TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever Been The Only One On A Ride?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year at WCB I was the only rider on the first boat on Perilous Plunge, I have ridden Xcelerator solo, my first visit to Cedar Point in 2007 I was the only rider on Raptor on Sunday morning during passholder early opening ride time, Grizzly(CGA) at the end of Haunt one night and numerous other rides...

I went to the awesome Disneyland Passholder Christmas Event in late November and it was literally the most awesome thing ever. They had exclusive food, everything was open(which made most of it a walkon) and I got a few "solo rides" most notable being Mr. Toad(my favorite fantasyland dark ride) cause I was literally the only one in an hour. I also got on BTMR once with just my group, but there were technically 8 of us.

I have got it twice in one day. Past winter I went to the Efteling and did that morning the Python all alone. (it was extra sweet because it was the first normal ride with the new trains. So i loved being the first and only one on that time. ) On the end of the day I went on Joris en de Draak. (well the other track had 2 people on it but I guess if it isn't the same track it counts as a alone ride. ) That i really love to do again.

I remember being the only one stupid enough to ride Escape from Pompeii at BGW on a cool day a few years back. Not a smart move, really...but I can't say I really regretted it anyway.

Back working at SFDK I've ridden a lot alone. Boomerang, Kong, Medusa, Roar, V2, Zonga, Tony Hawk, Roadrunner Express, Cobra, Thomas the Tank Engine, Shoreline Express, Thrilla Gorilla, VooDoo, Skycoaster, Ark, Taz Devil, 3D Theater.... yeah I'm going to stop now, you get the idea.

Come to think of it, I believe I was the only person on the train when I did the onride POV of Verbolten during media day.

On a similar note, it was only me and Robb on NTAG last year:

Garbels, what coaster was it that we were the only ones on just before an ERT session a couple of years back?

I think it was a GCI at a Cedar Fair park, but I can't remember!!

Dave

I got to ride Voyage at Holiday World completely alone once. We were there on a day in which it rained most of the days, but due to their awesome weather policy they kept all of the coasters running. Due to this fact, no one was at the park. I got a ride in the front seat alone, then another couple with more people in the car. It was pretty fun even though the ride was bone crushingly rough.

Ive been on Hollywood Tour, a darkride at Phantasialand, alone. The boat stopped in the last scene, because the other boats were still at the station and lifthill (at the end of the ride), so I had to wait for the other boats to go away

No, but once on Bizarro at GADv I was on the train with only three other people. We were all in the front row....None of us made a sound the whole ride. It was a really cool experience.

My dad and I were also the only ones on Bizarro once. We were both in the backrow. It was strange seeing all the empty seats in front of us.

Once I got to SFMM at opening and I rushed straight to Terminator: Salvation. It had only opened about a month earlier, so I was surprised to find an empty station when I got up the stairs. I managed two solo rides in a row in the front seat before other guests began to show up. Definitely something I'll never forget.

At Knott's, the only notable instance was getting my own boat on Perilous Plunge. I still got totally soaked.

At USH, I've managed my own car on The Mummy, my own boat on Jurassic Park, and on my first trip ever through Transformers, I had my own EVAC all to myself. I tell you there's no better way to first experience a brand new blockbuster attraction than with your own private viewing!

There's been plenty of solo trips at Disneyland including Space, Splash, Indy, and Pirates. But the best one was when when a friend and I rode TOT on a rainy day and got our very own elevator to ourselves!

0304091625.jpg.b7ad40fac1dde106a72bfc96d9e00747.jpg