TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

~Waterbury Amusement Park~[RCT3]

September 2nd 1992. It's my first day living here in Stowe, Vt, a small skiing town, and I don't really like it here. Me and my family used to live in New York City, but my dad had a job transfer to here and we now live with my grandparents. I've been really bored and there's not much to do here. That was until I heard people talking about an amusement park while I was shopping. I guess it's called like Water something? I asked the people where it was and I quickly hurried myself over to the park.

As I got to the park, the parking lot is well... chaotic. They really need to pave it or something!You basically have to find and open spot and park there. Here's a picture.

The parking lot didn't really make a good first impression, but as I got to the front entrance I was pleasantly surprised. The entrance was really nice.

Next to the entrance was like a little pond...

Their 'Main Street' is called, "Mansfield Square" and was pretty nice also. Here's some pics:

And the season pass/Guest relations building

Sadly, this was when my camera died :'(. But as I got home my grandpa, who lived here for the past ten years, told me the park went under extensive renovations but they haven't gotten to the parking lot yet. The park has two coasters: An Arrow Corkscrew and a crazy woodie! Luckily, my family and I are visiting the park on closing day next week and I promise a full update on the whole park!

Comments are appreciated!

Edited by ericm95

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Thanks for the replies!

Before the update, I did try a new set for my buildings instead of the main street sets. I'd like some feedback on it because I'm skeptical on how it turned out.

September 15th, 1992. It's closing day for Waterbury and I made my family come out with me. I will be splitting the update into 2 parts. So onto part one...

Okay as we arrived at the park we headed right to Corkscrew. It is the park's best ride!

Here's the entrance. I liked it's sign!

Here's a better shot of the lift. That building is the Corkscrew Cafe, it's called that because you get a great view of Corkscrew!

And me and my family's on ride photo.

It was a great ride, kinda bumpy.

As we started to walk around we found Eagle's Flight. Luckily I rode this before I ate!

Rising above the trees

My grandpa told me these were some of the original buildings. The park was planning to demolish them during the renovation, but they decided to keep them.

Right across from these two buildings is High Flyin' Parachutes. It's a great ride to relax and enjoy the view!

We ate and decided to leave, as we were walking out we took a spin on the Grand Carousel in Mansfield Square.

Maybe lacking the 'grand' part but it's still a great family ride.

Mansfield Square still crowded!

To end this update, my favorite picture of High Flyin' Parachutes, see great view!

Wow I know that was a lot of pictures, but I still haven't showed you the other half of the park! I'll post those next time.

Also I heard the park was hiring ride ops, so I'm going to apply. Hopefully they call me back! Wish me luck.

Until next time...

Comments & Feedback is appreciated!

As I got to the park, the parking lot is well... chaotic. They really need to pave it or something!You basically have to find and open spot and park there. Here's a picture.

*laughing* ... didn´t see that at my first look at this thread XDDD

I agree, the CorcScrew is pretty well themed, like all the other areas. I also like the few details you´ve added they´re making the oictures really beautiful

I'm very interested in this so called 'crazy woodie'. Nice updates. The buildings are alright but I would suggest changing the colour of the light roofs and the green ones.

Thanks! Which building though?

Those giant planters take up the entire center of the paths, I'd change that if I were you, it looks bad...

I think they look fine But thanks for the suggestion!

Corkscrew is pretty exciting! You made good illustrations. It entices me to go and try Corkscrew.

I guess Corkscrew Cafe is a perfect spot when you're on a date.

Super thank you for the information you gave us!

Thanks for the reply!

Before the update, I wanted to tell you that I did not custom support the woodie, but I promise I will later on

Hey guys! I can't believe I didn't tell you my name, I'm Austin and I wanted to tell you I GOT A JOB AT THE PARK! I'm so excited to start over spring break!

Last time I only showed one half of the park, now I'm going to show the rest. Onto the pictures...

The first thing you'll see on this side is this building, it's one of my favorites. In the background is Forest Flyers (Sorry I forgot to take a picture of it :\ )

If you walk further on you come across Stallion, the park's airtime filled woodie!

Here's the entrance.

And the entrance to the que line.

And it's station.

Sadly, this is the only pic I could get of the ride, but once I start my job I can get access to backstage areas. So I promise better pictures in the future!

The photo doesn't do the ride justice, it really flies over those hills!

Right at the end of the path you see Spin Out, which has my favorite ride sign (behind Corkscrew)

Sadly this area of the park doesn't get much attention, I really hope the park adds more to this side to draw more people. Well more rides on Stallion for me!

Well you've seen most of the park, sorry I forgot to get pictures of some of the rides

But when spring break comes around I'll bring more pictures!

Here's a list of the parks rides:

Flats

The Grand Carousel

High Flyin' Parachutes

Eagle's Flight

Mad Tea Party

Waterfront Bumpers

Twist 'n' Shout

Forest Flyers

The Great Wheel

Spin Out

Coasters

Corkscrew

Stallion

Hopefully these lists get longer in the future, I mean the park hasn't added anything in 5 years, oh yeah here's a postcard of Corkscrew from 1986.

See you soon!

Comments are appreciated!

Well it has been a while! The snow has melted and spring break is next week! The park has released some cool aerial shots of the park, thought I'd share them!

First off, Here is the main entrance with Mansfield Square.

