TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intamin Mega Lites is overrated in my opnion...

Okay after i have ridden Piraten at Djurs Sommerland, in Denmark several times, i really don't think it is so "amazing"

Don't get me wrong i really like the ride, and it is very smooth, but seriously it does not give you any kind of kick, and to me as a young roller coaster enthusiast, it was a bit disappointing reading TPR's scandi trip report saying that "Piraten rides just as good as Millenium Force"

And seing Piraten taking some top ten rankings in roller coaster polls, really made me happy but also dissapointed, i really thourght there were coasters out there that was much better, and i could easily name 20 coaster i thought would be better..

This is just me being honest and giving you my opnion...

- Kian

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you should probably just give up on this hobby now then. Even dumb people rank Megalites in their top 10 - 20, you won't find many better rides out there.

Elissa, it think you should be really careful of what you are saying now!

Yeah, that did offend me, as i look at this thing as a lifestyle and i look at you and Robb as idols, because i'm a coaster enthusiast too. We all have different opnions, and what i like most on a ride is if you get a andrenaline kick.

And i'm just being honest, i really think Furius Baco beats Piraten...

We probably have different "likes" about coasters, speak for your self. what i was trying to say here was just what i felt like, and maybe someone else would agree with me.

But I think we should listen to the one who's ridden hundreds of coasters around the globe.

Stop that please, we all have different opnions, as i like Furius Baco allot more than Piraten,,, Yeah Piraten is a awesome coaster don't get me wrong ! i just don't think it deserves a place over Millenium Force on a poll...

- Kian

The point is, he's allowed to have an opinion. It doesn't matter how many coasters he has been on. I have heard others say the same anyway, so i don't understand the big issue.

Who cares how many coasters Elissa has been on? He doesn't have to agree with her.

Edited by Ejectorbater

While we all have differnet opinions... Ummm some matter more. Like if My next door neighbor Bill who is a Target manager says we should build a highway at XYZ point I will dismiss it, but if someone who has a degree in say Traffic Sciences says it I would listen. In short what I am getting at is when you come on the forums and basically call out the many "Pros" here for thier opinion your gotta expect to get slammed and shut down.

Ryan

^Yes, but he has to respect Elissa words, even if they are not the kindest. After all, she is one of the admins of the site, and arguing with one....not a decent idea.

I understand you have your own opinion on things, but pick the rights battles and know when not to argue.

Edit: To the post below, since I don't believe I should post a new reply when it's not necessary, I also thought that same thing. It changed my opinion of how I would respond to this thread.

Edited by Inukaza

While we all have differnet opinions... Ummm some matter more. Like if My next door neighbor Bill who is a Target manager says we should build a highway at XYZ point I will dismiss it, but if someone who has a degree in say Traffic Sciences says it I would listen. In short what I am getting at is when you come on the forums and basically call out the many "Pros" here for thier opinion your gotta expect to get slammed and shut down.

Ryan

I really just wanted to see if i was the only one. Do i really have to be "scared" of getting slammed down when posting on this site? That's not too cool, IN MY FUC**** OPNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^Now your just overreacting. It's others opinion to agree with the masses. I like how you expect others to agree with your opinions when they have their own, and will argue them because they are not afraid of YOU.

Also, it's evident you currently are the only one who posted who dislikes them with such a passion as you.

Edited by Inukaza

^Now your just overreacting. It's others opinion to agree with the masses. I like how you expect others to agree with your opinions when they have their own, and will argue them because they are not afraid of YOU.
Seriously dude, i said it was my opnion and Elissa began to state than if not i liked Megalites, then there would not be to much to surprise me. And then i said that she likes one coaster more than me, and i like one coaster more than she.

We have different opnions.

And that "affraid thing" drop it.

Two things:

1. "Intamin Mega Lites are (not "is") overrated.

2. Thread locked before it degererates into a meaningless flame war.

And the original poster given a 1 week temporary ban for causing drama on the forum.

It's one thing to have an opinion about a ride, it's another thing to be a complete douchebag and be aggressive about how you present your opinions.

Differing opinions are welcomed on TPR, even if your opinions are different than mine or Elissa's, but obnoxious people who don't play well with others, shout at others, berate them for having differing opinions, and use curse words to make a point, are not going to be tolerated.

--Robb "You're lucky it's only a week ban and not forever for the behaviour you displayed in your responses." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I don't think I was being that harsh. I was being honest. If there's a kid out there that can't believe a coaster near him is rated higher than Millennium Force he's going to have a sad awakening when he makes it to Cedar Point for the first time and ride a giant collection of mediocre coasters.

The Original Poster has had many other confrontational posts like this over the last month and just needs some time to calm down a bit.