TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Texas Giant BASH! - TICKETS NOW ON SALE!

Are you interested in attending Texas Giant Bash?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in attending Texas Giant Bash?

• Yes!!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In-N-Out is opening in Frisco and Allen for people that are interested...

Tomorrow is the big day. Too bad they're on the wrong side of the metroplex for me. I'm waiting for the Ft. Worth, Arlington and Hurst locations.

^Were heading to the one in Frisco 2marrow ..want to do it now because since TGB is Saturday I won't be able to go over there. A reminder, those who are staying in the TPR hotel (Friday) near the park, and are interested, The Rangers are shooting off fireworks about 15 minutes after Angel/Ranger game. Game time is 7:05, baseball is unpredicable but I can imagine right around 10:15pm would be a good time to see them.

Just got the email! While Shockwave ERT at night is nice, my experience is the ride has been basically walk-on throughout the day so you can probably get your fix in on it at night before the park closes then ride NTG all night

Also, I just now reserved a room at the TPR hotel, they are still had rooms at the TPR rate.

Can't wait to see everyone there!

-GG

Just got the email! While Shockwave ERT at night is nice, my experience is the ride has been basically walk-on throughout the day so you can probably get your fix in on it at night before the park closes then ride NTAG all night

Agreed...but I know Shockwave is a favorite for a lot of people...how could we not include it?

Hey TPR, extra kudos, I've been watching the weather and see you have managed to get rid of those Thunder storms and horrible high 80's and made it into a nice sunny high 70's day which works best for me. I guess like the ERT, it may be subject to change, but I keep the faith anyway

I'm going to try to swing by on friday eve to say howdy for a little bit, def. be there throughout saturday. One thing of note gang: Even though its going to be in the mid-high 70s on saturday, you def. need to both put on plenty of sunscreen, as the NoTx sun can beat down on you if you stay out in it all day, not to mention wear a hat as well. I know, im sounding like someones mom here, but the #1 emergency issue at SFoT is overheating/exhaustion at the park.

The weather does indeed look to be great, now a high of 75!!! Wow!!!

I am curious of how they will handle ERT on NTG. Hopefully they do have all three trains running which is likely since it should be crowded that weekend, like Robb said. Also, in previous Giant ERT events there was never a line and you could sit and ride over and over, of course not many people ERT'ed it due to the roughness and were on other coasters instead. Now I'm sure it will be packed. NTAG has a very long exit cue, I hope we don't have to walk it after every ride, will be nice if they let us exit back into lines. ERT on Titan has been 50/50 on walking the queue after each ride, some years we had to other years we could sit on, but its exit/entrance queue is very short.

Regardless of how it works out, its gonna be a blast!

I second Chrisdanger advice, wear sunblock if you burn! Drink lots of water, any place that serves drinks will give you free cup of ice water, just ask.

-GG

P.S. I'm all in for Waffle House... Texas Cheesesteak Sandwich and a Waffle, yum yum!

I'm thrilled about how the weather is looking. Need a nice weather coaster event. West Coast Bash was a great time but the rain hurt on X2!

Can't wait for this weekend. Played hookie from work today because I got smacked by a line drive at a softball last night. Could have worked but I wanted to rest up and recooperate for the weekend.

And definitely getting a flash pass, first time visit and it's a Saturday, I don't want to miss out on any rides.

I've started the thread below so anyone going to TGB can post if they are interested in Flash Pass. That way you guys can all start to communicate and see if anyone else is interested in joining your group. The more people that get one, the cheaper it will be....

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59081

I'm so excited, today at work was pure torture!

I'm kind of more excited to be suprising my daughter though. She's clueless. I told her she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and she might get shots. I'll pick her up from school at noon and drive straight to the airport, she has no idea.

^That's really awesome! She's going to be super surprised now!

I think KT is more excited about our layover in Utah than actually going to Texas...she just keeps going on and on about Utah and how next time we have to spend longer there and not just go to the airport, and how we should go when there's snow again!

I told her she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and she might get shots.

Horrible! Horrible! Mean! Mean! Mean! But completely awesome!

Edited by robbalvey

I'm so excited, today at work was pure torture!

I'm kind of more excited to be suprising my daughter though. She's clueless. I told her she has a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon and she might get shots. I'll pick her up from school at noon and drive straight to the airport, she has no idea.

Now that is an awesome surprise! How far into the trip before you tell her what's going on?