TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure Springs Mt Vernon [RCT2]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek: Agreed, and thanks!

CC9: Also agreed thanks!

funkymon: Well, I made this long post last page but I didn't really expect any of you (except CC9, you're awesome!) to read it. In summary, the original owner was forced to resign because the company didn't like where he was heading with the park. Now there's new owners, everything's becoming much more corporate, and they're main focus is converting the park into a thrill zone.

Dotro: Thanks man!

This update will feature two years.

-----

JETSREAM, the park's Arrow looper, is set to retire JULY 23, 2000.

Constructed in 1978, Jetstream was one of the world's first multi loopers. In recent years, it's been known to give an extremely rough ride, and it's been overshadowed by more modern loopers located in nearby parks. But on Sunday, July 23rd, 2000 after 22 years, Jetstream will retire after flipping millions of riders upside down for decades.

The 2001 attraction is set to be it's replacement, which will revamp the entire entrance area of the park.

-----

INVECTUS.jpg.f0892fa9bf024d8923a6bbba25f183ef.jpg

Debuting on the main midway at Adventure Springs, INVECTUS will shoot you up 155ft at nearly 60mph...only to fall back and do it over again...3 more times!

advs2001.jpg.214fe79e8aa472cb4e383d5fb3bdba8f.jpg

With the new area's revamp, it really took away the 1920s, traditional feel of the park...only a few more sections still have that '20s feel. But a 155ft Intamin Impulse should be a very nice apology!

advs2001(20.jpg.02c4df3bf2dc50e9a307aac527709773.jpg

Adventure Springs is located off of Route 1, just 5 miles outside of Mount Vernon in Fort Belvoir. Joint tickets between Mount Vernon and Adventure Springs are available, season pass to Adventure Springs does not include unlimited visits to Mount Vernon.

-------

So what do you guys think? More pictures to come soon! Love to hear all of your comments!

-Braztaz

One itty-bitty-teenie-weenie criticism...

In the first screen posted- you call the ride Invectus...

(wait for it...)

In the last screen, the sign in front of the ride reads 'Invective'

(Otherwise- REALLY digging the color scheme for it- it 'pops' off the picture plane, and adds some color to the area!)

And yes- pm me on how to do custom supports within RCT II; my Giga-lite coaster for RLP Milwaukee is in DIRE need of it!

R.D.

^It's pretty easy, but it took me a while to get used to them. Just go to a park like Six Flags Santa Fe and looks at the pieces that he used, and try to put some together and experiment with them. Then build a ride and see if you can put something together!

Also, just one more of shot Invectus and it's completed area.

advsinvectus.jpg.97f5c69021bb7dede8142299932b208d.jpg

What do you think of the entire revamped area?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I broke up the path with some planters an am planning on adding a games building.

----

The new addition at Adventure Springs in 2002 is sure to make a splash!

The first waterpark expansion since Black Diamond Falls in 1989 will include three new slides and a food bar.

advs2002(1).jpg.2f5337877cfbe696fe5a11d6dbfa6dd4.jpg

"Cyclone's Crest" are the two colorful speedslides in which riders get in a giant tube and slip they're way down. Pick two sides.... Hurricane (blue and white) or Typhoon (red and black) and race down 60ft with your friends.

A bright red children's slide has been added as well for the young ones.

The new food court and eating area serves cheese fries, burgers, drinks, and hot dogs.

Adventure Springs' waterpark now contains 10 waterslides and a giant wave pool! With our 5 other coasters and multiple other thrill rides, Adventure Springs continues to further put itself on tourists' maps, and has become a very hot destination with their group sales with Mount Vernon.

Adventure Springs is located off of Route 1, just 5 miles outside of Mount Vernon in Fort Belvoir. Joint tickets between Mount Vernon and Adventure Springs are available, season pass to Adventure Springs does not include unlimited visits to Mount Vernon.

---

What do you guys think? I wouldn't rule out more waterpark expansion in the near future! Love to hear your comments as always!

-Braztaz

^Thank you!

------

Here's some more pictures.

advs2001(3).jpg.755d8ca5b6060d5fc81e2e7b3e690510.jpg

It's great fun for the kids.

advs2002(2).jpg.35455ec9a11f3c7af27f779e8508195d.jpg

They serve really good burgers here!

Attendance has steadily gone up since the addition of Thermoclimb in 1999. Due to this new addition of the waterpark, guests are more evenly spread out from the coasters. This turned out to be one of the best things the park could ask for!

And for the 2003 addition, I've hard that it's an Intamin. Construction markings are popping up in the pathway behind Carnivora and Forest Fire, and it doesn't look to be a coaster...any guesses?

----

-Braztaz

Quick little update. May be the last.

Lately I've been suffering from severe lack of inspiration. I've really struggled to get the past few updates posted, and now I really just don't know if I'll ever get anything done. Maybe a nice break from RCT2 is what I need, but even after that I might as well just put my efforts into a new, hopefully better, park.

It also most likely won't be a timeline park. I focus too much on the timeline than actually improving and putting out quality screens. Maybe that's my biggest flaw, and the biggest reason why I'm still not very good.

It's strange, the most fun I've ever had with a park is my Holiday Thrills line-up of parks last summer.

Anyways, I might put up a download, only if people are interested.

That's all for now,

-Braztaz

• 2 months later...

I didn't want some of this work to go to waste, so here's some unseen screens!

advsunseen1.jpg.1716c1c8cfb9b533df23902cd1e0e3ab.jpg

You can see the Giga Coaster that would've debuted in the park for 2011 to be the last update. Also just an overview of most of everything.

446179365_advsunseen.jpg.59c4c63217cacec0c46868cfb3f53ffd.jpg

This is the Intamin Accelerator that would've opened in 2004.

-Braztaz

Overview looks great although you wouldnt normally see a Giga and Beemer hyper in one park. However, I guess CW makes this an exception...

Also, I like the look of the Intamin, except for the inversions. Just dont go well with a coaster of that nature in my opinion.

Overview looks great although you wouldnt normally see a Giga and Beemer hyper in one park. However, I guess CW makes this an exception...

Also, I like the look of the Intamin, except for the inversions. Just dont go well with a coaster of that nature in my opinion.

Well, that'd be a Giga and a beemer.. Giga.

Everything looks so cool! Wish it would continue.

Tdub: I was inspired by Storm Runner/Cheetah Hunt at the time, and so I just threw it together. But thanks!

CC9: Thanks! I'll probably end up getting some inspiration someday, who knows....

---

Here is one of the bridges, with a building that was supposed to kind of be an entrance to a kids' zone.

113726023_advsextraaalolkindoflookslikeadvsextra.jpg.2c85f04254f8a529f18fcee7e05487ad.jpg

Here's a close-up of the Giga. Only first hill supports were ever completed.

1942705901_advsiameatinggoatcheesenoseriously.jpg.d91bd4afba70600c7c781f2ce5c9518c.jpg

And here's an overview of the waterpark.

663880353_advswaterparkkindofironicconsideringimdrinkingwaterrightnow.jpg.3668c623ad25edbd32c08871a7a0e9c0.jpg

What do you guys think?

-Braztaz