TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Ride at Universal Orlando?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think I would have such a hard time choosing a favorite from either park, but everytime I visit, I never have a bad time. I guess I'll just go through each ride and give a brief opinion. Starting with USF, I recently got myself on HRRR. I actually never read many reviews before hand, and I loved the ride. It's not one of my favorites, but I thought it was solid (I got no shakes) and I had a great ride. T2 has a great premise, but it seems to lose its action towards the end. Simpsons was a ton of fun! It was hilarious, and a welcome replacement for BTTF (Though I do miss BTTF, it was just as good a ride). I never pass up MIB, it is a really enjoyable ride. Even the queue is awesome! Jaws still scares the poo poo out of me, but it's all in good fun. Disaster is still a really fun ride, but I think it's just an over-exaggeration of Earthquake, which I thought was fine. Mummy is just epic. Dark ride? Roller coaster? The answer is simply a very fun ride (also, the perfect ride to trick non-coaster riders onto). Twister was one of my first major rides. The dropping floor at the end always gets me. I cannot imagine the park without it. I hate the characters of Jimmy Neutron, but the ride was really well done and beautifully animated. I will miss it and the many Nicktoon cameos. Honestly, Shrek 4d is my least favorite ride at the whole resort. The moving seats were not impressive, and the 4d aspect did little to "wow" me. I think that ride should go, not Jimmy.

I don't like beefy posts, so I'll try to make IOA shorter. Hulk is simply awesome, a top 10 coaster for me. Dr. Doom is a standard S&S shot. If it were combo, I'd love it more. Spiderman is probably my favorite non-coaster at the park. Dudley Do Right was a great flume, I loved the drop. I haven't ridden Popeye in ages, so I don't remember much of it. Love River Adventure, but it doesn't scare me anymore. Pteradon Flyers, the line is not worth it, but I got the credit. Forbidden Journey was awesome and revolutionary, but I still prefer Spidey. Dragons Challenge is simply awesome! I love both sides, but I prefer Fire (or whatever its called now). Cara-Seuss-cel is very clever, but a standard carousel. Cat in the Hat was fun when I was a kid, but it lost its touch on me. Goodbye childhood.

So, based on writing this post, I think my favorite ride is The Incredible Hulk. VERY CLOSELY followed by:

Spiderman

Dragons Challenge

Disaster

HRRR

Dudley Do Right

IOA

Coaster: Fire - one of my fav coasters in general. Just seemed crazier than some of the other B&M inverts.

Water: Popeye & Bluto - I don't really like getting soaked, but this is the funnest water ride I think ever, and totally worth it!

Dark Ride: Spiderman (I haven't ridden FJ yet). Always smile ear-to-ear on this ride and feel like it never gets old.

Studios

Used to be Back to the Future (was always the first ride that popped in my head when thinking about Universal), but I guess I'll go with MIB. Haven't been there since the Simpsons/HRRR opened.

Man, now I want to go back to Universal!

Dueling Dragons Fire (Ice is awesome too). I really like how it had 2 immelmann inversions and going right over Ice in the zero g roll.

Speaking of Duelling Dragons Fire, Do you know why Fire Dragon is a one of a kind UNIQUE B&M Inverted Coaster, I "think" its still holds this unique record still today, Answers on a postcard please

Universal is just awesome, I absolutly love both parks(Cant wait to go back in 6 weeks) but to choose a personal favourite out of all of the rides is hard, I would probably Say The Mummy Ride in Universal, good thrills, good fun, good suprises, could ride it nearly all day. In IOA I would probably go for Spiderman, Its so incredible how it works, and it such great fun too, the simulated drop at the end still gets me every time.

Hopefully my opinions will change soon when I go back, looking forward to Harry Potter Land and Forbidden Journey, and Rip Rocket Ride

Revenge of the Mummy, Rock It and Men In Black are my favorites at the studios. Mummy is one of my favorite rides anywhere. I could ride it all day and never get tired of it.

Ripsaw Falls, Spiderman, and Dragons are my favorites at IOA. I liked Forbidden Journey even though I'm not very familiar with anything Harry Potter, but it made me slightly motion sick. I absolutely love Seuss Landing as a whole.

• 2 years later...

Spiderman hands down for me! So much better than Transformers in my opinion. Spiderman keeps that superhero feel that everyone has as a kid.

As far as coaster, I got to say Hollywood Rockit, and not just because I work at it but because it has good airtime and you get to listen to music. Hidden song list please!

For the Studios my favorite roller coaster is Mummy. I love the dark ride portion and just full of all around fun. my favorite non-roller-coaster is MIB. I absolutely LOVE this ride, full of surprises, competition, thrill, and just an absolutely perfect ride for what it is. For IOA its hard. I probably have to go with Spider-man for the overall ride. The first time I rode it I was in awe with the finale. It blew my mind, the story the thrill the technology, but that drop though.

For me its Forbidden Journey. Best queue I've ever been in, greatly themed area and the ride experience is fantastic. All the die-hard Potter fans I was with loved it and I did too.

Simpsons, HRRR, Hulk, Dr. Doom and Mummy get honorable mentions.

Also I'm probably in the minority here but I find the Spiderman ride to be outdated and overrated. I just wasn't impressed with it to be considered the best ride in the park when I went on it. I'm not even sure if it would be in my top 10. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I just am curious why people love this ride so much.

I think the best ride overall at the Universal Resort is the Adventures of Spider-Man. Even in its older version, I still preferred it to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. As for the Studios park, the best ride is Revenge of the Mummy, followed by Men in Black.

Fire Dragon - the camelback plus the weird twisty thing after makes up one of my favorite coaster moments. Plus the little flip before the brakes. If only they still dueled and weren't Harry Potter themed.

^The lack of dueling has diminished a great ride. I still enjoy "Dueling Dragon Challenge" (it's still an excellent B&M invert), but it just isn't the same, anymore.

Dragon Challenge (Fireball). One of my favorite moments on any ride is the turn after the second Immelmann. I just hope to go back soon and visit the park again. It was so busy the last time I went and didn't get to do much rides as I was hoping too.

I love all of universal so to chose one ride is near impossible for me! I guess if I were to go by parks (excluding Forbidden Journey)

IOA- Spider-Man. It was the first of its kind when it came out and it is still one of the best.

Runner up- Dragon Challenge. I can't make my mind up on which is better since I only rode each side once, but both sides are outstanding. Just wish I could have ridden it dueling :/

Universal- Revenge of the Mummy. I kinda ruined the ride by watching videos of it and researching it before I rode it, but it is by far my favorite indoor coaster. With all of the special effects and animatronics it is outstanding!

Runner up- Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket. That vertical lift and noninverting loop! If it wasn't for those elements this ride would be low on my list. The air in the non loop is so great!