TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure Springs Mt Vernon [RCT2]

Well, I discovered a way to make to increase the map size of my original park, so I decided to go back and just use that but now on a 200x200. (Used to be 120x120) I'm still reconstructing some of the buildings like the ones I showed you, though. Since it's spring break for me expect a lot of updates including the timeline starting back up with all the original coasters.

-Braztaz

Can't wait!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm finally back on track with the timeline. But things have been switched around...the location of the park has been switched to Fort Belvoir, VA...which is just 5 miles away from Mount Vernon, which is the mansion that George Washington resided in back in the 1700s. It's a huge tourist attraction right near Washington DC, and so I thought it'd be more fun and interesting to switch the location of the park to here. So, let's finally get another update!

-----

994561121_ADVENTURESPRINGSYEAH.jpg.1840a7b62e3893fedb6b0c0638d6d90b.jpg

Grab a mat, two friends, and race down this 45-foot speed slide made for thrills of all ages! "Aqua Racer" will debut at Adventure Springs for the 1984 season across from Tidal Zone, along with the brand new "Cool Breeze Café", which will offer guests smoothies, wraps, and a place to cool down.

advs11.jpg.773e2b694022e284d09ad47bd4b8495b.jpg

Aqua Racer

advs12.jpg.8509c2931f2e9ad62b0513c3ea1076fd.jpg

Cool Breeze Café

Construction is still in progress.

Adventure Springs is set to open for the 1984 season on Friday, April 6th with Jetstream, Rickety Ranger, Pirate Ship, Scrambler, Spring Wheel, and the other flat rides all operational. Aqua Racer, Cool Breeze Café, and Tidal Zone will open on Memorial Day Weekend.

Adventure Springs is located off of Route 1, just 5 miles outside of Mount Vernon in Fort Belvoir. Joint tickets between Mount Vernon and Adventure Springs are available, season pass to Adventure Springs does not include unlimited visits to Mount Vernon.

----

-Braztaz

@PSi: Thanks for the advice!

@CC9: Thanks, man!

What I'm going to do is have only one update for the smaller additions, but multiple updates & announcements for the larger attractions...here it is, one of Adventure Springs' FIRST major new addition!

---

In coordinance with the management of Mount Vernon, Adventure Springs is pleased to announce a brand new themed section in the back of the park behind Jetstream: "Colonial VA" is set after Virginia in the 1700s and will boast multiple new attractions, including a brand new Waveswinger. The old Waveswinger was deemed a hazard and crews were unable to restore it; it lays in pieces in a storage shed way back behind the park. We are very exited to bring back this old memory.

advsannouncement.jpg.3590567701e3f923de553ee8516cf9e3.jpg

Also included in the addition is an outdoor "museum", if you will, that showcases an authentic colonial Virginian farm; with workers, tools and more. More information o that coming soon.

But the biggest of them all is yet to be announced. It will stand over 50 feet taller than Jetstream, making it the tallest structure in the park. Who would like to guess what our new star-attraction will be? More hints will come in the following days...

Adventure Springs is located off of Route 1, just 5 miles outside of Mount Vernon in Fort Belvoir. Joint tickets between Mount Vernon and Adventure Springs are available, season pass to Adventure Springs does not include unlimited visits to Mount Vernon.

Nice park so far, I love that Arrow. Although I feel those supports after that turn drop, should be change. Most Arrows used supports like that on there Lifts and maybe an over bank turn if needed. I am just pointing that out, becuase I feel it unrealistic. Everything else looks great though.

"Welcome... to Yorktown Siege. Yorktown Siege is a highly aggressive thrill ride with extended periods of positive and negative G-Forces, modeled to represent the troubles of an American soldier stealthy maneuvering through the dense forests of Colonial Virginia. Please keep arms and legs inside the ride vehicle at all times during your journey and hang on tight..."

Those are the words riders hear as they climb 120ft into the air on the massive wooden structure brand new to Adventure Springs Mount Vernon for the 1985 season. Located in a new area themed to Colonial VA, Yorktown Siege drops riders 115ft down into the forests of Virginia at a 55 degree angle, one of the steepest drops in North America. Built by Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc., it will debut on the park's opening day; April 12, 1985.

