TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Game Exchange "Track of the Week" Contest!

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I want you to thank for voting my track at rank 1 about 2 or 3 weeks before.

Unfortunately I was franticaly busy with my exams and didn't found the time to post a reply any earlier.

I was a big fan of "Der Riese", which I'm actually using in one of my RCT 3 parks. (;

Uhm, I'm not so deep into No Limits, in fact I just started fooling little around with the editor since about 2 or 3 days.

Maybe I'm going to try to build at least "anything" but don't await any well-thought-out track.

Why can't you spell out you?

Honestly, it's easier for people to rate the same game track against each other. How can YOU compare a NL track to a RCT2 track? Better yet, a lot of rides aren't in all of the games, so YOU can't even do a contest for all of them.

If you don't like the Track of the Week Contest, YOU don't have to participate. But it's YOUr loss for cool prizes.

Just wait until you hear what the Bag O Crap Winners got.

Guys, it's a Vekoma Flyer (with a B&M layout if you want to be un-nitpicky).

We've got two entries this week that are Inverts. I've edited them to just NL Custom Tracks - not Track of the week entries.

FYI - I am sending out TPR Bags of Crap TONIGHT! If you have won a Track of the Week contest and have not sent me your address, you may lose your opportunity to claim your Bag of Crap. Please check your private messages and your email for instructions.

Thank you!

--Robb

Last week's winner is lankanboy101! Points have been added to your account.

Since participation sucked...partially my fault, we'll go easy this week.

TPR's Game Exchange "Track of the Week" Contest!

Starting Tuesday (June 7th), each track you upload with automatically be entered into our track of the week contest. The track that has been submitted in that week with the highest rating will be featured the following week on the front page of TPR, on TPR's Facebook, and on TPR's Twitter. The winner will also receive a 250 points added to their account. We will change up the type of track/file/game each week, to be uploaded to make it fair and keep it fun!

The sooner you upload your file, the better chance you have of getting more rankings!

This week's "Track of the Week" Contest is:

Game - NO LIMITS

Type - Woodie

Edited by QueerRudie

Throwing my hat into the ring.

http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/images/thumb/2199_a_flyer2-110608153140003.jpg

Mwahahaha.

Edited by A.J.

Two people banned.

Multiple accounts are not allowed per the Terms of Service, especially for skewing the rankings! User and IP deleted to protect the guilty.

June 10, 2011, 6:56 pm Update rank (4) on Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:56 pm Update rank (0.5) on Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:56 pm Update rank (4) on Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:56 pm Update rank (4.5) on Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:55 pm Rank (2.5) on Track 2199

June 10, 2011, 6:55 pm Update rank (4.5) on Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:55 pm Update rank (5) on Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:55 pm Update rank (4.5) on Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:55 pm Download Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:55 pm Rank (4.5) on Track 2196

June 10, 2011, 6:55 pm User Login

^^Those hills lack proper shaping at the tension points (it's jerky on the direction changes) but you have some great banking there! The only glitch was on the switchover (near the end of the ride) where you held the bank over too long, but it was good other than that.

I'm not going to have a submission this week. I was trying to get a good, compact layout like Boardwalk Bullet but using 6-car Millennium Flyers and Newton. It would be a "custom design" with no company label. However, I just couldn't get a good layout without it being too Newton-y. I guess I'm a perfectionist.

^^Those hills lack proper shaping at the tension points (it's jerky on the direction changes) but you have some great banking there!

Thanks; yeah, I know because I removed the option for right-hand handrails, catwalks and wide supports. Apparently, when you do that, it removes the under-support too. Oh well, I did it for aesthetic purposes, not for practicality. It would have looked too messy with all the support structure included. Thanks again.

This week's contest is over!

We unleashed a new way of weighing tracks this week, and secretly tested it out. Mu ha ha ha ha! The earlier you get your entry in, the more weight each ranking you get is (Think the Mitch Hawker alogorithm for his coaster ranking poll)! This was to combat what was another round of a user creating a second account and trying to re-rank tracks in order to win. That being said......

This week's winner is Coasterfreak80! I'll add points, Front Page it, and post the new contest this afternoon!

Edited by mcjaco