TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Official Game Exchange Challenge - April 2011!

The Challenge:

Build an Arrow Dynamics multi-looping coaster using the "Corkscrew Coaster" coaster type.

Because the manager wants a coaster like Vortex, it must do the following:

• Have a drop of at least 138 feet
  • Reach a speed of at least 55mph
  • Have at least two loops, two corkscrews, and a batwing

Also:

• You are not allowed to modify the terrain in any way.

Keep in mind that you don't have to necessarily recreate Vortex, just include its elements, height, and speed. You could include a wrap-around corkscrew a la Drachen Fire to your coaster and it would be okay as long as it still had the two loops, two corkscrews, and batwing.

I'm going to stick with DJ's reccommendations at this point: The spirit of the contest was for a coaster with Vortex's elements- Crazy Park Manager liked those.

As for six inversions- Two loops, two corkscrews, two sidewinders should be used- that's the spirit of the game as writen... But, if you add elements, I'm interpreting it as OK: So long as you keep the six elements listed. Should they be exactly like Vortex? Not necessarily.

I'd like to see people be creative with the origins of their ride myself- that is, keep the spirit of the Vortex in your design- but be creative with it as well.

I hope this clarifies the 'rules' a bit- and ends the confusion-

R.D.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind the words "at least".

And, yes, "loops" mean "vertical loops". I guess I didn't think people would look into it so technically. But, really, when has a "loop" meant anything else than a loop at Arrow? I've never seen an Arrow with an Immelman or a Dive Loop, have you?

Edited by A.J.

Keep in mind the words "at least".

And, yes, "loops" mean "vertical loops". I guess I didn't think people would look into it so technically. But, really, when has a "loop" meant anything else than a loop at Arrow? I've never seen an Arrow with an Immelman or a Dive Loop, have you?

Yep!!

but UGH!!! I am having the worst time with corkscrews! I always really have. Does anyone know any tips on making them?

Looks good! I kinda wanna but then dont wanna post a screen of my coaster. I dont want to give too much away lol. Lets just say I went against the grain but still use the rules as guidelines but not as a blueprint

I wanna enter this contest, but i already have a Club TPR membership, so i was wondering, if i win, can i then give the price to a friend?

No. If you win you get a free renewal for next year.

Loved it! It was a such a cool splash of originality and Arrow style. I totally did not see the big drop coming!

Again, like you said, the corks are wobbly, but that's my only real complaint. This track is great, and the layout was really cool.

- 8/10

I took a picture of the ride and edited it...

Tenn. Tornado has a Sidewinder...

More to the point, everyone's tracks are looking great. They'll be great boredom-killers for me before I go for Grad Nite.

I got an e-mail today from Crazy Park Manager:

"WHERE ARE ALL MY DESIGNS??? I'VE ONLY GOT A HANDFUL OF COASTERS TO LOOK AT! How am I supposed to find the BEST Arrow Vortex style coaster if I don't have more designs? Can you PLEASE encourage these people to get to work? I mean, I'm sitting here with a huge pile of rewards from Mr. Robb Alvey, and I can't wait to give them out to some lucky person- He's given me a Club TPR membership, a shirt, and a TPR Bag of Crap to pass out to the lucky winning design.

See if you can get these people moving.

C.P.M."

OK: REMEMBER- Your design must be submitted by MIDNIGHT MONDAY (Pacific Daylight Time) to qualify for this month's contest.

Don't keep Crazy Park Manager waiting.

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

Dear Crazy Park Manager

Sorry, i´m late in the dark.

But i submitted my entry, too.

Be carefull, it´s an head-slapping Arrow!

Nice greets.

The following ones ... made it not:

tprchallenge-Picture-008.jpg.fa2740fd126114ae26ef51c0a899ea65.jpg

..a lame one,..

And this candy-beast here:

Monster-Party-byfreefallXL-Version3-Bild1.jpg.ca541a6852bcbce5e4c06462a464690f.jpg

Monster-Party-byfreefallXL-Version3-Bild2.jpg.27ed2150ec4bd87578ea79042ac73997.jpg

Monster-Party-byfreefallXL-Version3-Bild3.jpg.6ee27cbe65917f41b3c51af800f1cd97.jpg

Ps.: At all the other subscribers, very NICE! I see some really good tracks! Keep up the good work! AND: Of course, good LUCK!

EDIT: ...uploaded the pics of the green one.

Total noob question from a non-gamer/builder:

These look AWESOME and I'd love to look at POVs of ALL of the designs. It seems that sometimes a video clip is available, and others not? Is my head way up my colon? Derp?

^I don't want to spoil the fun; this area is for the gamers, and making work for people while not contributing anything myself would be poor form.

But if it isn't a big deal, I, and I'm sure others, would be most grateful for the chance to look at all this great stuff without having any of the game software.

Hmmm...

R.D. told me there were eight entries so far. I'd really like to see more, though, as I've got quite a task to do before I install a new ride. Some really good rides in there, so far- but I want more!

Robb Alvey's been generous enough to give me a Club TPR membership to hand out, as well as a T-shirt, and a TPR Bag of Crap. That ALONE should be worth it, but isn't the pride and glory of designing my next coaster ENOUGH???

C.P.M.