TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Custom music for RCT parks & rides

Hi there,

I've been visiting this forum (and TPR in general) for quite some time now, and besides the awesome trip reports I really enjoy looking at the RCT and NL creations that are being made over here. They're wonderful to look at and actually inspiring for me as a (starting) composer for games and animations!

In terms of theming, especially in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, there is the option to add custom music to queue lines and on random locations if you have one of the two expansions. And that's where I'd like to offer some help in the form of custom composed music.

If you're designing a highly themed Rollercoaster or Dark Ride and would like to have custom composed music for it, I'd be happy to do it for you! The only thing I'd like to see in return is that you either make a youtube video of the ride, or release the park as a download so that people can actually hear the music. But if you'd rather keep it to yourself, that's fine too. I'm doing this for fun, not to gain anything (although some more youtube subscribers would be nice )

Of course, there are some limitations. Composing music can be really difficult and time consuming, so I really want to compose for a park that is being made with care and attention to detail. I prefer Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, but No Limits or Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 is no problem either. I just don't want to see my music end up in a park that cost less time to make than the actual music I composed for it.

I can compose in the following styles:

- Orchestral

- Epic Orchestral

- Ethnic (African, Asian, Arabian etc.)

- Synthesizer

- Percussion

- Techno / Trance

What I currently can't do unfortunately:

- Rock

If you'd like custom music for your RCT creations, please be specific about what you want and if possible provide pictures or a video of the ride. If by any chance the music I've composed for you doesn't fit or isn't good enough, then I'll try again and compose something different. If you have a park with a timeline which includes retheming of a ride and want a new theme, that's possible too.

And finally I'd like to ask you to use the music only in RCT / NL-related stuff. A youtube video about your park or ride is okay, but please don't use it for anything else without requesting my permission. I don't want my music to end up in random videos (it has happened before and I'm NOT okay with that).

That will be all, please don't hold back with your requests. If your park requires 11 different themes each 20 minutes long that's no problem at all, I'll try to do my best at every kind of request.

My music can be found here and here

Finished projects:

- Aquatrax Theme for tiger01

- Peaceful music for Popcorn54

- Superman Theme for sfgamguy

Edited by Thomasdw

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, this is really cool what you are doing for us here!

Well, I have a park called Marine world in these forums and in about 3 park years times there will be an Atlantis themes Aquatrax. I'm not sure what sort of style it would be in but one that fits. I won't really need it for a while but I'll try to get to that period of time in my park asap (But not rushing it at the same time). There's a link here.

Thank you so much for this oppertunity. It can be a real hasstle to find suitable music on the web.

Also, welcome to TPR! Hope you enjoy it here!

Hi There this is my park here http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58674

Would you be able to compose something quite calm and peaceful for the entrace area to be played, Thanks

Your compositions are great, I have listened to them all and I love them, having studied music these really are great.

Also is there any chance I could download Mystical Forest for an area at the back of my park, i think it would fit well, This is one of my favorites as well. http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasdeWaard#p/a/u/1/xZ1m31RlRKk

Hi There this is my park here http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58674

Would you be able to compose something quite calm and peaceful for the entrace area to be played, Thanks

Your compositions are great, I have listened to them all and I love them, having studied music these really are great.

Also is there any chance I could download Mystical Forest for an area at the back of my park, i think it would fit well, This is one of my favorites as well. http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasdeWaard#p/a/u/1/xZ1m31RlRKk

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, you can use Mystical Forest in your park, here's a download link.

I'll see if I can compose something calm and peaceful, I always like to compose that kind of music.

Yes, but it will be themed to Journey to Atlantis. Thank you for doing this!

I've made a short sketch. Will the theme be played in the queue area or during the ride itself? Either way, I think this might be suited, but if it's not the right kind of music, I'll compose something else. You can listen to it here.

Thanks so much, Thanks for letting me download that. What software do you use, sibelius?

I don't use a notation tool unless it's for live instruments (like the short piece I uploaded to my youtube channel yesterday). I compose everything in FL Studio. I then load plugins for the sounds, like East West Symphonic Orchestra for example (which was actually used for the Joris & de Draak theme at the Efteling).

That's great! But maybe add some low vocals in there to make it a bit more dark. And it will be played through the ride.

Good Suggestion, I will see if I can add some choir sounds too it. Will it be synchronized with the ride, because then I will need to see the ride to be able to compose something that will suit.

Not really, it just needs to be fast paced because there will be a lot of action. And I haven't built the ride yet since Marine World is in it's early years. But an overview would be that

1. Theres a launch

2. Twistyness

3. Fast paced

And it dosn't really stop until the end. It's all just one big experience.

Not really, it just needs to be fast paced because there will be a lot of action. And I haven't built the ride yet since Marine World is in it's early years. But an overview would be that

1. Theres a launch

2. Twistyness

3. Fast paced

And it dosn't really stop until the end. It's all just one big experience.

Alright, sounds like a good coaster. Will two / three minutes be long enough?

I have a ride I would like some POV music to, I could send you a POV, and future specifications.

Respond to this forum of you could do that:)

Great, sounds like an interesting (and difficult) project for me, I like it. I'd like to see a POV or maybe even the ride itself? (I only own the regular RCT 3, not the expansions though). What kind of style would you like? Orchestral?

Three to four minutes to be on the safe side!

Alright, that's quite long but a nice challenge for me. Should it be non-stop action music? Or can the theme switch between action and more 'adventurous' type of music, like this?

Check your in box, there should be a POV there!

Thanks for the pm, I'll start working on it immediately.

Could you possibly do a Superman/Batman Sixflags Superhero Type Compistion for me for rct2?

No problem, how long should the theme be?

You can put music on a coaster in No Limits?!? I had no idea, how do I do this?

I'm not familiar with No Limits, so I wouldn't know. I was thinking of youtube videos with a POV of the coaster or something like that. If it's not possible to add music, it should be added in a newer version!

As I see this thread going somewhere, I think you may want to limit the amount of requests you get.

Also, I have a non RCT Request that shouldn't be much. Just some kind of intro for a youtube channel. 5-15 seconds would do it, as I just want to use it for each opening title. Something kind of fancy.

For RCT requests, as far as those go. Is it possible to have something like The 13th struggle (from kingdom hearts II) but kind of put ina more classical form. I want to use that for well, it'll be a surpise.

I can PM you or talk to you over an IM if you need too.

Yes! That 44 second piece was great! If it could then go to a more action packed sort of feel after that for the roller coaster section that would be very nice!

I've got a longer version, it's at 1:21 now. It's shaping up a bit like trailer music, I hope it's still suited as rollercoaster music. Here's a link

I used your music in this preview for my park as it's great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AyUfHBS1es

Sounds greats, thanks for video.

As I see this thread going somewhere, I think you may want to limit the amount of requests you get.

Also, I have a non RCT Request that shouldn't be much. Just some kind of intro for a youtube channel. 5-15 seconds would do it, as I just want to use it for each opening title. Something kind of fancy.

For RCT requests, as far as those go. Is it possible to have something like The 13th struggle (from kingdom hearts II) but kind of put ina more classical form. I want to use that for well, it'll be a surpise.

I can PM you or talk to you over an IM if you need too.

I can handle a lot of requests if people are willing to accept that it might take some time before I finish the music. I can't finish everything within a day of course.

As for your requests, both sound interesting. You can send me details via PM. I'd rather only take requests regarding RCT creations, but I can do the youtube intro.