perfect

But that's okay to me

Cause this is all I am

And it's all I really need to be"

It's actually meant to be a slower rock song. I purposely left the lyrics somewhat ambiguous because I want people to interpret them in different ways. I am a Christian, so I interpret them as saying that God knows we have flaws and we also know we have flaws, but we should be okay with that because we don't need to be perfect for Him to love us.

Feel free to interpret the lyrics however you see fit, whether it's about God, your parents, a lover, or something else.

I've got another song called "By My Side" partly done. I have the chorus, second verse, and most of the first verse (freaking block). I've also been working on getting drums down for that song. I'll post what I have so far:

Verse 1:

I wake up every day

Hoping to feel your warming touch

You never have a lot to say

But the way you love me you don't need to say much.

As I go through the daily grind

Hoping someday I'll find

The _______ that I've been searching for (That's all I have for that verse)

Chorus:

Only your love can get me through the day

Shine your light, show me the way

Speak to me and bring me home

Can't face the pain of this world on my own

But I'll never hide

As long as you're here, right by my side

Verse 2:

Each day I struggle still

Try to continue but sometimes I lose the will

But I will never back down

Never give up the fight

If I have you to fight by my side

[Repeat Chorus]

Perhaps in the blank you could say, "Answer" or "Love."

For a little constructive criticism, you might wanna reword "daily grind/find" to something else.

^

I seriously can't wait for the CA State Fair this sunday...for several reasons:

- Possibly 4 new credits including Butler's 2nd Pinfari Zyklon Z47, Neverland Ranch Dragon Wagon, Pole Position (stalling spinning coaster), and possibly Butler's 2nd Wacky Worm coaster they own

- Losing my Zipper virginity (finally, was to happen at the San Mateo County Fair but the Zipper lay dormant in a fenced off area)

- Chance Sky Diver (Looks quite intense actually...don't know why Butler runs them backwards)

- Ghetto Flyers (Wisdom Windsurfer)...dare I attempt to snap on this banking flyer?

Yup, the fair will have a ton of carnival rides to check out, not to mention all the exhibits and such to check out

I had an extremely vivid dream last night where my girlfriend (who only existed in the dream) passed away, and it inspired these lyrics when I woke up:

Heaven's bells ringing

and all the angels singing your name

The most beautiful music I've ever heard

I can't think of any way to use these lyrics. Can't think of a tempo that would fit them or any other lyrics to go with them.

I had an extremely vivid dream last night where my girlfriend (who only existed in the dream) passed away, and it inspired these lyrics when I woke up:

Heaven's bells ringing

and all the angels singing your name

The most beautiful music I've ever heard

I can't think of any way to use these lyrics. Can't think of a tempo that would fit them or any other lyrics to go with them.

Maybe something in 3/4 time? That's what it sounds like to me. I can hear like a violin-ish slow rock song in 3/4 time with this that, or do you know the song "Buried Beneath" by Red? Maybe something like that. And your girlfriend only exists in your dream?

That was very disturbing, although I have seen real dead babies. Plus I saw this just after I ate...big mistake on my part.