TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The TPR Games Forum Moderators Random Thread

robbalvey

Ignorance is bliss - until a certain redhead mauls your face off.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47259&start=3380

Honestly, sometimes I want to jump through my screen and hit some of these kids with a big rock.

I like my method better: Out logic them. It's not difficult, they feel stupid afterwards, and then they shut up or go away. It's much happier that way- and I love the final outcome myself.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
So far I love it. Where did you get your CS?

I get it from all over the place heres some links

revolutionaryrides.net/index-1.html

www.customscenerydepot.com/index.php?action=downloads

www.putmeonthenet.net/content/old_spice/index.html

I got a lot from another site that is no longer on the web, but some of stuff from that site is on the 2nd link

To Matt/AJ/Derek: Do any of you know if we've got permission to show these links? I didn't want to delete this, but wanted to be sure we're 'safe' by cross- posting these here...

Edited by QueerRudie

FYI -

Superbigshow19971997 sent me a grammatically correct apology and said he will improve his posts.

I have banned this kid forever. He was banned again in the games forum and here is what he sent me:

What did I do? I misspelled one word and I have a 2 week ban? WHY? everyone makes mistakes! WTF!

I wrote back:

Who is this and what is this referring to?

one of themeparkreview.com's members i got banned for two weeks becuase of spelling one word wrong! right in the middle of making a RCT3 park!!!! 2 weeks!!!!! i make mistakes! i cant help it, please cant you undo my ban or somthing? come on!!!! this is not fair no website has these spelling rules! WTF?

So I wrote back...

Who is this? You're not making a great case for yourself having been banned for poor use of grammar and spelling by sending me an email with poor grammar and spelling. And on top of it, you failed to answer the one question I asked you - "Who is this?"

ok, im sorry about that my usernam is superbigshow19971997 i am a member of the forum it said if you have questions about your ban contact the board administrator so im apparently that's you.

I wrote back:

I have just reviewed the notes on your account. You have been banned twice for the same reason - poor grammar and spelling in the forum. Sorry, but we are a forum where this matters to us. If you cannot follow our rules, you are not welcome to be a member of the forum.

Now, I would have normally allowed you to come back to the forum and given you one more chance, but with the words you chose to contact me with, and the rude attitude you took with me, I am banning your account forever.

Perhaps this will be a lesson to you that you cannot be rude and obnoxious to people, and get your way.

You have been banned from Theme Park Review, and any events, trips, or functions we might host at your local park, forever.

EDIT - and his final response...

2 words bitch Fuck You.

I love it when people weed themselves out of TPR.

Edited by robbalvey

Robb- what's weird about that is that I had -very carefully- explained that I tend to be 'firmer' about the rules of English in chat a ways back... and then I found his 'I don't give a fuck' attitude in the recent parks' thread of "I don't want to make this a quality thread".

Key word: Douchebag.

Interesting.

I think the reason why a lot of our members have a problem with our spelling and grammar standards is because a lot of them have "migrated" from other message boards that have lower standards, and expect that half-assing a post is okay because the moderators will take care of it and move on. Then they get angry at us for doing what we're supposed to do.

It's another one of A.J.'s stupid assumptions, I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Got these two emails.... can someone let me know what they are referring to?

Hey Robb. I'd like to ask you a question about my banning. Am I banned forever, or a brief period of time? My username is molemaster43. Thank you Robb and have a great day.

Cole Klima

cmk17@scasd.org

Hey, again, Robb. Well, I have a situation. RD Sussman (QueerRudie) said he banned me for 24 hours. Well, it has been 24 hours and I am still banned. I feel that he is a little too harsh on us for very minor things, such as posting for posting sake (which I was wrongly accused of). I mean, I am only 13 and this is really the only place I can go to talk about theme parks and post my RCT2 park without being heavily criticized. I have only one passion in life, and that is theme parks. Is there anything you can do? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Robb, you're the best.

Cole Klima

cmk17@scasd.org

I have written back....

I don't know anything about the situation, however I do know our moderators are very fair, and we have some pretty strict rules on the forum. We don't go around banning people for no reason, so I would have to assume that you must have done *something* to get banned.

I will look into it for you.

I was in chat yesterday and Cole (Mole) was given FOUR warning to 1.) stop spanming the chat room with incessant pictures; 2.) Use proper language, 3.) Stop speaking in text messages, and to stop yelling at other people...

I gave him a 24 hour ban- and that's what the time was listed at when it started.

R.D.

Addendum: Re his 'overposting' for posting sake-

This is what I sent to him after reviewing his posts over the past week or so:

Hello:

I've been reading your responses to a lot of the posts recently, and the quality leaves something to be desired.

Awesome park. I am really liking it so far.

Awesome. Just awesome.

Awesome Coup. Awesome.

Nice updates, I am really looking forward to the new park.

Nice job with the park. Cannot wait for more.

Awesome progress. This is a project I am going to be following.

Good job Sam, keep up the good work.

Nice job! Cannot wait for the next update.

This is an amazing park. Cannot wait for the next update!

Oooo, I cant wait to see what this park has to dish up.

I really love this format. Keep up the good work.

This park looks very nice. Good job.

Awesome park Sam!

AWESOME PARK!!!!

Can't wait for the revival.

I cannot wait to see where this goes.

This is a list I found reading through your posts over the past 7 days. And this is the EDITED list.

Basically: If I see -one- more post that has a response like these, I'm going to give you a 7 day suspension here at TPR. These posts are repetitive, they have no real value to the thread, and are better reserved for sending to somebody in a Private Message from your TPR account- not for posting to the boards.

Please read and review the TPR posting rules. You can find them HERE.

This is your last chance. I don't want to see excessive posting again.

R.D.

Games Forum Management team.

Edited by QueerRudie

Here is what I wrote back to him:

I've had a chat with RD. I think you know why you've been banned, don't try to BS me.

If you have to be warned 4 times in chat not to spam the chat room with pictures, obnoxious posts and other stupid crap, that's 3 more warnings than I would have given you.

Your ban will be lifted soon. This will be your last warning. Continue to spam the forums or the chat rooms with posts or comments that add nothing to the conversation and you'll be banned forever.

Got it?

That's good to see- I don't think he understands that I try to be as fair as possible; and as of late we're seeing a rather hefty pile of bad posts. It is an unending battle sometimes with it, but if it's corrected early, I think we'll have some good posters. It's the ones who are flooding things out that it becomes a problem.

And thanks again, Robb!

That's good to see- I don't think he understands that I try to be as fair as possible; and as of late we're seeing a rather hefty pile of bad posts.

Yeah, did a RCT2 website shut down recently??? It's been really bad all of a sudden.

And molemaster has been psoting for posting sake in multiple forums.

I don't know, Matt- but we've had a surge in traffic, which is fine; it's the quality of the traffic that's been a concern as of late. Even with the 'bumping' of the 'please read this first' threads, we're getting a flood of issues.

As for another site going down: I think NE is purging people as of late. I got a weird e-mail from Dotrobot a few days back that was almost pleading to come back to TPR- which means he's fallen out of favor over there again.

Three childish words to say about that - Neener neener neener.

Anyway, I'm starting a huge production right now. Anyone mind if I start a topic? I'm looking for some great NoLimits tracks to be featured in the project, and I want to have a "casting call" of sorts. Kind of advertising, kind of not.

EDIT: Adding a random attachment so I can link it...

tprsigbarnew.png.da4df445442f7968e055304110c65b8a.png

Edited by A.J.