TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's New Park Index Now Open for BETA TESTING!

Hey everyone!

I'm sure by now some of you have seen our new park index. If you haven't, check it out here...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/

Here is what you need all of you to do...

First off - We need PARK REVIEWS! Click on any park on the list, login using your forum username and password, and you can post your own park reviews and rank the park from 1 to 5 stars! We would encourage you to post as many reviews as you possibly can!

Next - You can submit your photos (Max sixe 800 x 600) and trip reports (photos must on on the TPR server) to be included on the park index! Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the "Click here to contribute..." link (or click here: http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/suggest.php) and you can upload your ride photos to the park index, or suggest a trip report that you've written on the TPR forum to be listed under "Trip Reports."

Finally - Help us find BUGS! We need as many people as possible to browse the park index and TRY TO BREAK IT!!! Tell us what problems you find with it, and please let us know if anything is unclear.

Also, if you add reviews to the park index, or submit photos/trip reports, please POST TO THIS THREAD to let us know so we can check it out too!

Ok, what are you waiting for? Start helping us with the NEW TPR PARK INDEX!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/

Thank you!

Your park index moderating team (which really, is mostly Larry!)

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And might I add we want this to be the best resource tool on the internet, so please be seriously with your reviews, making them informative. If you think Park X is the greatest (or worst) park in the world, tell everyone why. Point out what you like or what you don't like, the more information the better.

If possible try to rate the parks with a 3 as a starting point. If things are subpar don't be afraid to rate the park lower. If the park far to other parks give it a high rating.

Of course everyone's rating system will vary but when using a 5 point scale the following is a good guide:

5 Stars - One of my top parks, could easily spend a full day here. I would definitely come back and recommend it to friends.

4 Stars - One of the parks I would make a trip to visit again, minor complaints. A majority of the following are better than average: food, landscaping, entertainment, cleanliness, theming, rides.

3 Stars - Some aspects are great but not a complete park or there were some problems. A great coaster or two but lacking in other areas.

2 Stars - A couple of fun things to do, but not a well rounded park.

1 Star - Why did I go to this place, won't go again unless I know the place has changed

Edited by larrygator

Looks great, but when I press the "Login in to post/ edit your review" button, it brings me to the login screen as expected, but it starts me off at the very bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean. If you click "login to post/edit" it should either post your review when you click submit, or you should be taken back to your review of that park so you can edit it.

There isn't any other option. What exactly are you trying to do? Post a review?

Alright I just put up a review of Nickelodeon Universe. The only problem I saw was that it didn't count down the number of characters I have left when I was typing. Maybe its just on my computer.

Just did reviews for the following parks...

Adventuredome - Las Vegas

Buffalo Bills - Las Vegas

Belmont Park - San Diego

Disney's California Adventure- Anaheim

Disneyland - Anaheim

Knott's Berry Farm - Buena Park

Six Flags Magic Mountain - Valencia

By the way will a "Ride Index" come soon to go along with the park index???

Oh trust me I know you guys are always a step ahead with all the great stuff you do for us but before someone complains about it not being there I just wanted others to be able to read your answer before it begins!

Awesome job guys... Please keep it up because TRP is getting better and better as time goes by.

I've started adding reviews to parks I've visited. To make it easier, I just sorted it by state and am just going down the list. I have posted a review for every operating park in California between Adventure City and Disneyland, and will get to the rest of California and some others later this week or this weekend. So far, it is working great.

Maybe the 500 character limit will help me reduce the length of my trip reports. Currently, they usually consist of about five pages of text followed by ten to twenty pictures.

Looks great, but when I press the "Login in to post/ edit your review" button, it brings me to the login screen as expected, but it starts me off at the very bottom of the screen.

I've been getting this too. For some reason, it auto-scrolls as far down as it can when it opens the page. It's not a big deal since the page is so small, but if it isn't supposed to do this it might be something to look into.

Just adding my two cents...

I love the index! The pictures, the reviews, it's all very awesome! If someone is wondering whether or not a park is worth making a visit to, I know just where to send them!

Two things, though.

I've tried to post my review for Six Flags Over Georgia a few times, but when I visited the page, the review wasn't posted. Is that a technical problem, or do you guys just look at the reviews before they're posted? Also, this is fairly nit-picky, but on the part of the review-writing page where you choose between "Login to Edit my reviews" and "Login to Post my reviews", reviews was spelled "reivews". It's not really a problem, I'm just a grammar Nazi.

If you submit photos they must be resized to 800x600 or smaller? Also, don't just submit photos because you have them, make sure we need them.

If the Park Index is missing photos of a ride or your photos add a unique perspective/view, please submit them.

If your photos are clearly crisper and sharper than the photos in the Park Index, please submit them.

If your photos are blurry and/or duplicative of what already appears in the Park Index, do not submit them, they will not be added.

Remember, we are looking for quality over quantity with photos and Photo Trip Reports.

Just adding my two cents...

I love the index! The pictures, the reviews, it's all very awesome! If someone is wondering whether or not a park is worth making a visit to, I know just where to send them!

Two things, though.

I've tried to post my review for Six Flags Over Georgia a few times, but when I visited the page, the review wasn't posted. Is that a technical problem, or do you guys just look at the reviews before they're posted? Also, this is fairly nit-picky, but on the part of the review-writing page where you choose between "Login to Edit my reviews" and "Login to Post my reviews", reviews was spelled "reivews". It's not really a problem, I'm just a grammar Nazi.

The reviews should go live immediately.

We are stringent on spelling ourselves. I'll have Robb address "reivews" when he returns. Please point out this little mistakes if you notice them.

I do not like when you are looking at coasters pictures and you click the back button to go to the list of coasters it takes you to the home screen for the park. Least that is what it does for me.

Yes, we are going to have the programmer address that in the future, thanks for the reminder.

I think the new index is great. I just posted a review of Walt Disney World. I agree, it's hard to fit all you want to say into those 500 characters.....

Be more selective and stress the most important aspects. Yes, it is more difficult with certain parks but no these are reviews not a thesis.

If you want to focus on only one area of the park that could help you. It's like in school and the teacher tells you the topic for your paper is too broad, be focused.

I like the new layout, it's an improvement from the previous list. But I feel like I'd still have to hunt for a park within a certain state or country as part of a massive list. The TPR and member rating is a neat feature though. As a next step, I approve. But for the future there is definitely more to be done.