TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How did you end up here???

How did you get here?  

544 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get here?

• Google is my best friend! (post what you searched for!)
    • Found you from another site (which site?)
    • Was told by a friend (are they STILL your friend?) =)
    • I don't remember. I wandered aimlessly around the internet and landed here!
    • Other (tell your story and it BETTER be good!)

I don't fully remember...I think I'd heard about it through Thrillnetwork.com's message board, and googled it thereafter.

I was looking for a new place to talk about coasters anyway, because I just didn't like the kind of discussions that were going on in Thrillnetwork...I won't elaborate, because I don't want to sound like I'm bashing it. It just wasn't my kind of place.

Anyway, I looked through the videos, and was instantly hooked.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the website through Google by typing coaster videos and all the other sites were bad and I finaly came upon this one and I loved it. I then started to read the forum a bit and I thought the people were very friendly so I joined ! A couple of months later, I was in need for some more coaster videos and typed it through google again because I had lost the URL so I found it again, then remembered that I had an account, so after that I started to post .

Actually I found this site about 1,5 year ago, when randomly clicking on coaster links on the internet that led here and there.

After that I visited this site a few times a year, looking and laughing at the photos and their captions.

I finally decided to join this site as late as the end of January this year.

I don't remember how I found it and I haven't even been here long. I'm thinking I probably started at intercot (closet mouse freak and I admit it, okay? LOL) and got curious about a ride and did a google for photos and ended up here. I liked the personalities, the knowledge and the humor and have been checking in every day since, like watching a favorite show. I also love the coaster videos and plan on asking for some for Mother's Day. I ride down the road now listening to a CD or the radio and think, hey, that would make a good sound track for a ride video! (the soundtrack to the movie Driven is a good one if you haven't discovered it yet, btw )

Christie "I've come out of hiding" McCombs

uuhm.

I used to frequent ACN, and then realized everyone [EVERYONE] there were, without fail, a bunch of C U Next Tuesdays. So I kind of gave up. Then, one day at SFMM, while waiting in line for X, I noticed a guy in front of me wearing a TPR hoodie. And it had a donkey on it, and anything combining beasts of burden with roller coasters has to be A OK. So I came home and signed up.The captions on the reviews were hilarious, and the fact that SOMEONE had a sense of humor about Coaster Enthusiasm was truly refreshing.

The end!

I think I was searching on Yahoo for coaster photos or videos. Hey, I got both!!!

You guys rock! So glad I found ya!

Ordered my t-shirt yesterday for my 5/15 trip to SFGA. Gotta represent and fly the colors proudly!!!

G "Send me my MFin' TPR shirt" Money

Google is my best friend!

I remember being a very new enthusiast, and was looking for a good roller coaster video site. I really wasn't expecting much, since I hadn't found many good videos yet, as my searches were unsuccessful. I typed in Storm Runner video, and it gave me a link to your video downloads page.

I was literally drooling. It was like I had struck gold. And from then on, TPR is my favorite roller coaster web site.

Actually, it was technically Yahoo.

I don't remember. I wandered aimlessly around the internet and landed here!

I believe I was visiting the site, before Elissa was around, and Robb and Sarah were selling the video tapes . And I was 10. I think Themeparkreview was with yahoo.com at one point. I just now Iv'e been visiting since Elementary School, and I am now a Sophmore in High School.

I was really bored one day and I was playing around on RCDB and I noticed a lot of the pics that I was looking at were taken by Theme Park Review. So I wanted to check it out, and I was amazed to find an awsome site with all sorts of cool stuff. But the one thing tht made me join was that i found a POV of the Soad Box Derby Racers at KBF! From there i was hooked, I had never been on a forum before and I feel that TPR was the best place to start. Thankyou Robb and Elissa!

I was looking for some info on Bonfante Gardens theme park and found a video of a TPR trip to the park on this site. The forum was up and running a while after that, so I joined. I've picked up quite a bit about coasters and parks from the site. I think this site is a great resource for anyone planning a trip to a park. Thanks Robb and Elissa, and to the many other members that have shared their experience and/or answered questions for me.

Billy "I got lucky with google" Hill

• 1 month later...

Through Screamscape. I had been on and off visiting after that, and espcially after you started posting photos of the Tatsu construction. Ironically, even tho I was lurking, I didn't join until like two days before all TPR members got invited to Media Day for Tatsu. Good timing on my part, but I am certainly glad to be here.

I think it was either through RCDB or Google. I'd been a CoasterBuzz member but got tired of the Message Board Gestapo there (I still have a membership, but I don't visit anymore - for exactly those reasons). I went wandering around looking for a better place to get my coaster fix (other than actually on a coaster), and so here I am...