TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Texas Giant BASH! - TICKETS NOW ON SALE!

Are you interested in attending Texas Giant Bash?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in attending Texas Giant Bash?

• Yes!!!

^But remember Jak, not all of us are 19 and speed demons

For us grown people (30+), it takes around 4 hours to get to A-town, and about another 40-60 mins to get to schlitterbahn, add on another 20 to get to SFFT..

I only drive like 5-10 over AT most, I'm too paranoid about having to pay for a ticket, lol.

Just look at the math...SFOT to Schlitterbahn is 252 miles and when you divide that by just driving 70 mph you get 3.6 hours. It's not that far

-Jake

Wow, I have never gotten there that fast. It's always been at least 5 hours for me from Dallas. But that's because it takes like 2-3 hours to get from Austin to San Antonio with all of the traffic that we always run into!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Waco, between DFW and Austin, I usually drive about 75-80 going up to DFW, and get there in about 1-1.5 hours, assuming I don't hit rush hour traffic. (I may be wrong, but as long as it's not between 7-9 AM or 4-8PM traffic isn't awful) and about 2 hours going to Austin going pretty much 80 the entire way. (It's easier to speed going south, I don't know why...) Anyway, assuming that you go that fast, that's 3.5 hours from DFW to Austin.

I always go straight through Austin when going to San Antonio, and plan for a 3.5 hour trip, (going 80) but usually get there early.

Hope that helps some!

There is always traffic through Austin on 35. It could be 3am on a Sunday and you'll still probably run into bumper-to-bumper backups. Driving through Austin is hell on earth...

huh. I must be the luckiest guy on earth, cause the (albiet only) 2 times I've been though, I've only had to deal with "more cars" but no stopping...*knock on wood*

Yeah I'm actually trying to plan my trip to where I drive halfway to San Antonio that night after the bash event. Then I'll wake up that morning drive the rest of the way to SFFT, and attend the park Sunday before flying home from San Antonio on Monday morning. Does anybody know what a good halfway point would be to stop and sleep between Arlington and San Antonio? I'm thinking somewhere around Waco or maybe even north of the Austin area.

I am new to these forums, glad to be here amongst fellow coaster enthusiasts! I live in the Dallas area and will be attending the opening of the the New Texas Giant on April 22. Hope to see all of you there!!!

For those who are interested, I've been coming to SFOT since 1972. I have many fond memories of the Big Bend before it was removed. I was among the first people to ride Shockwave when it was first completed in 1978. I rode Judge Roy Scream during it's inaugural season. And yes, I rode Texas Giant during it's first weekend of operation back in 1990.

I have ridden The Giant many times since, too many to count. I was saddened when the Giant started to become too rough to ride in it's later years. During it's first years of operation it was an unbelievable ride! Full of intensity, but not rough at all. Sadly, time has taken it's toll on the once legendary Giant. I was overjoyed when I heard about the rehab, but skeptical too. The idea of a steel/wood hybrid was something I hadn't counted on.

But I always keep an open mind, so I was thrilled to hear the first reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Now I will be amongst the first to ride this new thrill machine when it opens to the public on April 22. I am soooo looking forward to this! Hope to see you there!!!

Cross-posting this from the Texas Giant rehab thread

I saw this on Vimeo the other day. http://vimeo.com/21412628 (don't know how to embed this type of video)

I wonder where this person got the b-roll footage, taken from the commercial shoot... Anyways, this makes NTG look so awesome. I need to go and ride it when it opens. Looks insane. On the reverse POV's you can just see the airtime.

Tickets Now On Sale!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/index.php?categoryID=22

TEXAS GIANT BASH!!!

Saturday, May 14th

Six Flags Over Texas

TEXAS GIANT BASH!

- 2 hours of ERT on the New Texas Giant!

- ERT on Titan!

- ERT on Shock Wave

- Q&A Session with Park Management

- And yes there will be FOOD!

- More surprises will be announced soon!

Texas Giant Bash - Six Flags Over Texas

Saturday, May 14th, 2011

Event Ticket Prices

Club TPR Member rates:

Six Flags Season Pass Holder - $30

Non-Season Pass Holder - $55

Non Club TPR Member rates:

Six Flags Season Pass Holder - $35

Non-Season Pass Holder - $60

EVENT DETAILS AND RIDE AVAILABILITY SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!

A final event schedule with more details will be emailed to you prior to the event. You will pick up your tickets at the event during morning check-in.

If you are registering for more than one person, please complete a separate registration for each member in your party. Choose your options and click "add to cart" for the first person, and then come back to this screen again and choose your options and click "add to cart" for each additional guest.

Event Rules & Additional Details

- You MUST be a registered member of either Theme Park Review (have a forum account) or Club TPR (http://www.clubtpr.com) to purchase tickets for this event. Your guests do NOT have to be a registered member of either. You may purchase tickets for your guests at the Club TPR member rate as long as you are a Club TPR member.

*NOTE* If your guest is a past TPR member whos account/membership has been deactivated or banned, they will not be allowed into the event and your account/membership may also be subject to being deactivated or banned and you may also not be allowed into the event.

- Cameras are not allowed on any coasters or rides at Six Flags Over Texas.

- All event participants MUST abide by ALL park rules and Theme Park Review’s/Club TPR's code of conduct and terms of service. Violation of park rules is subject to you and your guests removal from the park and your account being banned.

FAQs

- Q: What do I need to do to attend Texas Giant Bash 2011?

A: Simply register online and your event packets, tickets, and other information will be available the morning of the event. Nothing will be mailed to you. You must pick up your tickets at the event.

- Q: Will you have onsite event registration?

A: Sorry, but no tickets will be available during morning check in. TICKETS WILL BE LIMITED so register NOW.

- Q: I cannot make it to the park before check-in ends or I need to leave before evening ERT, can I still attend the event if I cannot make the entire day?

A: Yes, you may arrive after check-in ends. Your event packet will be left at will call or guest relations under the name of the person who registered. If you need to leave before evening ERT, you may do so, but we hope you can stay because it will be amazing! Please note there are NO REFUNDS given if you cannot make the event.

- Q: How old do you have to be to attend this event?

A: There is no age limit for this event. We will have members as young as KidTums and as old as Jeff Johnson!

- Q: What does "ERT" or "Exclusive Ride Time" mean?

A: ERT means that the rides and attractions listed during those times on the schedule are open ONLY to attendees of this event.

- Q: Can I apply the cost of my event ticket towards a season pass?

A: In the past, our host parks have allowed members to do this. I would imagine it would be the same this year, although we have not heard anything officially.

- Q: What is your refund policy?

A: Once you have paid for an event ticket, there are NO REFUNDS. You are welcome to try to sell your ticket to another member, but it would not be possible to refund tickets.

- Q: If I am mailing in a check, when do you need the payment by?

A: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Until your ticket is "paid", you technically do not have tickets to this event. If the event sells out due to other members who have paid up for their tickets, we cannot guarantee you a spot. The best advice we can give you is pay via PayPal, or drop your check in the mail immediately.

- Q: Does this event price include airfare, transporation, or hotel lodging?

A: No.

- Q: Does this event price include admissiont to the park?

A: If you are a season pass holder, your season pass serves as your park admission. If you are a non-season passholder, you will be given a park admission ticket for the event day.

- If you have any questions about registration you may email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Edited by robbalvey