TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How did you end up here???

How did you get here?  

544 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get here?

• Google is my best friend! (post what you searched for!)
    • Found you from another site (which site?)
    • Was told by a friend (are they STILL your friend?) =)
    • I don't remember. I wandered aimlessly around the internet and landed here!
    • Other (tell your story and it BETTER be good!)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted exclusively on URC for about the past twelve years.

I've come to realize that the good ol days have come and gone for that site and decided to post more often here than there as there is much more conversation here than there.

Great_Ump on URC.

JEAPUgrad stands for Jim Evans Academy of Professional Umpiring Graduate.

In 2007 I was hunting for roller coaster stuff (I forget what exactly) and found TPR. Really liked the adventures shown and thought "I like these people and what they do." So I joined, grew some, and came to know a great group of folks that has grown like crazy from then to now.

Even met a couple folks in person (carolinacaniac and CTU_Agent). Looking forward to meeting many more.

Very happy for the success and growth of this site, particularly the Park Index. I truly believe in and support that project as well as the ideals behind it.

I believe it was late 2005, and I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown (you know, same old same old) and memories of my trips to Universal were the one thing that was keeping me from totally losing it, so in my google search for all things Universal, I found you! And look! All better! You've cured me of the crazies!

Eh, kinda.

I am still fairly new to the whole Coaster Enthusiast thing, being I started really getting into it in 2007. Maverick at Cedar Point started my obsession, following the construction from start to finish and then being on of the firsts to ride it. Then the following year I devoted the next summer operating one of these lovely machines by the name of Mantis at Cedar Point. You see thousands upon thousands of people daily, who sometimes are either the greatest personalities you will meet or the worst.

One of my favorite things to do while working was to read T-Shirts and that's how I stumbled across TPR. I always saw the Theme Park Review T-Shirts filtering in and out of Cedar Point every so often. I got Curious, found the site and began lurking and reading. I fell in love with the community from the start and decided to make my own contributions to the site. I always was a small part of Pointbuzz and always hated how they treated their users and it was a breath of fresh air to see Rob treat everyone with respect and have fun doing it. Thanks again, its been great so far!

No idea how many years ago I first came here; I lurked on here for years checking out the TR's and forums for a while. Probably first came about this place from thrillride.com (the old version in the 90's and early 00's when every time the wild rumors and news and notes was updated was like christmas to me... ).

About three years ago I was trying to find information on japanese amusement parks for an upcoming trip. I searched online and found this awesome trip report which even included to travel information! It was absolutely perfect, and answered every single question I had! The information was incredibly useful, and I've been hooked since then. And then I found the store and had to get all the videos to see what I had been missing all these years.

I was bored at a hotel like six years ago, so I hopped on the computer in the lobby and Googled "roller coasters". I wasn't into theme parks at all back then! [and I was super young]

I just browsed around for the first few years, forgetting a few pass words, and rarely posting.

But two years ago I started to get active and in the chat I first met Cameron. We talked more and more, then in the beginning of this summer I finally met him and Matt at the Buccaneer Battle Media Day[sFGAm]. Since then I have become great friends with him, Griffin, Jo, Jeremie, and a few others.

I'm so glad I was bored out of my mind that one day!

I was dragged to Orlando by Piers for HHN '07 and was signed up to TPR by a certain Mr Alvey at the infamous TPR walking into the patio door pool party.

I may or may not have been drunk when Robb signed me up and came up with my screen name to annoy PK (who was passed out drunk in his undercrackers on the bathroom floor at the time)

Let's see here.

I remember looking for Myrtle Beach Pavilion pictures after I went there on one of it's final nights. I ended up finding the Deep South 2006 Trip Trip report. I ended up looking at the quality pictures and the awesome captions. I then decided to check out the forums and lurked for months. I finally joined and started posting (although I rarely post.) So, yeah. That's how I got here.

I think it was ether Joyrides or sixflagsnews.com where I found Robb's Guess the Neon. So I would say it was early 00's when I first came here, I browsed the forums for a while before I joined in late 2005, then I forgot my password and decided to rejoined under a new screen name in 2006.

Does anyone remember Six Flags news.com

If I recall correctly, I was reading rec.roller-coaster and some guy was calling TPR's member count into question. I think at around the same time I ran across some ballot for best amusement-related website and TPR was a candidate. I think the two things led me to visit. At first I was a bit overwhelmed but dipped my toes in. Then the trip flyer came out with the word "Japan" and that was it for me.

Probably first came about this place from thrillride.com (the old version in the 90's and early 00's when every time the wild rumors and news and notes was updated was like christmas to me... ).

As preposterous as it often was, the old Thrill Ride was still awesome.

Screamscape does the same thing responsibly (and is great), but sometimes "what if" is just more fun.

Probably first came about this place from thrillride.com (the old version in the 90's and early 00's when every time the wild rumors and news and notes was updated was like christmas to me... ).

As preposterous as it often was, the old Thrill Ride was still awesome.

Screamscape does the same thing responsibly (and is great), but sometimes "what if" is just more fun.

If nothing else, Mr. Coker does an excellent job with his descriptive writing of coaster reviews.

When I get the off season blues, I read his ride reviews to brighten my day.