TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure Springs Mt Vernon [RCT2]

bgwwww.thumb.jpg.01b9484fa7cd3fc479fbfdfa0f571396.jpg

Dotro: While I see what you mean about the balance, keep in mind this is a timeline park which means you never know what could pop up in that area. Plus, there only needs to be one side-building for storage, or whatever theme parks do. (In this case, Busch Gardens Williamsburg). Right now it's a bunch of hills and trees on the right, so I think it seems balanced and full, in my eyes.

@Mcjaco: Thank you!

@CC9:

Thank you!

-Braztaz

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K&M: Thank you! And yeah, I agree about the colors....

-----

Taking advantage of Virginia's beautiful landscape, Adventure Springs' new section boats two new attractions on the other side of a fantastically themed bridge overlooking the Virginia canopy.

ADVS1987.jpg.dea6107e8eed78325ba4d90ad0c5fb0f.jpg

Standing at 330 feet tall, "Spring Cabin" is a rotating observation tower that gives guests the view of a lifetime. On a clear day, Mount Vernon is visible from the top of this massive structure, new for the 1987 season. Also new is our "Tilt-A-Whirl", great fun for the whole family.

ADVS1987(2).jpg.d41ce98433b5b168dbb1ac26f032bc13.jpg

Both attractions are due to open when Adventure Springs opens for the 1987 season on April 10th.

Word has it that 1988 will bring Adventure Spring's next revolutionary thrill ride...roller coaster or flat, who knows....do you have any guesses?

Adventure Springs is located off of Route 1, just 5 miles outside of Mount Vernon in Fort Belvoir. Joint tickets between Mount Vernon and Adventure Springs are available, season pass to Adventure Springs does not include unlimited visits to Mount Vernon.

-----

What do you guys think?

-Braztaz

Okay deleted the oberservation tower piping and make replace it with roto drop tower piping and merge the oberservation tower car to the roto drop tower. I tried that once and it look really good,but recolor it white or gray.

Thanks to everyone!

---

BALTHASAR MANOR

This season at Adventure Springs, guests will find themselves flung into an old 1500s style manor which has been rumored to be dangerously haunted. After boarding old-fashioned style splash boats, guests rise up 75ft right into Balthasar Manor, and realize just how haunted it really is. After a few surprises within the manor, guests exit the large structure and take a turn back around, giving them a great view of the park. After passing through a watch-post, which will hold frighteningly realistic skeletal remains on the side, they are dropped down 70ft into an epic splashdown finale.

The pinnacle of the manor can be seen at various points around the park, creating a more "complete skyline".

Along with Yorktown Siege, Jetstream, and Adventure Springs' various other family and thrill rides, Balthasar Manor will find itself right at home with the perfect blend of family fun and thrill.

Adventure Springs is located off of Route 1, just 5 miles outside of Mount Vernon in Fort Belvoir. Joint tickets between Mount Vernon and Adventure Springs are available, season pass to Adventure Springs does not include unlimited visits to Mount Vernon.

advsmanor.jpg.47b994f2f7db0f63d4cd04bcc50f5bc7.jpg

Well, I'm happy to say that feedback from the ride has been EXTREMELY positive. Walking around with my clipboard as usual on opening day, I heard nothing but great things. The only negative thing I've heard was complaints that we haven't gotten a new coaster in 3 years.

Oh well, I'm still extremely happy with the results from this ride and seeing the reactions of guests inside the Manor from the fire effects and other surprises. It's always a great way to pass the time!

-----

-Braztaz

I love the ride so far,but I see that you are missing one piece of fencing at the bottom of the screen. Is that a guest in the water or something? Overall it's great.

Edited by QueerRudie

B.AB: The missing fence piece is where the bridge is located

CC9: Thanks!

Tdub: Whoops. Thanks though!

Dotro: Thanks Dotro. What do you think of this, improvement?

----

Here's another shot of Balthasar Manor from the back, revealing the theming within the queue. The backside is supposed to represent the remains of the once-great manor, before infiltrated with ghosts.

advsmanor2.jpg.e228f66a4ca01cf016b8da8b17393503.jpg

I was referring more to the area near the flat. The pink castle fences miexed in with the white path fences and then the 2 fences near the ride.

But I'm VERY glad to see that this park is landscaped.

Few more concerns: (yes I'm such a perfectionist)

The bridge looks too thin to support peeps. Maybe lower the curved spaced by 1 space and then put a brick block on top of the curved spaces to make the bridge look more sturdy.

Also that dumpster seems to be for super humans? If that is a dumbster which I'm guessing it is.

Just my personal preference but I think the backstage areas would be much better off with grey tarmac rather then dirt. Since it's out of the sight of peeps anyways.

I was referring more to the area near the flat. The pink castle fences miexed in with the white path fences and then the 2 fences near the ride.

