TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How did you end up here???

How did you get here?  

544 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get here?

• Google is my best friend! (post what you searched for!)
    • Found you from another site (which site?)
    • Was told by a friend (are they STILL your friend?) =)
    • I don't remember. I wandered aimlessly around the internet and landed here!
    • Other (tell your story and it BETTER be good!)

Hey everyone!

So now that the forums have been open for 6 months and our user base is nearly 3,000 now, I'm very curious to know how everyone actually found the site! Where are all you people coming from!?!?

Was it google, were you referred by someone else, another site, or did you just accidently type the words "themeparkreview" into your browser?

Just curious!

--Robb "Always has a mind for statistics!" Alvey

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't Google, but I searched on Yahoo.

I did a few different searches, don't know which one actually got me here, but I do know that the link was to you Winter Coaster Solace pictures from this year. This site had everything that I was looking for, and hoping to do. :shock:

Searches:

Amusement Parks

Roller Coasters

Theme Parks

I found this site from a link on Weeweeslap/Coastercrazy. I started looking at the photo pages from places I had been. I thought they were so hilarious, that I decided to look at all of them. I found this site just in time, because the forums were started right after I had finished looking through the whole photo gallery. I like this site so much because all of the great inside jokes!

^ God I love that picture.

Well, are you asking how we found TPR or how we found the forums?

I found TPR a LONG time ago. Although I didn't know it was the same site until a few months ago after seeing the "old school" TPR. We were living in Palmdale at the time and I was looking for some coaster stuff and stumbled upon TPR.

A couple of years later I was a HUGE Disney geek and was a pretty consistent poster over at LaughingPlace. Well, Jim Disney was a poster there as well and I started going to WC. Met Jim, became friends and he introduced us to Robb and Elissa. We then became friends and I have been here ever since.

How I found the forums ... well, Robb called me one day and said "I'm going to start Forum's" and that's that.

I was gonna start making videos for another site, and the webmaster directed me to your video section, and basically said "make them like this."

Than later I was at the Ride World event at SFMM, and I saw rob in the last row of Goliath....cept I didn't know it was Robb.

Later, when I was looking at your videos again, I checked your TR of the event, and found me hidden in the back corner of the X station (just to the right of the little X sign, with the big hair: http://www.themeparkreview.net/solace2005/solace35.jpg ).

So, after that, I figured we were practically family, and thought I would join!

I've casually visited TPR many times over the past three or so years, likely randomly first surfing in during one of my many random coastery web searches in my early enthusiasm days. Then when the forum came along, I contemplated joining, so joined, then contemplated contributing to it, then started doing so!

As a side note, during one of those early web searches, my heart nearly stopped when I first saw photos of the Crsytal Beach Cyclone. I was utterly amazed, as up until then as far as I knew, old wooden coasters went in straight lines with simple hills and flat turns. Ironically, after an initial period of becoming obsessed with early twisters (P&C; Traver etc.) I now barely like twisters - simple straight hills and only mildly twisty turns do much more for me than endless helices and steep banking - as consequence GCI coasters are yet to excite me (as are B&M)! :shock: