TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Texas Giant BASH! - TICKETS NOW ON SALE!

Are you interested in attending Texas Giant Bash?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in attending Texas Giant Bash?

• Yes!!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It's a nice suggestion, but when we already have a forum for that, it would just be one more thing for Elissa and I to have to monitor and respond to...we are overworked as it is!

--Robb

No kidding! I hear you there! There's only so much whack-a-troll that a person can take in a day!

So I would be coming from California for my first time in Texas. Robb mentioning a few people trying to pull off Fiesta Texas on sunday has my mind spinning because I would absolutely love to hit both of these parks in the same trip. Could someone share with me the plans on how this would be happening. Fiesta Texas is 5+ hours from Over Texas how in the world could this be pulled off on Sunday. Also If I am flying back on Monday night from Dallas fort worth could I go along? Thanks

So I would be coming from California for my first time in Texas. Robb mentioning a few people trying to pull off Fiesta Texas on sunday has my mind spinning because I would absolutely love to hit both of these parks in the same trip. Could someone share with me the plans on how this would be happening. Fiesta Texas is 5+ hours from Over Texas how in the world could this be pulled off on Sunday.

You tug really hard...

Anyway, if anyone wants to go, im down for it!

Fiesta Texas is 5+ hours from Over Texas how in the world could this be pulled off on Sunday.

I'm doing part of the drive on Saturday night after ERT. I'm hoping to do 2-3 hours, but it'll depend upon when ERT ends and how wired I am. I don't have a hotel booked for Saturday night, we'll just drive until we're tired and then find a hotel off the interstate. I'm flying in and out of San Antonio though (doing Sea World on Friday), so I don't need to get back up to Dallas on Monday.

This will also be my first time in Texas.

Cameron.

Since ive never been to one of the bashes before, what type of frivolity goes on at these affairs?

That's one of TPR's deepest darkest secrets that's only known by those who attend

Serioulsy, check out some of the TR's from ECB and WCB, they will give you at least some of the details

You can make the trip from SFoT to SFFT in about 4-4.5 hours, assuming no major traffic hiccups (and you don't take speed limit signs literally). If it takes you over 5 you either went through Austin during rush hour or you drive like a grandma.

The speed limit signs along that stretch of road are merely a suggestion. Drive the speed limit, and you'll either get the finger or run over, most of the time, both.

Very true. Loop 1604 in SAn Antonio (the main highway SFFT is off of) has a ton of signs that repeatedly state "Don't slow Texas down! Slower traffic keep right" in addition to the 70mph speed limits. And of course there's this little gem...

^ No word, and to be honest for the event I'm not too worried about it. This is event is all about Texas Giant! Maybe next year we can have "Log Flume #1 Bash!"

haha could you imagine that conversation?

TPR: "Hi, I'd like to set up a special event centered around your log flume #1..."

SFOT: "ehhhhh....wha...?"

Well I just made the journey from San Antonio back to (north) Dallas. In case anyone was wondering, I verified that it took me exactly 4 hours, with no traffic, averaging about 75-80 most of the way. It'd be a long day trip but it's possible.