But I'm VERY glad to see that this park is landscaped.

Few more concerns: (yes I'm such a perfectionist)

The bridge looks too thin to support peeps. Maybe lower the curved spaced by 1 space and then put a brick block on top of the curved spaces to make the bridge look more sturdy.

Also that dumpster seems to be for super humans? If that is a dumbster which I'm guessing it is.

Just my personal preference but I think the backstage areas would be much better off with grey tarmac rather then dirt. Since it's out of the sight of peeps anyways.

Sorta gonna go on a little rant here. I can see where you're going with some of that stuff, but it's his park, give him a little creative leeway.

Sorta gonna go on a little rant here. I can see where you're going with some of that stuff, but it's his park, give him a little creative leeway.

And there you have it folks.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dotro: I decided to switch the bridge back to a boardwalk-type path, which looks better. And I'll reduce the size of the dumpster.

Mcjaco&CC9: Thanks for the creative support, but I'd probably be no where near where I am without Dotro. But I do like room to breathe

----

We are very excited to announce some exciting new changes coming to Adventure Springs for the 1989 season!

Throughout the month of May, surrounding schools may sign up for an all-day field trip to Adventure Springs Mt. Vernon for students studying either Virginian history, the Revolutionary War, or even government.

When students unload to the bus, they will be directed straight to the Colonial VA area, where the attractions there will be incorporated into their lesson in co ordinance with their teachers. The two 1700s-style church tours, colonial house tours, interactive colonial farms and themed ride experiences will go along with an educational packet they receive to fill out and return to their teachers. They are required to take part in all of the tours and attractions, with the only optional ones being Yorktown Siege and Waveswinger (since some people are scared of having fun!). The event starts at 10:00AM, park opening, while students are require to stay within the Colonial VA area until either their packet is done or when 2:30PM rolls by. They then (at 2:30) can view a special presentation of colonial life set up by hired actors and performers. Once the presentation is over, they are free to do whatever they want in any area of the park, including riding Jetsream, Balthasar Manor, Rickety Ranger, or the water park.

This event is in coordinance with the school staff, as they can take away any event they please.

advs1989(1).jpg.84c01c30fe468d3f0e70ad2737564426.jpg

Here you can see one of the church tours and the colonial house tour.

advs1989(2).jpg.74976405c63c8378110efabe55c32697.jpg

Grabbing a bite to eat at the Colonial Eatery is also an option.

Due to this great new addition, we are proud to announce that starting May, Adventure Springs will be open every day, including weekdays, all the way until labor day, nearly doubling the days of operation.

But that's not all... many have been complaining how our waterpark hasn't received any new additions since 1984. We hope our newest addition, opening in June, will help ease the complaining...

BLACKDIAMOND.jpg.91156e2bd7dbbbe07b98cf89bd29e893.jpg

Standing at 65ft tall, this triple-tube speed slide is only for the real thrill seekers. As you reach the front of the line, heart-pounding and nerves racing, you have three options; Take the slide on the right or the left, with a mix of twists and steep drops, or take the one straight down the middle...a 65ft darkened plunge straight back down to earth, at one of the steepest angles a water slide can endure. The slides are currently about to finish construction stages, so stay tuned for a look at the final product!

advs1989.jpg.b766ba127e6df50c6cbc6ed9ca60c697.jpg

The enclosed queue will give guests the feeling of an unsafe, rickety atmosphere...though we ensure that you are 100% safe and out of harm with our cutting-edge technology.

The slide will be easily viewed from the parking lot and the majority of the drive up Adventure Springs Pkwy.

Adventure Springs Mt. Vernon will open for the 1989 season on Friday, April 14th. It will only be open on weekends until Monday, May 1st. Black Diamond Falls will open on Friday, June 16th...just when a lot of the Virginia Schools let out for the summer.

We hope you are as excited as we are.

-----

-Braztaz

What do you guys think? Leave a comment, even if it's good or bad!

This isn't really an update, but I really need some opinions on this.

First, I wanna know which is better for the lift hill supports, the ones closer to the drop or the ones further to the bottom of the lift?

And also, the corkscrew to the left uses Impulse track and the corkscrew on the right uses Giga track...which one do you prefer??

SCR314.BMP

Towering 75ft in the air and reaching speeds of nearly 50MPH is Carnivora, the brand new suspended swinger at Adventure Springs Mt Vernon.

advs1990.jpg.986397a8e718c500a17a72c2b1a5bd73.jpg

Carnivora opens with the park for the 1990 season on Friday, April 6th. Swinging through the forests of Virginia has never been so fun! Located in the "Eastside" section of the park with Balthasar Manor, it spreads the crowds out from Yorktown Siege and Jetstream.

More pictures coming soon...

-----

What do you guys think?

-Braztaz