Right off of Mansfield Square you find a long pathway with the 2 original buildings, and High Flyin' Parachutes.

At the end of the long pathway you reach a fork in the road, if you go left you find: Mad Tea Party, Waterfront Bumpers, Corkscrew, Corkscrew Cafe, and all the way at the end is Twist 'n' Shout.

Here is an over view of Corkscrew.

If you go right at the fork in the road you find: Eagle's Flight, a waterfront eating area, a large gift shop, and Forest Flyers.

Then at the other end of the park you find: The Great Wheel, Stallion, Stallion Gifts, a small food stall, and Spin Out.

^In the above aerial shot you see that small food stand, it seems like there are building something directly behind it. During my training for my job I asked my manager about it and he said, "That area of the park hasn't been really popular so were going to add a new ride over there." Seems exciting! Can't wait to see what it is!

Right now you can just see the outline of the que line. Well spring break is next week so I promise more pictures of opening day and maybe more construction. Stay tuned!

Here is a crappy attempt at getting the park's skyline.

*********************************************************************************

Comments & Feedback are appreciated!

^Really?? I actually really liked the green

It's your park. I just thought it stood out a bit to much compared to the second building's roof. Maybe the roof of the first building should be green to even out the contrast between the gold and green. They are very well consrtucted though!

Sorry for the delayed update I've been busy. I do promise a full update very soon!

The First Major Attraction is coming to a small Amusement Park in 5 Years!

-Stowe, VT

Waterbury Amusement Park, a small amusement park in Stowe, has recently announced a new thrill ride for the park in nearly 5 years.

Falcon, manufactured by Chance rides, takes you on a high flyin', headache inducing adventure. Falcon will throw you 65 feet in the air, while the passenger vehicle spins continuously, resulting in mind-blowing, upside down sky views and heart-stopping weightlessness.

Falcon, and Waterbury, will open to the summer season on June 5th, with season passes on sale for $29.99.

Concept art:

Hey guys, I know I promised a spring break update, I was very busy operating Corkscrew that I never was able to take photos. But I promise a big batch of photos from the summer.

Here's a construction update of Falcon:

April 1993. The que line was laid down.

May 1993. The ride was constructed, all that needed to be done is landscaping.

May 28th, 1993. The ride started testing and some finishing touches need to be added.

Looks like everything is almost done! It's going to be a great summer season.

See you soon!

Comments & Feedback please!!

Please finish this, you have had so many parks that you have left to die, and they have all been great.

This is your best park yet, do NOT abandon this.

p.s. I would love to see more pictures of Stallion and possibly a POV.

Yeah I know , mostly due to lack of comments which ruins my motivation to continue the park. But since this park has gotten more replies than my past parks, I will be continuing this for a while And thanks!

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello everyone! Yesterday was opening day and I promised a large update. I always keep my promises, so here is a large update! Enjoy!

Let's start with some improvements made throughout the park:

Some new landscaping was done around Falcon.

And an area near Waterfront Bumpers got the same treatment.

And a new small food/drink stall was added, similar to the other ones.

Okay onto Falcon! Here's the intimidating logo.

The park went all out, everywhere you went you saw signs advertising Falcon, just take a look:

At the main entrance.

And on all the food stalls.

And on, the renamed, Waterbury Emporium.

Here's the entrance to Falcon.

When the park opened, everybody flocked to Falcon! I was one of them and luckily I was one of the first people to get there.

It was a great ride! It gave me a lot of butterflies. Stallion had increased ridership too! And I have more Stallion pictures, as promised.

First Drop!

Airtime!

And even more airtime!

Roaring into the brakerun....

After Stallion I walked over to the other side of the park, and passed by Forest Flyers.

And Waterfront Bumpers, I didn't ride though because I don't really like bumper cars... :-[

I was going to ride Twist 'n' Shout but somebody puked and the ride shut down for cleaning. >:(

Oh well, Luckily there's Corkscrew to lighten my mood!

Near the end of the day Falcon's line died down and I got one last ride before heading out!

And here's my favorite shot I took, I don't know why I just love it

Well I know that was a lot of photos, and I thank you for reading all of it! It was a great opening day and I'll be posting another update soon! See you next time.

********************************************************************************

Comments & Feedback please!!!

It is now mid-July and it's really warm! The park was very crowded today, I didn't show up till around noon. So the crowds were spread throughout the park. Something weird was going on around Corkscrew, Just look below.

The first thing you see in the park is the beautiful Mansfield Square.

I decided to take a ride on High Flyin' Parachutes since the line was short, and it gave some great views!

After that I was pretty hungry, so I went over to this lakeside eating area. Surprisingly nobody eats here, it was very quiet. :\

Then, of course, I decided to hit Falcon. Sadly it had a half an hour wait, but I decided to wait it out since it's my favorite flat!

After I decided just to hit Corkscrew then leave, because it was scorching hot! That's one thing the park needs, is a good water ride!

But while I was on, I saw what looked like to be construction. As we got higher up the lift, it looks like some land clearing has started! I'm excited to see what this is!

Yep, it's construction! There were construction walls by Twist 'n' Shout.

Exciting! Can't wait to see how this turns out! Hopefully it's a water ride. To end this update, here's a shot of my favorite building, Corkscrew Cafe.

See you next time!

***********************************************************************************

Comments, Feedback/Criticism please!!