TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's New Park Index Now Open for BETA TESTING!

^ This is a project that will continue to evolve forever. Have you tried to use the search? I find it works quite well. There isn't really any other option other than to have the entire list of parks, or to just remove the list entirely and just have a "search" box on an empty screen.

I feel the current set up gives us, as Hannah Montana would say, the best of both worlds.

I'm open to suggestions, but we have already tried several configurations an it turned out to be a less intuitive way to present the information. So we kept it simple...

- An alphabetical list

- A search box

We DO have sort filters on that page as well, bit I think the list or search box is the easiest way to find what you're looking for.

--Robb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Thank you everyone! Keep posting your reviews! Flagg O'Dinn - I'm not exactly sure what the problem you've having is, but I have a hunch it might be because there is an apostrophe in your screen name. This has caused us problems before. I will try to fix this when we get back from Australia.

But anyway, please KEEP POSTING REVIEWS!!!

Just posted a review for Magic Springs. How do you submit a park map?

Also, I noticed that some of the parks don't show ratings in the index, but they do show them on the individual parks page.

One example:

Index.jpg.e251b4a2603273aa313a11f624101378.jpg

Epcot doesn't show ratings while in index...

1718020272_ParkInfo.jpg.4eabb9be8898900bf983210613ea15e3.jpg

but it does on Epcot's page.

How do you submit a park map?

The easiest way to submit a park map right now is to have the picture resized to 800x600 and post it HERE.

In the caption, let me know the park name and year of the map

Also, I noticed that some of the parks don't show ratings in the index, but they do show them on the individual parks page.

This is a function of the park having two names in the Park Index, in this case Disney's Epcot and Epcot. This will be addressed in due time. Disney's Epcot is just a dummy title that takes everyone to the Epcot page.

Edited by larrygator

Awesome! Thank you everyone! Keep posting your reviews! Flagg O'Dinn - I'm not exactly sure what the problem you've having is, but I have a hunch it might be because there is an apostrophe in your screen name. This has caused us problems before. I will try to fix this when we get back from Australia.

But anyway, please KEEP POSTING REVIEWS!!!

Thanks Robb! I had a feeling it was the apostrophe.

Anyways, keep up the good work with the Park Index!

Loving the new features in the park index, and I'm very excited to be able to post park reviews. Really nice work on everything....I like the layout on the park pages too, as everything is neat and organized while providing tons of info! Thumbs way up.

I posted 2 park reviews already as well - one for Cedar Point, and the other for Busch Gardens Europe.

I'm going through and posting reviews of parks that do not have anything yet (that I have been to of course). Some of these include Amusement Park Drive In, Arnold's Park, Boomers, Bowcraft Playland, Calaway Park, Camden Park, La Feria Chapultepec Magico, and Six Flags Mexico.

Hey everyone, thanks for all the reviews so far.

If possible try to rate the parks with a 3 as a starting point. If things are subpar don't be afraid to rate the park lower. If the park far to other parks give it a high rating.

Of course everyone's rating system will vary but when using a 5 point scale the following is a good guide:

5 Stars - One of my top parks, could easily spend a full day here. I would definitely come back and recommend it to friends.

4 Stars - One of the parks I would make a trip to visit again, minor complaints. A majority of the following are better than average: food, landscaping, entertainment, cleanliness, theming, rides.

3 Stars - Some aspects are great but not a complete park or there were some problems. A great coaster or two but lacking in other areas.

2 Stars - A couple of fun things to do, but not a well rounded park.

1 Star - Why did I go to this place, won't go again unless I know the place has changed

I was messing around looking for bugs, and the only problem I found so far is that if I've clicked on one of the links such as "Rides & Attractions" or "Park Guide" on a specific park's page, and then hit the back button to go back to the park's page when I'm done, it skips right through the park's page and takes me back to the park index. It's not the end of the world, but could get a little frustrating if I am someone who wants to look through every one of those links before being finished with that park's page.

I hope that made sense!

My only other suggestion is to put the headings "TPR Rating" and "Member Rating" at the beginning of each letter category on the index, instead of just at the top, because if I didn't look at first and just clicked on a letter at the top of the page to jump to the "S" section, for example, I might not know which is which. Or if I'm browsing for a long time, I might forget which was on the right vs. left. Just another ease-of-use suggestion!

Thanks to the TPR team for all your hard work, this is looking great!

I just submitted a trip report and pictures for hoffmans playland. When I sent the pictures, there was not a selection for "general park pictures". It only had single rides. I have a few shots with several different rides in it, and also general type pictures.

Just suggesting that maybe there be an option for general park pictures, and not just single rides.

I was messing around looking for bugs, and the only problem I found so far is that if I've clicked on one of the links such as "Rides & Attractions" or "Park Guide" on a specific park's page, and then hit the back button to go back to the park's page when I'm done, it skips right through the park's page and takes me back to the park index. It's not the end of the world, but could get a little frustrating if I am someone who wants to look through every one of those links before being finished with that park's page.

I hope that made sense!

This is something we are looking into, others have also pointed this out previously

I just submitted a trip report and pictures for hoffmans playland. When I sent the pictures, there was not a selection for "general park pictures". It only had single rides. I have a few shots with several different rides in it, and also general type pictures.

Just suggesting that maybe there be an option for general park pictures, and not just single rides.

I thank you for the attempt, but are your serious. Your "PTR" is 5 blurry pictures taken from outside the park. That is not the type of QUALITY we are looking to include in the Park Index.

However, I did add the clear Paratrooper photo.

Edited by larrygator

Did you see this error?

Amazing World, Dongguan, Guangdong, China

Americana Amusement Park, Middletown, Ohio, USA

Amusement Park Drive In, Laurel, Montana, USA

And now for something completely different, All over the world <--------------------

Animal Kingdom, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, USA

Antics Land, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Not sure if that's on purpose or if you've noticed this yet.

Added some Aussie reviews too!

^Why do you think it is an error? Did you click on the link? I think it is pretty clear that Robb and Elissa are looking to post there non-theme park travels in one area? I'm sure Robb and Elissa will come up with a better title.

With that said I don't understand why someone would waste their time giving it a rating (which has since been deleted.)

Nor do I understand everyone's fascination with rating (and overating them at that) FECs and crappy parks. I think 9 people have reviewed Adventuredome, which is probably twice as much as any non-Disney park.

When uploading pics to the park index you can only add shots of specific attractions. When I'm researching parks to visit I like to see general park views in addition to the specific attractions. Any possibility of a "general park views" option for the pic uploader in the future?

When uploading pics to the park index you can only add shots of specific attractions. When I'm researching parks to visit I like to see general park views in addition to the specific attractions. Any possibility of a "general park views" option for the pic uploader in the future?

It is a possibility, but not in the near future.

This is one of the reasons we try to be selective in the PTRs that we link to each park, we strive to link more diverse PTR versus ones with just 20 pictures of the same coaster.

That makes sense. Repetitive TR's are a real slog to get through.

We encourage members to continue posting PTRs in their own style, we're not looking to stifle what anyone does, but only the best ones (completely subjective) will be linked to the Park Index as those will make the Park Index a better resource tool.

Larry,

I have a few other TR's that might be useful in the index but they are grouped with two or three other parks (separate posts, same thread) I know in the past it's been preferred to have TR's in their own thread for the index, is that the preferred method or can I submit a few that are grouped with others?

Edited by chadster

Is it possible to add a facebook or twitter address? In addition to the website of the park and the google satellite image. So could facebook / twitter user quickly and easily add the park.

It's just a question. I like the new Index. It´s really informative and it´s fast to find informations. Good done work!