TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Opening day for Raptor at Gardaland

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder is there is any Big Boy Seat on this coaster ?

Of course not! This is Italy, everyone is thin!! lol

But the thing that stumps me is how to they load/unload the trains? People have to get on from both sides, but then how do you get them off in that kind of station?

Yeah I was wondering if there is a seprate loading and unloading area or something like that. It looks like it loads from both sides of the train though.

No

But the thing that stumps me is how to they load/unload the trains? People have to get on from both sides, but then how do you get them off in that kind of station?

I hope the following image will help with that..

To the left and the right of the Danger are the exits (green arrows)

so unloading is get off the train, walk towards the front and exit to the left or right (depending on which side you're sitting.)

Hope this helps

Yeah I was wondering if there is a seprate loading and unloading area or something like that. It looks like it loads from both sides of the train though.

There is no seperate loading/unloading area (it's just one room) and it works perfectly.

If you look closely you can see people on both sides waiting for the train to arrive.

Regarding the forces/smoothness/airtime etc..

Did you read my report? did you see the pictures (hairtime)

pretty sure i've answered that before..

Of course not! This is Italy, everyone is thin!! lol

And no one is old in Italy, or at least they are banished from coaster riding. We were there with TPR last and you weren't allowed to ride the SLC if you were 50 or older, so remember your fake ID if you are in that age group. The ride ops seriously ask.

This coaster looks great, I hope they get some of these in the US, or even better - Australia (the impossible dream); knowing the way B & M's reproduce I'm sure it will only be a matter of time.

The station theming is totally awesome. I also am oddly fascinated with the exposed, above ground track--usually track doesn't lay on top of the floor, it is sunken below, if you know what i mean. The bunker theming totally works!

I was thinking the same. It looks amazing!

Well I am surprised at this. Merlin can theme their rides to a high quality. Raptor looks like a very fun ride. Just hoping that LC12 can turn out even better.

Merlin have shown that they can pull out the stops to come out with a ride that interacts very well with the landscape and theming. This is themed brilliantly but looking at this makes me very angry. Why did they not bother to theme SAW and Th13teen as well as this? Now that they want to theme LC12 as well as Raptor I'm confident the UK will finally be on par with other parks in Europe.

As for the ride itself, wow. Very smooth. Looks to be a very fun ride but not too intense, like Air at Alton Towers. Really like the trains as well.

Look forward to seeing how Krake turns out. Need to get down to Italy again this year!

Brilliant update by the way!

Screw the rotating seats, I want one of these in America right now!

This is looking like an awesome coaster, with some amazing looking themeing! Why can't America's coasters be themed this well?

Not to mention, I love Hanno's amazing photography! It feels as if I'm really there, just by looking at still pictures.

(I first saw Hanno's amazing photo skills during the Mid-America trip last year, those were great!)

Have you heard of Disneyland, Universal, Busch Gardens and Sea World? They theme their rides better than Merlin have done with Raptor.

Most of your parks are 'amusement parks' so that's why they don't theme their rides to the same standard. Our thrill park, Thorpe Park are kind of the same. They don't really bother as they are 'thrill park', but LC12 should change that.

Overall Raptor looks like an amazing ride, lots of hints of 90's Tussauds (now Merlin) style of theming and the ride interacting with the public. Candy has done a brilliant job, John Wardley should be proud (he'll be even happier if she comes out with something even better for Alton Towers).

Hanno,

Your shots are always amazing. I need to meet you so you can teach me how to take awesome pictures of really cool roller coasters. Raptor looks amazing. I'm hoping a US park is thinking about putting one in their park. Hopefully a certain park that sounds like Medar Joint. Great pics!!!! So sick!!

I just wanted to post a "Thank You!" for taking the time to take and post all of these great photos and put together such a concise, awesome and detailed TR for this event. Great pics and great job!

The coaster looks to be incredible in terms of both being a fun crowd pleaser of a coaster and the overall theming, and it looks like B&M has another winner on their hands. I am anxious to see if they ever attempt the rotating seats, but even if not, I forsee this new coaster type as being a big hit for them.

What I really am anxious to know is what USA park will be the first to receive one of these-I would absolutely love to try one out.

Anyone else notice the Vekoma / B&M connection? The OTR's.

Best picture I could find.

I am pretty sure the Raptor restraints are just an update to the flyer restraints, so therefore Vekoma may have "borrowed" the idea from B&M...

Picture supplied from RCDB.com

There is a video camera installed that films you while being on the ride. Not sure about an onride photo point.. although it looked like one point was there but i'm not sure if it was active (yet)