TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Official Game Exchange Challenge - April 2011!

ADMIN EDIT -

Ok, I'm upping the prize ante on this contest.

You'll win:

- A Bag-o-Crap

- A Club TPR Membership

- WIth a Club TPR T-Shirt

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY NOW!!!!

PRESENTING...

A TPR Official Game Exchange Challenge!

NoLimits - My Favorite Ride is Vortex!

What happens when your manager's favorite coaster is an Arrow?

DOWNLOAD THE TRACK/TERRAIN FILE NOW!

History:

Having successfully mooched off of members of a theme park enthusiast website to make his Grand Gardens popular, the manager has hatched a new plan. He recently took a "research" trip to Kings Island in Ohio and came out of the park with a favorite roller coaster -

Vortex.

Now, he has, once again, bought a large expanse of land for a relatively inexpensive price. The problem is this - none of the land is even close to being flat. He wants a roller coaster like Vortex on that land.

The Challenge:

Build an Arrow Dynamics multi-looping coaster using the "Corkscrew Coaster" coaster type.

Because the manager wants a coaster like Vortex, it must do the following:

• Have a drop of at least 138 feet
  • Reach a speed of at least 55mph
  • Have at least two loops, two corkscrews, and a batwing

Also:

• You are not allowed to modify the terrain in any way.

Keep in mind that you don't have to necessarily recreate Vortex, just include its elements, height, and speed. You could include a wrap-around corkscrew a la Drachen Fire to your coaster and it would be okay as long as it still had the two loops, two corkscrews, and batwing.

"But wait, A.J. - what do we need for this challenge?"

All you need is NoLimits Coaster version 1.6 or later to play. This track file has no 3DS either.

"How do I submit my finished track?"

Upload your track to the TPR Game Exchange! When you upload your contest entry to the exchange, be sure to list it under the "TPR Challenge" file type.

Judging

There will be two winners of this challenge.

• Member's choice - at the end of the challenge, TPR members will vote to decide which track is their favorite.
  • Moderator's choice - also at the end of the challenges, the Game Exchange moderators will decide which track is their favorite.

"A.J., what do I win?"

You Get CRAP! ONE lucky winner, as voted on by our members will get a **HUGE** TPR BAG OF CRAP! You read that right- A REAL, AUTHENTIC, GENUINE, ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES TPR BAG OF CRAP! Honestly, this will be one awesome bag of crap filled with kick-ass stuff!

"Crap, glo-ri-ous craaaaaap..."

But wait! There's MORE!

Everybody who PLAYS the challenge, and turns in a track will get a 50 pt. bonus in their exchange accounts! That's right - you get something just for making a track, even if it doesn't win. It's like a lovely parting gift!

Keep deadlines in mind!

The contest begins today - Monday, April 18, 2011 - and ends on Monday, May 9, 2011. On Wednesday, May 11, 2011, the public voting will begin for the member's choice winner, and will last one week.

Good luck, and enjoy the landplot - if you have any questions, feel free to ask your Game Exchange moderating team -

mcjaco

A.J.

djbrcace1234

QueerRudie

Have fun! Try to not get a headache from all the headbanging!

Edited by mcjaco

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't noticed, the ante has been upped, and the gauntlet has been thrown down! We have made the prize BETTER!

You still have FIVE DAYS to submit your entry. Get to it!

I should enter this contest myself and beat the stuffing out of you all.

DEADLINE DATE EXTENDED!

Ok everyone!

You now have until Monday, May 9th to submit your entry. And if you missed it on the last page, the prizes have increased!

You'll win:

- An AWESOME TPR Bag-o-Crap

- A Club TPR Membership

- WIth a Club TPR T-Shirt

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY NOW!!!!

Read the post on the previous page of this thread for contest details and to download the terrain/track file.

Edited by robbalvey

Lets get it on...

Question - two loops...Just regular loop dee loops? Or do dive loops, immelman loops and such count as well? Im assuming just a standard loop...

Alright...will be gone for 2 days...but I can definitely finish this before the deadline.

For the record:

In this challenge, Crazy Park Manager LOVES the VORTEX AT KINGS ISLAND.

The specifications are this: TWO VERTICAL LOOPS, TWO SIDEWINDER LOOPS, and TWO CORKSCREW ELEMENTS.

That means a total of six inversions.

Immelmans, diving loops, etc. would NOT make it like Vortex, now would it?

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

Keep in mind that you don't have to necessarily recreate Vortex, just include its elements, height, and speed. You could include a wrap-around corkscrew a la Drachen Fire to your coaster and it would be okay as long as it still had the two loops, two corkscrews, and batwing.

- A.J. (on the first page)

The specifications are this: TWO VERTICAL LOOPS, TWO SIDEWINDER LOOPS, and TWO CORKSCREW ELEMENTS.

-QueerRudle

Since QueerRudle an A.J. are both one of the moderators of this contest, I'm confused can we or cant we use other elements then the ones we need to?

For the record:

In this challenge, Crazy Park Manager LOVES the VORTEX AT KINGS ISLAND.

R.D.

Games Forum Moderating Team

Have at least two loops, two corkscrews, and a batwing

Thats what I was going off. When reading directions I go off the actual bolded stuff and I try to stick to bullet points. The original post only said what I just posted, verbatim. And just saying loop is different from VERTICAL LOOPS. And when you say CORKSCREW ELEMENTS I could take that very liberally or very strictly.

Plus I think it said at least including those elements and you say a total of six inversions. Saying a total of 6 inplies only 6. Is it only 6 or can it be more?

When doing contests its VERY VERY VERY VERY important to have your wording be precise and consistent, something Im struggling with getting from this topic. As the last person wrote, there is confusion now...