TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Game Exchange "Track of the Week" Contest!

Had to have used 8 cars though....the extended chain and the supports?

I really love it tho man, good stuff as always from you.

Extended chain???

If everyone is talking about the supporting being done with 8cars - it's not. See the quote below (from NE) for how it was done, it's a handy little glitch within RCT2:

You don't need 8cars for floating slanted fences.

Try it out guys!

"MFG"

Fair enough, I will admit to using 8cars to add in the archery sign on the path, 1 roof tile to go over the entrance building and some areas of the foliage.

However, as it hasn't had any effect to the ride itself (it hasnt been hacked one bit) I figured that a little bit of 8cars to make the entry more aesthetically pleasing would have been fine.

I am now aware that no 8cars whatsoever is allowed, not even to the surroundings (which technically aren't meant to be judged ) so if you wish to disqualify me, then do so, as I had fun building anyway, and will come back next round with another entry.

Either that or let me re-submit a non 8cars version (with the archery, 1 roof tile and little bushes removed).

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Track of the week: Junior woodie is now CLOSED! Voting will be updated shortly once I tabluate the answers-

Track of the week for 8/26/11: RCT II B&M Twister- non launched lifthill

Track of the week for 9/2/11: RCT II: MACK BOBSLED.

Good luck to our many competitiors, and start posting your B&M Twisters up to the Games Exchange!

AND- This week, you'll have a shot at a TPR Bag of Crap! GO FOR IT!

Edited by QueerRudie

Congratulations goes to CoasterRollin with his winning track: Little Leaper!

Please send me your address, and your shirt size, so you can recieve your TPR shirt!

Now what are you waiting for? B&M Twisters in RCT II don't build themselves!

A few reminders: Voting gets you more points. More points= bigger scores. Bigger Scores= Track of the week WINS.

So, now I hear "Well, how do I get people to vote?" Well, that's easy:

1.) Post your track in this thread- with a link to the exchange.

2.) Post a link FROM the Exchange to your facebook page- and have your friends vote on it.

3.) Promote it via a link in Twitter to your track in the exchange.

It's that simple.

What I meant by the "extended chain" was the lift hill chain extends into the first segment of the drop for added realism. I thought the only way to pull that off was 8cars, but I could be wrong. Sorry bout that mate.

^ Yeah, it's a glitch or something. On any coaster, the "flat-to-shallow-downward-slope" segment can be a lift hill segment.

Good luck to everyone on the next round!

I was already confused by the voting system, now even more so

Little Leaper, which I voted highly because I thought it was a really nice little layout, got 9 votes and rated 3 stars.

Starflyer got 8 votes and rated 4 stars.

Now, as I didn't get disqualified, I'm a bit confused as to why 3 stars beat 4 stars, especially when there was a similar amount of votes etc. I'm sure there is a logical reason lol, I just don't understand the voting process very well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being funny because my track didn't win, I thought CoasterRollin's track was great, I just want to better understand the voting system

Congrats CoasterRollin.

Here goes my entry for the B&M Twister contest Venoxis, a tight-packed, 10-times inverting thriller.

Riders experience extreme G-Forces while traveling through the never seen inversions.

Here are the screenshots:

SCR10.BMP

Entrance

SCR9.BMP

Twisty Stuff I

SCR8.BMP

Twisty Stuff II

SCR7.BMP

Overview in Rain

This time i added just the track file, so you'll need to Place Venoxis in one of your parks, but i think thats what it's made for, the small layout determines it for the usage in Parks which are looking for a top thriller on small space.

Enjoy!

I was already confused by the voting system, now even more so

Little Leaper, which I voted highly because I thought it was a really nice little layout, got 9 votes and rated 3 stars.

Starflyer got 8 votes and rated 4 stars.

Now, as I didn't get disqualified, I'm a bit confused as to why 3 stars beat 4 stars, especially when there was a similar amount of votes etc. I'm sure there is a logical reason lol, I just don't understand the voting process very well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being funny because my track didn't win, I thought CoasterRollin's track was great, I just want to better understand the voting system

OK: Here's how it works: The earlier you post your track to the Exchange, the better the points value you will get. We use a system multipliers that increases your score the earlier you post. It's why the scores are tabulated by a system. It is also why you can score five stars, with eight votes (For example) two days before the challenge ends and have somebody with a lower star rating and fewer votes win.

We had to find a way to ensure that everybody was having a fair shot- so the system had to be changed due to fraudulent voting. This way is pretty much fool proof. It's another reason we promote two weeks worth of Tracks- so you can be ready for the next challenge. SO:

1.) You get a bonus for the earlier you enter your track.

2.) Promote your track to increase the number of votes you get.

It's that simple.

I don't know if there is a rule against submitting a track after winning the previous round, but either way I wanted to share my efforts with you all even if it can't be counted. I apologize if this seems rushed; I've been busy with marching band and college classes starting back up. I'm fortunate enough not to have any early classes tomorrow, so I was able to put this together tonight.

My Entry: Ibex, View/Download HERE

Just for good measure: Ibex is the name for several species of Capra, or wild goat.

SCR1.BMP

that's very nice CoasterRollin. The colors and structure are a bit bland, but I think you have the best layout.

Unfortunately, life + a little sickness is stopping me from trying this round, which is unfortunate as I love the coaster type.

The layout of CoasterRollin is the most like a B&M, which I like as do most people. Although, tdub96 used scenery and the landscape well. What it comes down to is if CoasterRollin got his in on time for people to rank it high, which I hope they do because I will. I think the colors are fine, though.

Nice way to come off last weeks win, CoasterRollin

I seem to have caught what nin has. This week seems like a great competition and week to be competing in, I regret my lack of particapation

^^ Yeah, fully understand with life (aka college) resuming. I wish I could have spent some more time on it. There's a lot I could have done better. I mean heck, I literally just speed clicked in all the foliage. Some details I left out altogether (i.e., the supports/structure), but I'm glad I was able to get that much done. Thanks for your criticism though.

And thanks for your comments, nin and RCT2day!

The layout of CoasterRollin is the most like a B&M, which I like as do most people.

Including the annoying as hell random trim brake!

Was a good ride though in all seriousness. Didn't remember that you can make the transfer tracks as part of the same ride even though they aren't rideable. Looks great.