TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How did you end up here???

How did you get here?  

544 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get here?

• Google is my best friend! (post what you searched for!)
    • Found you from another site (which site?)
    • Was told by a friend (are they STILL your friend?) =)
    • I don't remember. I wandered aimlessly around the internet and landed here!
    • Other (tell your story and it BETTER be good!)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I found TPR shortly after my 1997 trip to So Cal when I was searching for coaster pics and videos. Eversince, I've checked back here and there to find changes in the site, videos, and so on. Then, a long time went by and I forgot all about TPR (Sorry) and I was at school showing a friend videos of coasters and I searched for "Coaster Videos" via Google and voila! TPR showed up. From there, I saw tons more pics and from there on, I just followed your updates. And just my luck, I check on my birthday last year and see forums added. I'd say, excellent birthday gift to get!

I was dragged kicking and screaming by this flaming donkey with wings, who said his name was Pepe, and he had Twizzlers for me. So I followed him down the dark path, and ended up here. I've been stuck ever since, although I did build a raft and try to sail away once. My son, who happens to be black even though I'm white, was taken by pirates and I was forced to row to shore.

WOO HOO! ADD rocks. :shock:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not completely sure how I found TPR, since it was 8 or 9 years ago. But if I had to guess it might of been from the now gone but for many people NEVER forgotten link site of Tim Melago. His site really was the portal to roller coasters on the web for so many years.

I do remember the first time I ran into robb. It was back in 1998 at Cedar Point in line for Mantis. We hadn't planned on meeting or anything. He was on a trip talking coasters and I then reallized it was Robb!

• 5 months later...

I was a coaster newbie last year (after being traumatized by Rebel Yell & a sadistic father as a small child), and searched for 'video' and 'Mind Eraser' to try to find out what the ride had actually been like since I was too busy plotting the murder of the guy who got me on it to really notice while riding.

In combination with stats from rcdb, the videos here have really helped prepare me for what I can handle this year (up to Medusa & Superman:Ultimate Flight, hoping for SM:ROS at SFA in a few days). Loved the DVDs!

I was a forum member on another coaster website called America Coasters Network. When I first joined that site there were updates nearly every day and a ton of other stuff I could look forward to discussing on the message boards but during the last two years the site has just been slowly dying. Updates on coaster construction and news for that site comes now in two month intervals and they're very breif updates as well. The forums also slowed down except for every now and then when a poster under the name of robbalvey would come on and liven a thead up with links to fun photos of his park trips around the world.

So one day as I was scrolling through Robbs most recent trip report (at the time it was his december trip to Japan) I saw that there were free coaster videos on his site as well as a message board so I signed up and have been enjoying TPR ever since.

Lets see here... I guess it all started when one of my friends told me about a roller coaster named "Micheal Jackson Thrill Ride" or something like that. I've never heard of it, so I googled that in, and TPR was on the first page. Approximately one moon later, I decided to join the forums and my life changed forever!

I was doing a search for coaster videos, and got linked directly to the video download page. I then looked around the site more, and I found the forums. I looked at them, and thought it would be fun to say something myself, so I joined.

My dad went to visit his mom in Valencia, CA in 2002....They then took my little cousins and my aunt for a trip to SFMM...My dad told me that he got to talkin with a guy named Trent, in riddler's queve about coasters and stuff...(my dad later told me that he made a bet with granny, $500 to get on, he had to pay her if he didn't... he's scared of coasters!!) Anyhow...the guy and him got to talkin and he started to tell my dad about coasters and that he's an ACE memeber ect....then he told my dad about themeparkreview.com told my dad to check it out if he was curious about coasters and that it's a great site to visit. When my dad came back home to Pittsburgh, PA he told me all it...(I was sick for a week, thats why I didn't go to CA with him) Told me about the site...and been lovin it ever since....pretty crazy huh.....but true.