TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Texas Giant BASH! - TICKETS NOW ON SALE!

Are you interested in attending Texas Giant Bash?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in attending Texas Giant Bash?

• Yes!!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked my hotel! I'll be staying at the Hyatt Place Arlington. Their rate for a regular room is $98/night, which is a pretty good deal once you look at all the extras the hotel offers. My basic schedule is to drive up Friday night, attend TGB Saturday, and visit Sandy Lake Amusement Park Sunday morning or afternoon (depending on how lazy I want to be ). It's going to be awesome! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.

NO dont say this, now we are probably going to get random freezing temperatures and snow/ice!

LOL, we do have some REALLY strange weather. 85 one day, sleet the next. May is one of the Tornado weather months...and hail, maybe we will have a random hail storm like we did at WCB, as long as its small, ours tend to be golf or softball size!!

Ya gotta love north texas weather, one day its bright and sunny, the next its crazy hail, rain and wind. As the great Harold Taft once said, if you dont like the weather in North Texas, wait five mins...not that its going to do so...

Also, It'll be cool actually meeting some people who have something in common w/me, I didn't know we had plenty of ride nerds in our neck of the woods!!

Don't hold me responsible if I'm wrong, but I want to say yes because I believe the only difference between a season pass and play pass at SFOT is that you don't get the coupon book with the play pass.
-Jake

Thanks! I sure hope so! That saves me money! At the parks, they treat the passes basically the same.

I'm TOTALLY IN!!!

Question though, I have a PLAY PASS, not a season pass (though for all intensive purposes, its the SAME!) does that count though for the season pass price?

Don't hold me responsible if I'm wrong, but I want to say yes because I believe the only difference between a season pass and play pass at SFOT is that you don't get the coupon book with the play pass.

-Jake

That, and season passholders have more exclusives like ERT weekends and whatnot.

I'll be getting my dual passes (Park/Hurricane Harbor) for the wife and I processed next weekend. Also, im curious if anyone knows if we'll be hitting any local texmex or BBQ joints during the event?

Also, I signed up for ClubTPR, I await my cool swag in the mail!!

Hotel booked, standby flights booked.

Now my questions begin, how far is

Six Flags Fiesta

Schlitterbahn

From this six flags park, can I make it with a day trip to either or both of those parks?

Hotel booked, standby flights booked.

Now my questions begin, how far is

Six Flags Fiesta

Schlitterbahn

From this six flags park, can I make it with a day trip to either or both of those parks?

SFFT and Schlitterbahn are about five-six hours by car, as they are located in the San Antonio area..

^Plus 20 minutes to put in our dentures correctly, another 10 to down our ensure, 2.5 to change our depends, 30 minutes to let the Vicodin get into the system, (this can be done with our first gulp of ensure, so that saves 10 minutes), 8 minutes to get out the wheelchair, (16 if you include load and unload times), and I can't forget the ever important am I sure I locked the car dance. All in all, that adds about 1.5 hours on to the trip. But if your under 30 you probably don't have to worry about all that stuff. So... ...whatever he said.

Oh My God! You are so right. Sorry, you'll have to excuse me. My mind is slipping in my old age. Wow! So 2 to 2.5 hours extra. Geesh! Seems like minutes in the grand expanse that is my whole life. Ya know, it really is just all down hill after you turn 18. F^@K! I should just put myself out to pasture. You know what? The whole thing isn't even worth the 10 hours of drive time for me. Besides, it's Texas. Why would any right minded individual voluntarily want to go there.

Guy "Ha! See what I did there? I turned that whole thing into a dig against Texas! My comedy genius knows no bounds! Now if only I could incorporate my hatred of cats into this somehow. Then my comedic genius turn in this thread would be complete. Wait! I just did it! Without even knowing I did it! See people! It's not too often that you get to see that kind of brilliance in action! In case you're all wondering, it is OK to bask in my glow. Please bask away. " Koepp

^ and ^^

You BOTH forgot about adding in complaining about the weather, the food being served, the manners of the children (And we'll be surrounded by them...) and how much things cost before grabbing the canes and slowly blocking the pathways so nobody gets by.

Never forget that... Wait. What was I saying? Some soup sounds nice.