TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Opening Day Krake at Heide Park

Hhappy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

I see, but like i said, maybe they are to lazy.

but in another sentence it was mentioned, that the park is satisfied with the actual solution, too.

- To me that sound like lazyness, to be honest!

I wouldn't say its talk about being lazy here at all. If it doens't fit with what the quality norm the park is looking for, so why do it? Try something else tha is more appealing to the park.

Latskap? Nei, det handler mer om å revurdere det man allerede har planlagt for å finne noe som passer bedre enn den orginale ideen. Hadde det vært latskap hadde riden vært ute theming

^

I see, but like i said, maybe they are to lazy.

but in another sentence it was mentioned, that the park is satisfied with the actual solution, too.

- To me that sound like lazyness, to be honest!

I wouldn't say its talk about being lazy here at all. If it doens't fit with what the quality norm the park is looking for, so why do it? Try something else tha is more appealing to the park.

Latskap? Nei, det handler mer om å revurdere det man allerede har planlagt for å finne noe som passer bedre enn den orginale ideen. Hadde det vært latskap hadde riden vært ute theming

Don't you understand what i'm saying here?

I know that the mouth does not fit! but IF they just lay it there, and does not do anything else, like example get another mouth that fits, then it's lazyness IMO!

like example get another mouth that fits, then it's lazyness

It's not laziness! I mean they've spent alot of time and money on building this mouth. You have to remember this is a business, if spending the extra money on making a new one means they would make more money..great! but if not, what will they gain from doing it! It's not laziness it's common sense.

If it's true that it was a miscalculation that lead to it not dropping into the mouth, that is sad, as I could've seen that working an absolute treat. It may be the reason we only saw it getting installed a few days before opening! But I'm kinda over it, and regardless I think the whole theme concept is fantastic. So a big thumbs up from me for everyone who worked on it. I can't wait to ride.

This looks awesome! Lets hope its not too

no worries there

How is the airtime on the camelback ???

little bit of floater.. but nothing massive (during the rides i had)

Happy to see you (all) like the pictures/update

Great photos for a cool-looking ride. There is a lot more theming there than I thought. I'm not too terribly worried about it not going into the mouth because it doesn't go underground, it would look kinda stupid going into the mouth and just coming out...

^IMO, he's using the word "lazy" more like "resting on your laurels" (i.e. Walt Disney quote).

Dropping into the mouth of the Krake would enhance this ride. Can anyone really argue that? Look at the POV - you stare down onto track vs. the Krake commercial or Oblivion. Looking down into a seemingly tiny Krake mouth, even if that's all it is - a ring with teeth, would be the cherry on top of a solid attraction.

People would talk about "you drop into teeth" ... "it looks so small" ... head chopper effect, etc. giving more powerful word of mouth excitement. I hope they do "finish" it, but ultimately it's their decision.

Thanks Hanno for all your coverage! It's very much appreciated.

20110417_tpr_krake.thumb.jpg.156164e667b1a9d14dcc9b7156f50b08.jpg

Side by side comparison - Krake v Oblivion

Look at this:

In the krake vid still there are black lines that look like they mark where the wrecked boat (theming)should be and thus they are waiting for the rest of the theming to be finished before they put the mouth in(I suppose they will break it in half and put it back together).

Proof that the mouth will be in place and the size comparison shows that it was not a miscalculation and just improv theming until they could finish the real theming.(since the oblivion trains are wider than the krake trains, the krake trains should fit perfectly according to this)

Proof that the mouth will be in place and the size comparison shows that it was not a miscalculation and just improv theming until they could finish the real theming.(since the oblivion trains are wider than the krake trains, the krake trains should fit perfectly according to this)

Proof?

Seriuosly?

If you want proof that there was meant to be theming around the track, think this pretty much shows it.

That along with all the press releases and adverts and artwork, even the park map shows it dropping into the mouth. Shame it never happened =(. Hopefully they'll do something, but as I said before, that would require downtime (which could mean refunded/free tickets for dissapointed guests) and money for the mouth alterations and additional construction. The loss in money may not equal the money they'd gain from doing it.

I have no doubt the the original idea was to have the coaster travel through the mouth.

I don't think the side by side comparison or video is proof of anything. The scale of the picture is not the same, look at the width of the tracks for both coasters.

Yes, I think Heide Park will correct the theming/effects. Similar to Hansa Park with Fluch der Novrogod, Heide Park wanted to make sure the ride opened on time. A delayed opening would have been a bigger mistake.

crazywolf88, I created and posted that pic to show a similar effect of dropping down into an anything - open or closed doesn't matter - the effect is a benefit. It had nothing to do with proof However, nothing wrong with wishing and dreaming. Proof, not so much.