1ys3.jpg.e84b5551636849d149ea877274cf4c29.jpg

Roaring along over 4,000 feet of track, Yorktown Siege is sure to scare the living daylights out of even the craziest thrill junkies.

1ys4.jpg.ab712cfbda4712e89ea1645089c1ef14.jpg

Packed with high speed turns and airtime hills, you'll be left begging for more.

1ys1.jpg.ab2eb2fa39e303b1e8773b0b17540068.jpg

Note from Braztaz- ignore the entrance/exit huts, they will be fixed!

Colonial VA provides a whole different experience- enjoy the park's new Waveswinger, and a giant exhibit showcasing what it was like to be on a Colonial Farm.

1ys2.jpg.41e44cbd0a134da33fdb5a00b8f86cd0.jpg

Be sure to make a visit to Adventure Springs Mt. Vernon, and see if you're brave enough to conquer Yorktown Siege!

---

-Braztaz

July 1985

Wow... this past season has been crazy. Sorry to not write to you as often as I should, but my schedule is jam-packed ever since Yorktown Siege opened up.

Opening day was the most crowded we have ever seen the park. Lines for Yorktown Siege got up to 2 hours long, while our 2 other coasters managed up to an hour. I was out and about the park with a clipboard receiving some feedback from the guests....

advs17.jpg.a44de7f5f9ffe99e439fd94c4cf728bc.jpg

Half of them enjoyed the surprise headchopper effect of the dark tunnel in the finale of the ride the most...

advs16.jpg.69d575bb2fb847868ff3687dc1c03af0.jpg

While the other half enjoyed the ride's first helix and airtime hills the most. I'm indifferent with both, but this element provided some of the best airtime I've ever received in its first half. But, the return trip home contains more gradual airtime....

All I know is, the ride just can't be beat at night. You can't even see the track in front of you!

While the ride's first month went great, in May the ride's operating program had trouble with the three-train system, causing frequent downtime and many angry guests. This has continued all the way through July as we try to work things out. We apologize for any inconvenience this may bring.

advs15.jpg.55c2047f475f1d4883ae6469e38824bf.jpg

But if it's closed, you can still check out the rest of Colonial VA...and ride Jetstream, of course!

advs14.jpg.560ce2f755cbc6e0da33887aa1d9477b.jpg

I love how the trees have started to grow in!

Come visit us soon!

----

So, what do you guys think? Should I keep this style of updating, or is there not enough interest in the park? I love to hear you're comments and opinion, it'as really the only thing that makes RCT2 worth it.

-Braztaz

I don't mind the consistent updates. However, I have found that it is much more difficult to do a timeline park for rct2 than it is for the third game, after a while the pics get a bit repetitive due to the lack of other camera angles. However, you seem to be doing just fine, keeping most shots new and different. So props for that.

You've got a ghost object in there

@Tdub: Yeah, I agree...but thanks!

@Dotro: I went for a small "cabin"or "traditional" feel, kind of a sense of calm before the big thrill.

@RD:

I've been doing some work on the outside of the park, what do you think? Anything I should take out or add?

SCR299.BMP

---Braztaz

advs19.jpg.b55fc2207690ac2d2a4bd7c65ca0f345.jpg

Ahh....after a long off-season, it's great to take the exit ramp off of Route 1 after seeing this sign! While the only "ride" drivers can see from the highway is Yorktown Siege just barely cresting over the treetops in the distance, I'm sure it won't stay that way for long.

advs18.jpg.f17745b430bb7f806278fec4de5945bc.jpg

When the line just to get in the parking lot is long, it's unbearable!

advs20.jpg.b1b230afbc79e63f4af3fea55b8541da.jpg

New for the park this year is the "Ruthless Rapids" water ride. Although not located in the waterpark area, it'll still get you soaked! Great for the whole family and cooling off on those hot summer days.

advs21.jpg.b0d7d58db7c4c15cfd3520f4f71b45b1.jpg

Yorktown Siege now operates with a two-train maximum, with red and orange still running smoothly. The yellow train sits in a storage thread. But it's still a wild ride!

-Braztaz

^ Balance? He's blacked out half the picture, how can you even tell?

I like it. Realistic, because not everything is "balanced," and believable.

I meant Balance as in the drive-through building. It looks empty on the right side without anything to support it.