TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

Since I've been thinking about this lately, let's compare how the coasts deal with earthquakes...

East Coast's 5.8 a week ago. "OMFGITSTHEENDOFTHEWORLDPANIC"

West Coast's 4.3 today. "Eh, my ceiling fan shook a bit."

Now I know there's a difference in magnitudes and the East Coast doesn't get them often, but the difference in how they're treated by the public is kinda funny (to me, anyway).

Since I've been thinking about this lately, let's compare how the coasts deal with earthquakes...

Now I know there's a difference in magnitudes and the East Coast doesn't get them often, but the difference in how they're treated by the public is kinda funny (to me, anyway).

I was driving into DC just after it happened and thought that this was a very well organized Flash Mob due to all the people that were standing outside the office buildings. Then I turned on the radio. I drove through an earthquake?! Wow.

I live in the West Coast, and there was a 4.3 earthquake? I never even knew that even happened in all seriousness.

Random freak thunderstorm, lightning must have touched down real close...heard an excessively loud bang as though something just exploded. Yes, beefy thunderstorms are quite rare in the SF Bay Area.

A thunderstorm? I live near San Jose and there is no thunderstorm or rain at all.

Random freak thunderstorm, lightning must have touched down real close...heard an excessively loud bang as though something just exploded. Yes, beefy thunderstorms are quite rare in the SF Bay Area.

Same thing down south in Bakersfield. Only, the first lightning struck at 4:00 in the morning.

Who are you, and what are you doing in my bathroom!?

Wait, I mean... Well... You said to say something random... Here you go. Thumbs up if you get the (rather long) reference!

I have a feeling that this will make it to the dumbest things said on TPR thread...

"After many years, I have returned. I will level mountains, destroy monuments, enslave..."

"But I like monuments!"

"Silence, mortal! People will tremble at my feet!"

"Not if I have any say about it!"

"Well you don't!"

"Why not?"

"Because I'm controlling your body!"

"I hate you! You threw out my milk!"

"Your milk was expired!"

"You're expired!"

"HOW DARE YOU!"

I think they must have been moving their way inland because we've had the craziest freak thunderstorms in the last two days. Today was freaking terrifying. LOUD close-sounding thunder and lightning, rain like bullets, and for a bit, dime-sized hail. It came so quickly and did this for a while and then suddenly stopped.

While the above was going on:

I did 5-straight hours of Calculus with 2 classmates. It's the longest (and most difficult) session of math I've ever done in my life. I also drank more coffee in that time than I ever have in one day. If my posts are sounding delirious today, it's probably because I just need to go to bed and let my mind rest. In fact, I think I'm going to do that now.