TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Say Something Random" Thread

robbalvey

Last Tuesday morning, a friend informed me that I had an essay due in my English class that very same day. I had no idea that it was due. I went home, and wrote three pages of crappy essay in about an hour and a half. Just got the stupid thing back today... I made a 96.

WAT.

After watching the Nostalgia Critic's video about Ducktales, I have an undeniable urge to learn the theme song on bass. Tomorrow, it will happen!

Oh man! I had just finished getting that song out of my head just in time for that review. It was still a great video, though.

Last Tuesday morning, a friend informed me that I had an essay due in my English class that very same day. I had no idea that it was due. I went home, and wrote three pages of crappy essay in about an hour and a half. Just got the stupid thing back today... I made a 96.

WAT.

Oh that's nothing. One year in school (11th grade) I had to do a science fair project. Now me being the lazy person that I am I waited till the last night to do my project. Of course at this time I had absolutely nothing done, except for getting a tri-fold board. Now I start to look around my room and see my ipod and a deck of cards. So I say "I should play music while i have people put cards into a pattern". Now me being the "brilliant" young person that I am, I was able to do testing and writing a paper on the human memory "3 pages" in a good 2 hours. Now during science fairs before I had learned that the schools judges are often easily swayed by nice looking boards and intelligent sounding words. So while designing my board I find some random pictures on the internet, and when putting them down on the board I but some construction paper behind the pictures to give them a boarder. I then moved on to rephrasing some of my words. My question I ended up going with was "Does music have an effect on the human mind". In total it took me five hours to complete my science fair. When i turned it in I had expected at best to get a C, maybe a B, later that day i found out I ended up getting 2nd in the science fair and received a 150 dollar prize . It just goes to show, laziness might get you into serious trouble, but if your intelligent you can BS your way through anything.

(Important Note: Kids do not follow this example. You will regret it. I only got completely lucky in this instance and it will probably not end up the same for you)

-Noob

Weed Wars

See the now legal business of the country’s leading medicinal cannabis dispensary from the inside as WEED WARS premieres this fall on Discovery Channel.

It is a familiar story: a start-up business, demanding clients and the ever-looming possibility that it could all go belly up…But this is not exactly a typical business. When California voters passed the Compassionate Use Act in 1996, medicinal cannabis was legalized igniting a firestorm of controversy and providing an opening to a whole new kind of entrepreneur.

WEED WARS follows Oakland’s Harborside Health Center, the nation’s largest medicinal cannabis dispensary serving over 80,000 patients. The man behind Harborside is founder and executive director Steve DeAngelo. whose mission is to provide the best possible product to his diverse client base of patients while using his business as a megaphone to the rest of the country about the full regulation and taxation of medicinal cannabis.

WEED WARS fearlessly pulls back the curtain on a once illegal and still controversial world. From the inner workings of the business to Steve’s distinctive leadership style, WEED WARS is a fascinating glimpse into this highly unique setting,” said Nancy Daniels, executive vice president of production and development for Discovery Channel.

In addition to DeAngelo and his staff, WEED WARS follows the journey of the plant itself from seed germination to harvesting. Meet the growers and “patient farmers” whose job it is to provide the “medicine” – the buds – that will eventually be purchased and used by thousands of clients, many of whom feel their lives have been forever changed by the plant. Due to high demand and reputable quality control, Harborside’s reach has now extended to a second location in San Jose.

From the earnest and knowledgeable front counter staff to the rigorous lab testing of the cannabis to City Hall protests and to the constant police monitoring and security sweeps, WEED WARS offers a look at a world unlike any other.

Watch for WEED WARS this fall, only on Discovery Channel.

Very interested to see how this one turns out. Although the title is a bit misleading, as I thought we would be following the DEA and their never ending effort to rid America of Marijuana.

I honestly can't figure out why I like Eminem's music. Rap is my single least favorite kind of music, but something about him just appeals to me. The puns he uses? The fact that he actually raps about personal, interesting things, instead of about how "b***hes ain't s**t"? The fact that he has a sense of humor in some of his songs ("Just Lose It" is amazing)?

I dunno, but I like it.