robbalvey

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's another potential issue, this time with the Game Exchange -

I uploaded the tracks to the game exchange and changed the downloadlinks. But there seems to be a problem. When I download the .TD6 tracks from the exchange, my computer makes PDF files of them. (This is also the case for RCT2-tracks other users have uploaded.)

Edit: I don't have this problem when I use Internet Explorer as a browser. (Normally I use Firefox.)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, okay. Let's get something straight here -

If you're going to delete a link, give a valid reason to the thread starter. I know that we've had some squabbles with NewElement concerning the whole "release at NE first or not at all" thing in the past, but this is the kind of thing that makes other communities ticked off at ours.

I have put his link back in, but it goes directly to the download and not to the park's page on NewElement. Technically, Liampie does have the right post count to post any link that he wants.

I'm not trying to make anyone upset here, I just think that we need to make sure that when we do a moderation thing we let the person know why.

EDIT: Or, if you actually did give a reason and the guy is just being a poopy head about it, I look like a massive moron right now.

Edited by A.J.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I gave him a reason. I gave him a -very- complete reason.

1.) His threads were linking directly to his posts in NE and NOT to the downloads directly (I guess he changed that along the way)

2.) His only posts were directly to NE/his threads at NE

3.) All I asked of him was to upload his files to TPR- and that's it.

Sorry for the delay in response - but really one should do a bit more research into the bitching of one person before laying down the laws when the story isn't complete yet.

R.D.

Me jumping the gun been happening lately (I'm doing my best to not do that anymore) and I apologize. I really should have asked you about it first, but I wanted the situation resolved as soon as possible.

Maybe I should just stay away from awkward situations...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Of course. It's really only been small stupid stuff lately though. I've been giving more warnings/references to the Terms of Service than punishments.

Right now, I really only lock topics if they're complete crap or users continually disregard the posted rules.

• 4 weeks later...

I've decided to keep my personal Facebook page for closer friends and family. If you find that you've been removed, please don't take it personally. If I have more of a "TPR/professional relationship" with you, that's where I want to keep things.

There's been a bit too much cross-over in my life recently which has resulted in un-wanted drama and I feel this is the best way to keep things more "organized" if you know what I mean.

Just wanted to explain.

--Robb

• 2 months later...

AJ, I'd like to start featuring some of the NL2 tracks and stuff that people upload to the GE on our Twitter and Facebook. Do you think that at the end of each week, you could send me a PM with 2-3 of the better tracks that I could tweet out to people? And then over the course of the next week, I'll put them out there?

• 2 weeks later...

AJ - So you might have noticed that the Game Exchange is off the front page nav bar. That doesn't mean we aren't supporting it, I just think that the majority of the people get to the game exchange via the forum anyway, and I was trying to clean things up a bit on the front page.

I think we should probably make (or turn one of the old threads into) the "Official TPR Game Exchange Thread" and put the link to the game exchange actually in the thread subtitle so that it shows up and it's easy to get to from the forum (the link is still on the forums nav bar anyway.)

But I kind of want to do that to fold the Game Exchange into the games forum, because I think that's really where it belongs.

Hope that makes some sense.

That's no trouble at all, do what you need to do. I think you're right in that most people go to the games forum first. I'll work on the threads later when I get some more time.

One thing though - with your heavy involvement with Theme Park Studio, I thought that you wanted Theme Park Review to end up being one of the big communities for that game. Was I just drunk on water when I read that or something?

^ This is still correct. I haven't been as involved with TPS lately as I've just been busy with our own things, but when the game comes out, and assuming it's good, I'd like to promote it as much as possible.

The most important thing people need to know about that game is that it's not intended to be competition for NoLimits, but instead be more replacing the void that RCT left.

I haven't seen a build of the game in a while, it's been about a month, but last time I played it, I thought it was looking pretty decent. But they still had a long way to go.

They're releasing a beta on Steam Early Access on the 10th of February.

Since it's just the beta, should I add a Theme Park Studio category on the Game Exchange when it happens?