TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Volare Flying Coaster

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to ride my first Volare at Flamingo Land last year. The trains are strange and they do have a unique style to loading. The lift is strange but it works well and takes up very little space.

The ride experience wasn't terrible but I wasn't overly fond of it.

I'm not sure whether other Volares do this but as the train makes it's way around the sharp hairpins at one end of the ride by the lift, the whole structure wobbles (I know wobbling is normal in coasters) but this was quite a lot and the trains squeaked a lot around those turns.

I won't be rushing back to Flamingo Land to ride Hero again but I wouldn't say no to ever riding it again like some other coasters out there!

I'm not sure whether other Volares do this but as the train makes it's way around the sharp hairpins at one end of the ride by the lift, the whole structure wobbles (I know wobbling is normal in coasters) but this was quite a lot and the trains squeaked a lot around those turns.

Ha! I thought about mentioning this in my post! Yes, you can see the ride wobble! When the car hits the brakes it's VERY visible!

Soarin' Eagle was down during our trip to Coney Island last year. I was disappointed for not getting the credit but after watching the video I'm kind of happy.

Poor Volare...it has such a bad rep. The good news is, there have been some design modifications to the carriage and it rides MUCH better (no more brain bashing barricades).

684012489_VOLARERIDEBROCHURE-NEW-page-0.thumb.jpg.4502a5e73ffafa516747c22d3f998035.jpg

Out with the old walls...

IMG_2120.thumb.JPG.77d2da05ef9fce3541d9125a88af7856.JPG

....in with the new, open design.

[attachment=1]

I have been on a couple of these and they are not the worst coasters I have been on but they are far from the best too. I know some people just hate them. I'll ride them for the credit. One and done.

I rode the one at Canada's Wonderland, and it had some of the most painful elements I have ever encountered on a coaster.

I probably won't ride it again myself, and it's at my home park. It's just plain awful.

I have been on a couple of these and they are not the worst coasters I have been on but they are far from the best too. I know some people just hate them. I'll ride them for the credit. One and done.

I think this sums up the Volare experience pretty well.

Poor Volare...it has such a bad rep. The good news is, there have been some design modifications to the carriage and it rides MUCH better (no more brain bashing barricades).

When did this happen?! (And if it's not new, I certainly never noticed it.)

I'm a bit surprised there's still a market for these, even though I know the tastes of enthusiasts and the general public can differ even when it comes to painful rides. But I get that they're probably one of the most compact and cost-effective ways to bring in a gimmicky coaster (with both inversions and a non-traditional riding position).

To me, they're quirky, uniquely terrifying rides that may not be smooth, but aren't unbearable. The cages are a bit sketchy, but the forces are interesting. I have ridden at least one of them more than once, and likely will again...